Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Symbol of blockchain  (Read 1085 times)
PhuongVo2702

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:52:05 PM

I think the 3rd symbol is so good. And the second choice is the 1st symbol. It's looked simple but have a good mean for Blockchain technology Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:41:02 PM

Quote from: d5000
Something like that Smiley, but connecting the upper block would just make it a "circle" and that doesn't represent blockchain very well either.
No, if you connect the block with only one of the other blocks, then it becomes correct (similar to the correction I proposed to bL4nkcode), as there is no circularity then.

That could work, should that block be a different color? Just that if they would all be black, it might not be balanced. And it could represent various things. Well, i have to try that when i'll get back home
That's not that important. If the block is of a different colour, it could represent the genesis block, for example.

An idea: What if you use a slightly bigger size for the upper block and "divide" it in the fashion of gmaxwell's block symbol (or the Blockchain.com symbol), to visualize transactions and data inside the block? Then you have also a visual differentiation from the three remaining blocks and it becomes less boring.

@moseich: As I wrote, I like this symbol, too ... only that I would delete one of the chains so it becomes correct. Otherwise simply the concept is wrong.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:27:51 AM

What about 3-dimensional wire/line cubes, connected at the corners to make a chain? Seems like it would iconify the idea quite well. The lines making the cube could even be lines of code, and Matrix-style green with a black background, maybe background code as well.

Just an idea,
The Cyberius team.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:18:11 AM

What about 3-dimensional wire/line cubes, connected at the corners to make a chain? Seems like it would iconify the idea quite well.
I don't understand fully.  Something like the first one in post #1 (the OP)[/quote] but in the form of a chain? Could work.

The lines making the cube could even be lines of code, and Matrix-style green with a black background, maybe background code as well.
Lines of code woudn't be ideal, because of two reasons:

- which code to use? Bitcoin Script? Solidity? That would already be biased. Or Pseudocode? But that could be confusing, people would think it to be a kind of "universal blockchain code".
- text would probably be too small to be recognized as code in smaller resolutions (e.g. favicons or program icons).

For now, my favourite concepts are:

- #41. Maybe with an addition like I sketched here.

(source: https://preview.ibb.co/nR8X4J/locks.jpg)

- A modified version of #73, with one chain "cut":

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀