Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how can we make crypto community more "environment" friendly  (Read 178 times)
PoseidonF (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 228
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:00:13 PM

its not a secret that crypto are not very friendly to the environment as there are huge electricity costs in order to mine coins. Just looking for some suggestions on how we can make this community more sensitive to this aspect.
markluis

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

Actually yes you think a good idea based on this for crypto we need more and more electricity to run based on this when we mine coins that time it took too much electricity such as we need some another idea based on this which is environment friendly.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:53:51 PM

I think new eco friendly and energy efficient miners should be introduced that ideally should consume 1/100th of electricity that the current miners consume, for example, for the current one miner consumption we should be able to run 100 miners, this will not only make mining more eco-friendly but also more profitable.

nickmiller

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Well I agree that something should be done to lessen the power consumption of mining. I will hope that the experts will come up with some idea on how this can be improved.  Roll Eyes Smiley
KevinRobertson

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:01:22 PM

It's true we can't know who use this coin. But i think this market need a community because of bonding. That’s why this market needs to take initiative for achieve this goal.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:25:03 AM

Actually to make the crypto community more users friendly, support from all the investors is a must. We all should come forward to make contribution to make the community more users friendly. I think every coin needs to create their own active forum like bitcoin then it will be easy for investors to link with others also. If we all can act like one then I think we will be successful in this.
Sandeepmanwall

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:28:27 AM

I think this market need a community because of bonding. That’s why this market needs to take initiative for achieve this goal.
Sandeepmanwall

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:31:22 AM

The crypto community more users friendly, support from all the investors is a must. We all should come forward to make contribution to make the community more users friendly.
PoseidonF (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

Actually to make the crypto community more users friendly, support from all the investors is a must. We all should come forward to make contribution to make the community more users friendly. I think every coin needs to create their own active forum like bitcoin then it will be easy for investors to link with others also. If we all can act like one then I think we will be successful in this.

The question was how can we make community more environmentally friendly, not user friendly. Thank you, for your reply tho
PoseidonF (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:04:54 AM

Well I agree that something should be done to lessen the power consumption of mining. I will hope that the experts will come up with some idea on how this can be improved.  Roll Eyes Smiley

Well new projects with new systems protocol are launching, a good example is Stellar Lumens that compared to other crypto already consume a lot less electricity.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

Yeah, it's really a good idea. Investors will have lots of work to do when it comes to making cryptocurrencies environmental friendly. Also, the market instability has been one of the issues of cryptos, which has been causing lots of pessimism to investors and crypto traders. But, with the incentives of new great projects, things could change.
bhadz

Activity: 2450
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:19:05 AM

its not a secret that crypto are not very friendly to the environment as there are huge electricity costs in order to mine coins. Just looking for some suggestions on how we can make this community more sensitive to this aspect.
Everything that's associated with technology, you have to expect that they need energy for its consumption. There are miners who are doing something to not contribute with power shortage and is reinventing their farms through investing with solar energy, wind energy and green energy. Innovation can't be stopped and if it requires electricity consumption then we only have to adopt it and use alternative source of energy.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:38:06 AM

I think new eco friendly and energy efficient miners should be introduced that ideally should consume 1/100th of electricity that the current miners consume, for example, for the current one miner consumption we should be able to run 100 miners, this will not only make mining more eco-friendly but also more profitable.
I agree with you, it would be great to make life easier for both miners and people who care about the environment and besides, many countries would no longer see the problem in cryptocurrencies. But unfortunately so far such technologies are not available to us.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:39:44 AM

I am afraid that for this we must change the human nature. There are envy, fear of missing out, mood swings between euphoria and depression etc on crypto industry at present conditions. So the community just vulnerable to them.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
GantVolnov

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:46:48 AM

I think that special chips for mining will be released soon, which will consume a lot less electricity or not at all. Now this is a problem, but I'm sure that the developers will find a solution, because very big money is interested in this.
barsametu01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

This a good initiative you think based on this many good idea will come based on crypto market I appreciate this issues and yes I agree that electricity problem should be solved soon because it take too much electricity based on this developers are working on this how to reduce also we should think another initiative which can be supplement of this.
PoseidonF (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:03:12 AM

This a good initiative you think based on this many good idea will come based on crypto market I appreciate this issues and yes I agree that electricity problem should be solved soon because it take too much electricity based on this developers are working on this how to reduce also we should think another initiative which can be supplement of this.

Hello,

If you appriciate this isues I think you'd like this project https://poseidon.eco
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2216

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:15:07 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 01:25:18 AM by Coin-1

Probably you are saying about the Proof-of-Work protocols. Yes, these mining algorithms burn a huge amount of electricity. So take a look at the Proof-of-Stake protocols, for example. These algorithms uses less electricity costs, but have other flaws. In any case, PoW is needed to decentralize the peer-to-peer payment system and to prevent a censorship of transactions.
turtletime

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:17:48 AM

We will start using more proof of stake coins instead of proof of work.  Right now bitcoin uses a massive amount of energy and its bad for the environment.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:18:12 AM

I think, crypto miner should be reduced to reduce excessive use of the district. after that, everyone can switch to investment or trading, and bounty campaign also has good prospects.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: