Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system -> People started sell it violating rules. What do you think?  (Read 349 times)
Olena9797 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:21:05 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 03:59:03 PM by Olena9797

Hi everyone. Its been long time since providing merit system. Firstly i thought its good idea. To improve your rang you should write good quality posts to get merit. It means less shit posting here, less spam. But what we see now? Nobody gives you this, people started to sell merit. You can just buy it with horrible ptice, 1 merit - 10$. So you have only 2 ways: buy merit or buy account, and you can be banned abusing forum ruless. Or stay with your rang forever. Whad do you think now about this system a few month later after providing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptomagnate

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:26:56 PM

Hi everyone. Its been long time since providing merit system. Firstly i thought its good idea. To improve your rang you should write good quality posts to get merit. It means less shitposting here, less spam. But what we see now? Nobody gives you this, you can just buy it with horrible ptice, 1 merit - 10$. So you have only 2 ways: buy merit or buy account. Or stay with your rang forever. What do you think?

The merit system has some flaws which need to corrected,because the idea of buying merits to increase tour ranking negate the principle of quality posting as was aimed at by the founders of the forum. With the latest development if you have the money you can elevate yourself to any height in the forum without much stress.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:30:18 PM

Hi everyone. Its been long time since providing merit system. Firstly i thought its good idea. To improve your rang you should write good quality posts to get merit. It means less shitposting here, less spam. But what we see now? Nobody gives you this, you can just buy it with horrible ptice, 1 merit - 10$. So you have only 2 ways: buy merit or buy account. Or stay with your rang forever. What do you think?

Both of the paid options are not worth it and would eventually expose you.
One option could be forcing users to send merit in small numbers to prevent from decaying their own merit.
Merit should not be the ultimate measure for ranking members as it entirely depends on the perceptive and reasoning of the provider and almost 90% of user don't care on using it at all.
Olena9797 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:33:49 PM

The merit system has some flaws which need to corrected,because the idea of buying merits to increase tour ranking negate the principle of quality posting as was aimed at by the founders of the forum. With the latest development if you have the money you can elevate yourself to any height in the forum without much stress.

Yes, only if you have money. For example to get Full member you need to buy 90 merits, it means 900$ or buy account, 1000-1500$ and you can be banned for it. I dont think thats good. I saw only few times when people got merit. Mostly it were or high rangs send it to each other or bounty managers. Thats why i wanna understand what people with small rangs think about this

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:38:21 PM

Don't get frustrated. Keep the quality of your post and be active. Getting merit may be difficult but isn't impossible.
As getting merit is rare, the merit requirements too should be decreased in order to facilitate a rank rise.
5 merit for member, 15 for full member, 30 for senior and so on would be a more practical measure.
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:42:31 PM

The moderators always try to prevent this. I know many people have been banned, red trust just because of buying merits. So I don't think these ways are safe.
Olena9797 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:46:03 PM

The moderators always try to prevent this. I know many people have been banned, red trust just because of buying merits. So I don't think these ways are safe.

Yes, i wrote that you can be banned becouse of buying merit ot accounts

Olena9797 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

Don't get frustrated. Keep the quality of your post and be active. Getting merit may be difficult but isn't impossible.
As getting merit is rare, the merit requirements too should be decreased in order to facilitate a rank rise.
5 merit for member, 15 for full member, 30 for senior and so on would be a more practical measure.

Absolutely agree with you, 90 to Full member is unreal. 15 normal

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

There are just insufficient merit source. In my country, there are only less than 5 merit sources. The community of my Nation is surprisingly big in this forum. How can those <5 merit sources accomodate us all? The merit system is not so perfect as it seems. Shit posting still exists. It was not fixed nor eradicated. People just get tired exerting efforts that aren't given back enough credit. No matter how many posts you comment that have sense, 99.9% of the time, it will just be ignored.

timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 01:51:04 PM

I think, that if you want to sell a merit this fact will be detected by arbitrage of bitcoin talk forum. Because merit is the main indicator of the quality of your post. That's why you must try to make post interesting and useful. Another way is going not under the law...)

jkdawg78

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

Wow yea anything can be bought huh.  Maybe a system like reddit karma would work out better.  
plpatel

Activity: 260
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:52:53 PM

Only if founders of the forum could have known this, before implementing the merit system, that merit system could also be traded for some good money. Though currently ranking up is more difficult, but if you got money you can get your self ranked up quite easily just by buying merits.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:55:25 PM

I think the merit system is really flawed, because there has been several shit post on the forum
So i think there needs to be a review, maybe the merits per rank should be reduced and considerate to encourage forum users.

The collection of merit is indeed difficult and hard to get, but i think it is not impossible, so lets keep quality posts and educative comments.
Merits will come sooner sooner and more benefits from the forum too.
nick_2017

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:55:53 PM

Hello. I think it wasn't a good idea firstly. I made more than 200 messages after creating merit system but I didn't get any merit. And I am not going to buy it.

Olena9797 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:59:46 PM

Hello. I think it wasn't a good idea firstly. I made more than 200 messages after creating merit system but I didn't get any merit. And I am not going to buy it.

Me too. So we are with our rangs forever Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

RBI

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

Very controversial issue.
Buying a ready and rolled out account is always risky.
Buy merit is also controversial, because people can buy merit, write posts and then these most pumped-up accounts and continue, which certainly can raise the price of already pumped-up accounts.
Probably the idea of rewarding merit for information and useful posts in itself is very correct. It's a pity that the people are very greedy and nobody shares this merit.
Olena9797 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:02:58 PM

I think the merit system is really flawed, because there has been several shit post on the forum
So i think there needs to be a review, maybe the merits per rank should be reduced and considerate to encourage forum users.

The collection of merit is indeed difficult and hard to get, but i think it is not impossible, so lets keep quality posts and educative comments.
Merits will come sooner sooner and more benefits from the forum too.

How do you think how many time do you need to get 100 merits to be a Full member? I bet that even in 2 years you will not be Full. Of course if the rules are not gonna be changed. But lets hope for the best

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:11:41 PM

The system is not working, i haven't seen a way merit system has improved quality of post by member of forum what is the importance of merit system when people can buy it with money.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 02:17:01 PM

There are advantages and disadvantages that the merit system gives to the community,

first in advantages is that it will train every users here in the community to post good and great article related to crypto currencies and this will help a lot of newbies in gaining knowledge.

More constructive post as what you said the lesser the shitpost.

the great thing is that you will be rewarded on what you contributed on the community.

and then here comes the problem due to merit system there are lot of people not getting a high rank,
the reason is that the giver of merit not seeing them why?
1. The author is not that popular (Jr.mem or lower ranks)
2. The authors post is not inclined with the community wants because most of the community users
    always talks about "if you have 1 btc what will you do?" this is kind a redundant and shit post.
3. The author doesn't give enough information.
4. the Post reach is quite too low.
5. The giver of merit are getting corrupt because they own multiple accounts so instead of sharing the merit to another user they just sent it to their other account.

All in all the merit system has it's own advantages and disadvantages. but this is a head start for great community i hope that the administrators will improve this system for better and greater community of bitcoin and crypto people.

sd
Thardz07

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:17:29 PM

This post it should be in Meta. If that’s your way to rank up, is not it questionable? The DT will also see your post if you are deserving of merit. Buying a merit is violating the forum rules so it should be avoided. So the merit system has been implemented to make a quality post. Not to buy or sell merits.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: