Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Become Mainstream In The Next 10 Years?  (Read 2450 times)
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 03:53:10 AM

According to a study conducted by researchers at Imperial College London, cryptocurrency has the potential to become a form of payment that is widely used for decades to come. In their research report entitled "Cryptocurrency: Overcoming Barriers to Trust and Adoption" Professor Imperial College London, William Knottenbelt, and Imperial College Business School Dr. Zeynup Gurguc, argue that cryptocurrency has so far acted as a store of value like a fiat currency.

Good point. As of now more and more users or investors are convinced to enter the cryto world, investinf into different coins, bitcoin to be precise. Therefore as of this moment it is just a start, just like in a troupe it is in the process of recruiting new members in able to be more powerful, it is what is going on in bitcoin, or cryptocurrency as of today.
there's a chance that it can become the mainstream in the next ten years. but the chance is small. we don't have any assurance that it will still famous in the past ten year because everything change. nothing and permanent and if there was coin that made and it will become attracted to the people I am sire bitcoin will gone for good.

Well at least once in human history, it well tell the next generation that we could trust each other without the aid of the third party such as banks and other financial intuitions. That we could be really financially free, free from banks expensive services. And also we could do transparent transactions to avoid corruptions specially in government institutions where corruption is all over the hierarchy.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:17:46 AM

Well yeah, any study can say anything in order to help on side feel like they're going to get what they want. Don't beleive the bullshit and actually think for a second. Do you really think that world governments, multibillion-dollar banks, money transfer services, and so on and so forth are going to allow for Bitcoin (and the rest of Crypto) to go mainstream? Because if you do think this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I do hope that this would happen, don't get me wrong. But I'm a realistic thinker, and I know that these groups aren't going to relinquish their control over what they have with ease. They're going to fight for it, and they're going to fight hard for it. I know it won't come easy at all.

I think and all countries understnad that and even China and India which are banning them better than others ,they do it just to have time to prepare to that nothing more.

They do this to crack down on something which they think is going to be a problem for their governments in the future -- that's not even a fraction of what they can do to screw crypto.

I don’t think so that can happen. Bitcoin becoming mainstream currency implies that it would replace fiat currency. But lets consider the current scenario Some people can never understand how this technology works or how to use it owing to illiteracy factors. The poor people can also not afford to use it as it needs a smartphone and above all there will also be some risk of suffering loss. Moreover Fiat bubble has been so well inculcated in every bit of our economy that it is certainly impossible to ignore this bubble. We need a huge market crash another one like the 2008 which could really open up the eyes of people and make them realize how bad can debt be.
But bitcoin as a form of cryptocurrency make it possible to achieve being the future currency on transaction and investment. Why? because of the development it could take all through out the year it may come. It is not just about the way people would accept bitcoin but how bitcoin would develop and improve its system within the given support of people and different form of businesses in the market of cryptocurrency together with the improvement of blockchain systems.
Macon Bargeman

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:29:36 AM

I see the replacement of Bitcoin as inevitable.
 The current market price is a reflection of BTC adopters who aren’t using the coin for anything but trading. Investors are inflating the price and a lot of common men and women are jumping on board seeing this as an opportunity to invest in the future of banking and wealth management. What I see happening with BTC when researching their internal politics, the state of the blockchain, and the upcoming proposals of hard-forks, soft-forks, and forced-forks, I’m not just betting on BTC crashing. I’m anticipating the evaporation of the crypto-giant entirely.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

I think it all depends if bitcoin becomes widely accepted by many people and countries. Popularity is one key factor to be considered when talking about becoming mainstream. The more people using and buying bitcoin the more we are closer to our dreams of bitcoin becoming mainstream.
Zhess Miller

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:35:38 AM

Dislodging Bitcoin is a difficult task but not unachievable. However, currencies like Dogecoin or Litecoin will never be up to the task since they are fundamentally no different from their parent Bitcoin. Only the highly innovative currencies with unique features will be able to take on Bitcoin in the future. Ripple, NXT and CryptoNote are the three technologies that took different path and are thought of as true alternatives to Bitcoin.
I personally think that anonymous transactions feature that is so ingeniously implemented in CryptoNote coins will get in the spotlight in the nearest future. And the most likely candidate to showcase the CN tech is Bytecoin (BCN).
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:37:25 AM

We don't realize what will happen tomorrow on the grounds that bitcoin is flighty it might go standard one year from now or the following one year from now it relies upon in what manner will the market of bitcoin unfurl yet one thing is sure if bitcoin is acquaint with every one of the general population on the planet it might change how we may deal with our cash and method of installment it perhaps only a contrasting option to money yet it has an alternate element that fiat had not.
Rojer1928

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

if in my mind it will happen because most people have obtained their source of income from the field of BITCOIN.
Currently BITCOIN has great potential and success in the next 10 years. Maybe bitcoin will be legalized and can be used as the primary currency in conducting online transactions. and if I think bitcoin will be good for everyone in the future
xanaxxx

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:57:48 AM

According to a study conducted by researchers at Imperial College London, cryptocurrency has the potential to become a form of payment that is widely used for decades to come. In their research report entitled "Cryptocurrency: Overcoming Barriers to Trust and Adoption" Professor Imperial College London, William Knottenbelt, and Imperial College Business School Dr. Zeynup Gurguc, argue that cryptocurrency has so far acted as a store of value like a fiat currency.
Bitcoin as a fashion tendency, huh? I think it is not only possible, it is already going through our world, young people in my area are thinking that cryptocurrency is something tough and you need to have knowledge in that sphere to be relevant.

It's like with veganism nowadays. Doing it only for the sake of fashion is not exactly the great purpose, but it still helps to save the animals and spread the world. Same with btc
BossRoss89

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:00:52 AM

I'm pretty sure it can. It definitely must. Look at all the money pumped into the technology! Will they let it just vanish? Don't think so.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:02:41 AM

again I repeat bitcoin itself as a means of payment, I do not see it in the future, I see it as a means for accumulating my money, namely, other cryptovalutes will be the payment medium, this is my opinion
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

Of course that is one the possibilities we should expect in the future. But if bitcoin is seeing itself like that in the future, it should really step-up now and make the crowd roar in happiness.
brukva

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:36:22 AM

Bitcoin has a good chance of becoming a world digital currency.
blockchain09

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:43:35 AM

It is very likely to happen unless a new currency has been devised by the government in the future and it is more widespread. Personally I think Bitcoin can only be represent for cryptocurrency because its value is at least a few thousand dollars, which is very annoying if you have 1 Bitcoin and want to buy a couple of snacks. Not because because you do not want your 1 Bitcoin to be 0.999999 Bitcoin, but also you don't know whether you pay more than the amount of the item you bought because the value of Bitcoin is so massive to keep track on.
Papapat22

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:52:22 AM

Everything about bitcoin regarding that matter is still uncertain beforehand. Though there's a chance it can be widely used but it doesn't seems totally realistic if the basis was 10 years from now.

Ghypatt

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 10:16:43 AM

I perfectly agree with their findings and I know several others do as well. Btc has firmly gained grounds to disrupt our current financial transactions across the globe. I believe with time, it will definitely reached the mainstream.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
FO4R

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:50:47 AM

definately bitcoin will become a mainstream in the next 10 years because bitcoin is becoming well known cryptocurrency which i think many people will be knowledgeable on how to manage these crypto.Bitcoin also offers a variety of innovative solutions that address every people's need which is likely more eligible to use in different transactions via a blockchain or even to a different nodes.
meerkatoken
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:00:42 AM

Short answer is yes. The factors impacting the rate of Bitcoin adoption can be roughly divided into three groups: technological, utilitarian and psychological.

The technological barrier is the transaction number limit. Second layer solutions are about to fix this as of writing.
Utility problems will be solved by individual cryptocurrency payment suppliers or lets say paypal addig BTC feature. Also credit card manufacturers have to be involved. This is also inevidabel because buying crypto is too complicated for a totally new user. Especially if this user is a 50 year old merchant who has a restaurant and can make the best meal but doesnt even use a computer on a daily basis.
Unfortunately the Psychological barrier can only be passed by global legislation frameworks. That is hard but will happen within 10 years.
hoosen

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:07:33 AM

It is real for that period of time. But still it is long about 10 years, in year 5 or 3 years the popularity of Bitcoin will grow up very fast and the price will be better than now.

I agree with you because 10 years is a big period of time. Every day more and more people are joined to Bitcoin. So we must think about the polarity of Bitcoin. It doesn't need to be a mainstream.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:26:59 PM

I don't think it can be mainstream in our life because still more people don't want invest in Bitcoin. But if Bitoin creat new opportunities in daily life for everyone, I think more and more people will join to it.
bob_rushford

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

Crypto makes the payment system hassle free. Its easier to carry them, a new form of currency i suppose. Might be mainstream in less than 5 years or so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: