Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not expect something from ICOs till btc to FLY  (Read 332 times)
miracle24

Activity: 309
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 11:36:48 PM

Icos is one of the reasons why btc is down till now. New money is not entering the market and the few left in the market, investors are cashing out to invest in the so called shifty icos.
I seriously wished they are banned for life
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:38:18 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 08:55:59 PM by yinoye

OP is on point. Most ICOs nowadays are now affected by btc price moment. Many ICOs are extending their period by weeks and are finding it difficult to achieve even soft cap. This year is not favorable for icos and cryptocurrencies in general.
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:19:59 AM

I agree with your opinion that it has happened and made as learning for the future, and keep positive thinking, better wait until the end of the year when bitcoin prices will get better
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:35:14 AM

Today we can see a lot of ICO struggling for financing, some of them even canceling or delaying. A lot of old Altcoin have seen bottom , new ones even under ico price.
When we look at the history of ICOs we notice  they start collecting money like 2016 they rise till the end of 2017 and falling in 2018 just like the btc. It is obvious they follow btc wave. So do not expect too much things from ICOs, tokens, altcoins. There is likely more than a year for  btc  to gather strength, same for ICOs.

Most likely this would be the case for most ICOs because there are also ICOs that are not affected by it and reach hardcap because their project can solve a problem that is needed in our society today or in cryptocurrencies market. Some ICOs though that has the same concept as the old ones already launch are having a hard time raising funds because some investors are not keen yet to invest as they are waiting for bitcoin price to recover. Many ICOs last year lost 90% of its value being launch when bitcoin price is high and maybe be able to recover when bitcoin recover itself.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:39:56 AM

I think so too whether this is a coincidence or indeed a plot like this, I've seen the price when ico is different from the one in exchange, I agree we do not expect too much with ico still keep it and think positive this trend will go up.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:46:22 AM

Indeed, this is how the market is doing.
Because the market is not performing well, there is no new capital in the whole market, which is the most important.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:27:25 AM

certainly, the descent of bitcoin also gives such great impact for altcoin and ICO. This makes the value of ICO into down distant and not in accordance with the expectations that a lot of people want. Indeed bitcoin down because it has become the annual time. It took one to two years to be able to make a bitcoin high rise again and become more than the previous value.
gucci belt

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:07:41 AM

Today we can see a lot of ICO struggling for financing, some of them even canceling or delaying. A lot of old Altcoin have seen bottom , new ones even under ico price.
When we look at the history of ICOs we notice  they start collecting money like 2016 they rise till the end of 2017 and falling in 2018 just like the btc. It is obvious they follow btc wave. So do not expect too much things from ICOs, tokens, altcoins. There is likely more than a year for  btc  to gather strength, same for ICOs.

In my opinion, there is no reason to expect an increase from Bitcoin when we are not in an optimistic condition.
Indeed there will always be a correlation, but Bitcoin will not rise by itself, it will depend on what we do to it.
Biasaae

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:41:01 AM

When the top coin does not produce substantial growth, or even undergoes a long correction, we begin to put expectations on ico. But unfortunately as you say, ico works effectively on the market situation. And to this day, we see a real connection between Bitcoin and all crypto. But I'm pretty sure that this year the pump will happen, so let's hope.
gawuk

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

It would be easy to refer to the Bitcoin situation for something that does not match our expectations. But I think we also have a responsibility with the current situation of Bitcoin. At least we do not wait for each other to start a new swing. It's never been an easy thing, but I think it will be easier if we do it together. And for its influence on ico, I completely agree with you.
Shikamaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:58:41 AM

I agree that this pattern will happen again in the future. But it seems there is still hope for this year. Although it may not be near the explosion last year, but I think it would be fundamental if the overall situation could rise later this year. And one way that makes it come true is to start buying.
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:05:32 AM

It is clear that the whole market follows Bitcoin. But here we are talking about the fact that when the bull market begins, many altcoins will be able to give a greater profit than Bitcoin in a percentage. So I think that now it makes sense to buy those coins that are near their bottom and just wait until the growth of the whole market begins.
Zaidaskin

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:08:10 AM

It seems like that, even I know some successful ico get hardcap difficulties in the exchange market. Of course people will see Bitcoin as a decision consideration, and unfortunately, the Bitcoin situation will always be a reference, although its influence will be greater on the older altcoin.
digitalman001

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:14:29 AM

Yes, the current market is caused by the sharp drop in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is everything, and people can't see that bitcoin rise will not get involved in the market. So look forward to the next bitcoin upgrade.
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:29:36 AM

You are very correct, nothing much will happen if the bear continues like this, let's all keep hoping and believe bull run will soon come, If btc can break 10k support level ICO's will start doing well again.
badykvik

Activity: 895

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:11:11 AM

I believe this is true because the whole crypto is affected by this and I believe that not until when the market recover and the price of coin begin to rise especially bitcoin that is when other coin and icos can begin to do better and that is the time to expect something reasonable from them.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

another way of looking at it is that the ICO hype is finally coming to an end.

it is like many other hype seasons in the history of altcoins. for a short period of time we see different types of hype which brings in a lot of money to the pumpers. this season it was ICOs, and for a short time it was forking bitcoin and before that it was something else.

the ICOs are struggling to get money because people stopped falling for their hype and stopped gambling their money with them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:35:50 AM

Far too simplistic view in there. There are many ICOs that have clearly beaten bitcoin results by x many times, so I am going to keep on looking for these investments.

foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:41:38 AM

I believe in that, because everybody is saying that 2018 is one of the worst year in order to invest into ICO projects, it is the less effective and the less profitable ever.
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:44:37 AM

I fully agree with you, except that many of the coins that have just entered the exchange show either very powerful negative dynamics or very high positive dynamics. At the same time, they are not subject to fluctuation of the course for some time due to bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: