Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin at 470!  (Read 1919 times)
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:52:33 PM

Where is it smart to buy?

Bitstamp and Coinbase, I'd say. I like Coinbase.

I'm pretty new but could someone tell me why is btc-e always a little cheaper than Coinbase? I am signed up at both but just trying to understand. Is it because one btc-e is an exchange? But what exactly makes it "cheaper"?

Yes, BTC-E is a European exchange. They usually deal in larger amounts via wire transfer from your bank. Coinbase is great for US customers as you can hook up your bank and do ACH transfers (like when you get a direct deposit of your paycheck) so while they are not technically an exchange, they buy and sell but at a small premium. It's probably the easiest place a US-based customer can get bitcoins.
alison03

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:03:23 AM

Where is it smart to buy?

Bitstamp and Coinbase, I'd say. I like Coinbase.

I'm pretty new but could someone tell me why is btc-e always a little cheaper than Coinbase? I am signed up at both but just trying to understand. Is it because one btc-e is an exchange? But what exactly makes it "cheaper"?

Yes, BTC-E is a European exchange. They usually deal in larger amounts via wire transfer from your bank. Coinbase is great for US customers as you can hook up your bank and do ACH transfers (like when you get a direct deposit of your paycheck) so while they are not technically an exchange, they buy and sell but at a small premium. It's probably the easiest place a US-based customer can get bitcoins.

Ahhh, gotcha. That makes total sense. Thank you kindly!!
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:07:58 AM

Gox doing what they do best. Absolute incompetence.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
tubbyjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:20:31 AM

They just hit 302 a bit ago, almost 5000 bitcoins within the 3 minute candle that encompasses it. I saw 1500 bitcoins gone in a single transcation.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: