Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime Using Other People Accounts To Follow Bounty Campaign  (Read 157 times)
phoinex (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 165

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:22:16 AM

Bitcointalk became a very useful site in the discussion of all forms related to the crypto world. Investors, traders, developers, use BTT sites as a tool of proportion, seek knowledge, share, or make money. The development of BTT is so rapidly that many people race to have accounts to be utilized as they need. But behind all that of course many problems that are sourced from the users who are not responsible. Seeing the problem the BTT admin also not stay silent they have made a rule of thumb that of course want to eliminate the problem about the user who became a scammer. Of course I am very happy with the actions taken from the BTT.

Slightly told that on 9 July I received a message like this:

Of course I was surprised, because it will be reported to the admin to be banned. Then I check in the spredsheet link and I find my BTT name and my profile link written there. Then I check more detail to the email and Ether address there it was not my address and I myself did not follow the Campaing. Here's a picture of the spredsheet:

After that I sent a message back to someone who complained to me as below:

My point is I refuse, because I do not feel the campaign, and I also send a message to the bounty manager then I take the picture and I attach it to the sender who complained to me. After a while the rogue person replied to me that he trusted me and would not report to the admin to block me.
Thi is a mesage picture to bounty manager:

From this problem, of course, I can take the conclusion for us true bounty hunter, bounty manager, and plagiarism victim so that he can not be used by others and avoid problems like me:

1. Please complete your BTT profile try all the matches you use in spredsheet, email, BTC address, ETH address for our account more authentic.
2. For the second course this suggestion for bounty Manager to check one by one profile from the followers bounty.
3. And for the victim in plagiarism please immediately confirm first to make sure because in the end will pity if it is true the account is used by others who plagiarize your work.

Having analyzed this issue is of course very troubling and disadvantageous. When I think to arrive to consider whether the BTT account needs to use KYC as well, I think it will give a positive impact on BTT.

How about your opinion?
MedicineVNT

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:30:51 AM

The criminals are so ugly that they can crouch but behave and we have to be afraid of them using all the tricks so that we can have loopholes that will rob us of our values so be careful
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:36:02 AM

Of course, such actions are very unpleasant, but how to deal with them? I wrote an article, and in 5 minutes it was posted under my name with another's ETH address. Scammers do not waste time, their methods of deception become more cunning.

StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:39:20 AM

BTT won't introduce KYC as it goes against the spirit of this forum and there are also members that do not participate in bounties however Bounty managers can do KYC for every bounty participants to discourage cheating among bounty hunters.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Mendrofa

Activity: 455
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:13:21 AM

there are a lot of scammers out there, I've also experienced things like this, I think bounty managers have to tighten the rules again in order to avoid things like this and create a healthy competition between hunters bounty
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:23:35 AM

Doing KYC in a place like this is somewhat risky. Imagine if the forum will be hacked and all information will be compromised. There are millions of active users in here and I bet majority of the high rank won't allow KYC. Theymos would definitely won't let that happen even in the future. I know that there are lots of scammers in here and wanted to earn money easily, we just have to be vigilant when it comes to those kinds of members by reporting them to mods.
phoinex (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:45:35 AM

there are a lot of scammers out there, I've also experienced things like this, I think bounty managers have to tighten the rules again in order to avoid things like this and create a healthy competition between hunters bounty
If bad things happen when a few days do not open a BTT account and who feel harmed have reported and my account is banned then I will of course be very troublesome and it is a loss for me because I did not commit the crime.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:50:46 AM

It's no longer a secret if so many people use someone else's account for personal gain, perhaps one of the best ways I can think of using post autentication, because so far, has been shown to reduce that crime action.
phoinex (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:06:44 AM

It's no longer a secret if so many people use someone else's account for personal gain, perhaps one of the best ways I can think of using post autentication, because so far, has been shown to reduce that crime action.
Yes this can be the best solution because who do not know what could be account dibaned because of the behavior of others
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:15:44 AM

Most reputed bounty manager use Post authentication to verify users which is the best solution so far and if other managers take steps to apply the same measures to their campaigns, it would help filtering fake users.
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:08:01 AM

a lot of scammers with tricks to manipulate the work of others, it is very detrimental to the bounty hunters who work honestly, if you are not guilty of cheating you have to defend yourself and make things better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: