Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:31:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 931 times)
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

The day I join crypto currency mew was the only wallet I no, immediately i know of other form of wallet, I deviate from using mew currently i use imtoken, metamask and coinomi.

Since day one MEW is the only I used and up then I guess this is the only I will be using. It ain't the fault of MEW, if users are installing something not even related to MEW and that was the cause of all these, it ain't the fault of MEW. You trust a browser then then that's the users fault now. They should have been using the MEW the better way such as downloading it and use it offline.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

No wallet is 100% secure and we can only beware of our private keys and avoid installing extensions on borwsers and visiting websites or installing suspicious software.
DreezHoly

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:53:52 PM

The security of your wallet is entirely your concern and responsibility, That's what we are told all the time and that's just what it is, no one else will help you look after your coins for you, You have been told countless times not to log into starnge links, sometimes the problem is not the wallet, rather th owners who arent as cautious with them
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

I will keep using mew, as long as i do my part to keep myself in a safe place.
yeah i heard about the HOLA extension on chrome.
well, i don't have it as i dont need it.
i keep my private keys in safe and sound..
BitkoinJonny

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:58:23 PM

Of course we use it. It's the most suitable wallet for bounties because practically 90% of companies use erc20.
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:00:02 PM

until now I still use MEW, and I also have not found any obstacles using MEW. it's probably the most hacking case because of phishing from email and sometimes people do not realize that it's being redirected to a phishing site, and not really a MEW. if we ignore the email, I think we'll stay safe from the hacker. I also use key store and pasword to safe my wallet.
REYVAN

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:03:22 PM

yes MEW still credible, but if you need a simple try metamask download on you browser make it easy when login to DEX pltfrom like etherdelta, idex or forkdelta ..etc and this is very helpful in my opinion.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:03:35 PM

The day I join crypto currency mew was the only wallet I no, immediately i know of other form of wallet, I deviate from using mew currently i use imtoken, metamask and coinomi.

Since day one MEW is the only I used and up then I guess this is the only I will be using. It ain't the fault of MEW, if users are installing something not even related to MEW and that was the cause of all these, it ain't the fault of MEW. You trust a browser then then that's the users fault now. They should have been using the MEW the better way such as downloading it and use it offline.
proven and tested MEW that is why more and more this is what they may recommend also to use but always check and careful on the private key of it this is really important of here.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:05:42 PM

I use my ether wallet because it is easy to use it.
How can someone take your ethereum and tokens if you are careful?
Don't click on phishing links and don't download shit. Run antivirus and you are safe.
Ubrfeh

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

This is not the first alleged hacking, this is the usual phishing, as they were before , before you go to the wallet you need to check the site well
yavorskiy616

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:16:16 PM

Hi, I will use myetherwallet, for me a very convenient wallet, I'm not afraid that my myetherwallet will hack,
I go to the wallet once every 3 months, I do not have any extensions in chrome, I visit the site ethplorer.io more often to check the tokens.
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

These hacks already frighten me. For those who want to use mew, there is only one option. Buy a laptop, install Linux on it, create a wallet, add the mew site to your favorites and disconnect it from the Internet. There will be a kind of a cryptocurrency hardware wallet.
Lightsource

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:25:40 PM

Hopefully the hackers were not complete assholes and only took portions of the people whose accounts they compromised. But knowing the psychology of hackers, I doubt it.
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:27:35 PM

I've never had problem with MEW so far, people should understand what causes these 'hacks'.
other_slides

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:31:38 PM

MyEtherWallet has no fault in this hack. If you do not want your wallet to be hacked, do not use any extension in your browser and do not publish your wallet anywhere. Only in this case your money will be safe.
Tiklohor

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:33:08 PM

Yes, I will continue to use MEW in spite of such news. because I still think it's the best.

Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:51:28 PM

By itself, the MyEtherWallet wallet is very good and functional. However, when working with it, you must follow certain security measures. I think that it will continue to be used, since almost all the hacking takes place because of the users themselves. After such hacking, the reasons and security measures are analyzed. I now use the erherscan function to view the wallet. io, and to move the tokens I enter the private key manually, which I do not store in devices connected to the Internet.

btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:53:44 PM

The best choice now is buying a real wallet (cold wallet) and keep it in your house. But they are quite expensive, and I still not have enough coins to store in some wallets like that. So until now, MEW is still my best choice! Hope it's not been hacked anymore...
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:59:20 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

I have hola VPN plug in on my Opera browser but I did not find the any issues with using the MyEtherWallet and all my funds are safe still mate. Kindly let me know what actually you have done to loose your money on MEW wallet.
There are various people complaints that they have lost the money on this wallet but still all of them have done the mistake like entering the incorrect URL and any other maliculous functions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

By itself, the MyEtherWallet wallet is very good and functional. However, when working with it, you must follow certain security measures. I think that it will continue to be used, since almost all the hacking takes place because of the users themselves. After such hacking, the reasons and security measures are analyzed. I now use the erherscan function to view the wallet. io, and to move the tokens I enter the private key manually, which I do not store in devices connected to the Internet.
I certainly would not use my MEW purse to preserve my coin because it's really dangerous for my fortune. Now that more information is available, anyone who installs the Hola extension on Chrome for 24 hours may have been hacked into action on the MEW wallet as more and more investors are worried. I am using Metamash to protect my ERC20 wallet and a piece of my wallet hardware.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: