Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial BTC now on GLBSE  (Read 3070 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 03:09:30 AM

I've started an "umbrella" company, Unofficial BTC, to help manage some of the projects I've started myself and some I'd like to help others with. Shares are now listed at GLBSE, ticker ID is UBTC, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. The main project at the moment is the upcoming convention in San Antonio. BitBrew and The Bitcoin List will (most likely) remain unaffiliated.

Still around.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 04:54:37 AM

The goal is to collect from sponsors, vendors, and exhibtors, exactly what is needed to pay for the conference. In its capacity as organizer of the event, Unofficial BTC will sell merchandise (caps, T-shirts, etc.) baring the "official" Bitcoin Convention 2012 logo - all profit will come from these sales. If all goes well, UBTC might even begin professionally planning events for other bitcoin related groups.

UBTC will also invest in other bitcoin start-up projects and businesses, focusing on the most original and innovative. I see UBTC participating in various capacities, from silent investor, to managing director with many merchants and developers.

I apologize if all the pertinent information wasn't clearly outlined and linked to. I was extremely busy today and had set a self imposed deadline for this announcement.

Still around.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:30:10 AM

Any updates?
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:22:47 AM

This is san antonio ,ca or Texas? if its CA then I might be able to attend this.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:27:01 AM

lol - faceplam; it says texas on the header... my bad
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 02:16:07 PM

Any updates?

I've been working on the convention website (http://www.bitcoinconvention2012.com/), just holding off on any announcements until I have more definite news. I should be receiving contracts from the hotel and venue today, as well as speaking to the center's audio/visual company regarding internet access for attendees and the requirements for streaming talks.

As a representative of UBTC, I've been in discussion with a few community members concerning possible partnerships that are very promising but, again, I don't want to count any chickens before they hatch.

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 03:51:06 AM

Hi edd,

I am trying to understand what this company will do. What sorts of projects will it be involved in? It promotes bitcoins?

Do you plan to profit from the Bitcoin Conference?

UBTC is the sort of company that is best described by the results of its endeavors, so keep an eye on BitcoinPrintShopWink

Still around.
memvola

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:58:25 PM

Why is the value of UBTC shares plummetting?
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 03:09:21 PM

I believe this is someone who received some shares as a gift (not from me) who is now reacting to the difficulties I've posted about concerning the March convention, which is currently one of the biggest projects under UBTC management. This is pure specualtion on my part.

Hopefully, Satoshi Superstars will restore some investor confidence.

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 02:43:18 PM

I believe this is someone who received some shares as a gift (not from me) who is now reacting to the difficulties I've posted about concerning the March convention, which is currently one of the biggest projects under UBTC management. This is pure specualtion on my part.

Hopefully, Satoshi Superstars will restore some investor confidence.

Yep, that seemed to do the trick. 900% increase in less than 24 hours.  Wink

Still around.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 07:20:35 AM

i bought in at 0.01 so thankyou seller Grin

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
memvola

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:53:12 PM

Before investing (more) seriously in this company, I would like to learn more about the details about company's involvement in various projects mentioned, particularly estimated profits and how they will be utilized/distributed. Is there a particular source that these details are being published? If not, then we could probably also make do with a rough sketch of the prospective future. Smiley
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 05:57:31 PM

Before investing (more) seriously in this company, I would like to learn more about the details about company's involvement in various projects mentioned, particularly estimated profits and how they will be utilized/distributed. Is there a particular source that these details are being published? If not, then we could probably also make do with a rough sketch of the prospective future. Smiley

I've been meaning to put together a newsletter and make it available at the UBTC site. I'll post here as soon as it's available.

Still around.
memvola

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 02:02:37 AM

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Is Unofficial BTC dead? Or is it just resting?
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 09:00:54 PM

I've been working on several projects simultaneously, about half of which fall under the UBTC umbrella. As you can imagine, it's been hard to find time to update the website for Unofficial BTC, let alone make any sort of announcements. Hopefully, over the next few days, I'll manage to give it some of the attention it deserves.

Still around.
memvola

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 12:24:37 PM

Why am I the only one who is bumping this thread? Seriously...

I know how side projects work, but we delivered the BTC to Edward and bought shares of UBTC. Now it seems GLBSE didn't even care to provide edd with shareholder information. I know there are no ill intentions here, but this is kind of disappointing to say the least.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 03:40:24 PM

Why am I the only one who is bumping this thread? Seriously...

I know how side projects work, but we delivered the BTC to Edward and bought shares of UBTC. Now it seems GLBSE didn't even care to provide edd with shareholder information. I know there are no ill intentions here, but this is kind of disappointing to say the least.

Just sent another request for shareholder info. I'll keep you posted on results, if any.

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: