Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Donald Trump Answers A Question  (Read 220 times)
bitmover (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5918

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:45:30 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I discovered this old video few days ago.

It was created by a democrat, who is analyzing how Trump answered a simple question.

It is very interesting and I was very impressed with Trump's abilities.

He speaks in a very simple way and with common works. As the author of the video said, he used 220 words, and more than 170 of them were one syllable .

The guy made a nice analysis and I saw few analysis such as this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI&feature=youtu.be

This year we have presidential elections in Brazil, and we have one right wing candidate who tries to be like Trump. But he is an idiot. He fails to use his words properly and they are used against him.

Since I started used bitcointalk i am writing a lot more. Therefore I am trying to improving my writing skills. Sometimes it's very hard to make simple sentences and use simple words, as he does very naturally.

It is interesting to see at the video that he classifies trump as a 4th grade speech (based on complexity of sentences), as he uses simple sentences. And sanders was on the top as a more refined speech.
However I think it's much easier to make complex sentences than simple ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:12:30 PM

I can't open the video. Which Trump is it about - the teleprompter one, or the free-wheeling MAGA-rally one?

I'm still struggling to believe that anyone proficient in English could be impressed by Trump's words (original, not translated and not transcribed) that are not written by someone else. His way of speaking doesn't seem like an ability but more like an impediment due to limited vocabulary and generally low intelligence.

I agree on keeping it simple though. That has always been my advice to someone struggling with a foreign language.
bitmover (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5918

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:26:22 PM

Just tested video is ok. It's a video about one answer in a TV show.

Well, I think it's worth watching. As I said, it was made by a democrat and he looks impressed also. He speaks in a way that he looks dumb.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

Just tested video is ok. It's a video about one answer in a TV show.

Sorry, I didn't mean there is anything wrong with the video, I just can't open it right now due to the screwy browser I'm using.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:59:43 PM

I watched this video a while ago. It is obvious that his words are very simple when they are written on paper.
I understand why it appears that they are written by a child. It just seems like he isn't focused on constructing sentences so they sound good.
This is quite different from most politicians.

I don't think that this simplicity is a virtue nor that it helps "common" folks understand him.
I think that this way of speaking is simply different and due to it apparent lack of interest on how it sounds, it appears like they are maybe more honest or that he is focused on being correct or smart rather then what people think.
It is impossible to know however, it might be completely irrelevant to anything.

Here is few first sentences written down from an interview he recently gave about the EU being a foe.
When you read it is quite obvious that he doesn't speak like most politicians.
He obviously doesn't carefully put them together like politicians usually do.

I don't expect anything. I frankly don't expect -- I go in with very low expectations. I think that getting along with Russia is a good thing. But it's possible we won't. I think we're greatly hampered by this whole witch hunt that's going on in the United States. The Russian witch hunt. The -- the rigged situation. I watch some of the testimony, even though I'm in Europe, of Strzok.
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:11:40 AM
Merited by Astargath (1)

Trump's no-bullshit approach is why he's the president, americans got tired of democrats' cocksucking pseudo intellectualism.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: