Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:22:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price halved, miners leaving, is there a future for a market?  (Read 3199 times)
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:30:18 AM

Get ready for $1 bitcoins at the end of this month.

If that happens, I will instantly buy 10,000 BTC, and I won't be the only one.

Yeah I'm sure people will, there are a lot of suckers out there. 

you mean the suckers that sell their bitcoins for a dollar each?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:45:31 AM

If difficulty drops to 400k I'll be happy to sell at $1/BTC, and would continue to do so (but selling 5x as many coins).  $5 only looks good at current difficulty.

Now I'm at 4.6c/kwhr + fees, so the "free electricity" guys and Ukrainian miners can go lower and still be happy.  FPGA miners can go way lower still.

At what point do the bulls provide fresh injections of cash?  If new money doesn't keep coming we have no choice but to eventually make new lows because it's currently costing $1k/hr (or about $720k/month) at US average power rates just to run the network.  I'm sure the exchanges and other related sites have costs of their own they can't pay in BTC.  New price lows may translate to lower difficulty, which in turn would drive lower prices miners are willing to accept.

Bulls really need to step up and start propping up this pyramid, and soon.  And I don't mean by posting here, I mean by cash injection.  Once the downward spiral starts accelerating it may be too late.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:56:37 AM

If difficulty drops to 400k I'll be happy to sell at $1/BTC, and would continue to do so (but selling 5x as many coins).  $5 only looks good at current difficulty.

Now I'm at 4.6c/kwhr + fees, so the "free electricity" guys and Ukrainian miners can go lower and still be happy.  FPGA miners can go way lower still.

At what point do the bulls provide fresh injections of cash?  If new money doesn't keep coming we have no choice but to eventually make new lows because it's currently costing $1k/hr (or about $720k/month) at US average power rates just to run the network.  I'm sure the exchanges and other related sites have costs of their own they can't pay in BTC.  New price lows may translate to lower difficulty, which in turn would drive lower prices miners are willing to accept.

Bulls really need to step up and start propping up this pyramid, and soon.  And I don't mean by posting here, I mean by cash injection.  Once the downward spiral starts accelerating it may be too late.

I agree with you here.

It needs cash injection by existing bitcoin users and/or getting new people into it.

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 07:59:04 AM

I agree with you here.

It needs cash injection by existing bitcoin users and/or getting new people into it.

But wasn't bitcoin supposed to be something else then just a pyramid scheme?
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 08:51:44 AM

I'm mining, just not now. Electricity costs must be paid every month.

not to mention the lost investments that will never be recovered!

Nobody is responsible though. You, me, and everybody else got into the business by personal decision.
We have to bear risks and potential losses alone.

The price crash happened roughly at the same time as other financial instruments began losing value rapidly, even stocks and gold.
It couldn't possibly be anticipated.

Sure, mining hardware will depreciate a bit in value right now, but once difficulty drops, even a $5 btc will be worth mining.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:18:19 AM

Risk wise:

bitcoin > stock > bonds > gold

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:24:52 AM

If difficulty drops to 400k I'll be happy to sell at $1/BTC, and would continue to do so (but selling 5x as many coins).  $5 only looks good at current difficulty.

Now I'm at 4.6c/kwhr + fees, so the "free electricity" guys and Ukrainian miners can go lower and still be happy.  FPGA miners can go way lower still.

At what point do the bulls provide fresh injections of cash?  If new money doesn't keep coming we have no choice but to eventually make new lows because it's currently costing $1k/hr (or about $720k/month) at US average power rates just to run the network.  I'm sure the exchanges and other related sites have costs of their own they can't pay in BTC.  New price lows may translate to lower difficulty, which in turn would drive lower prices miners are willing to accept.

Bulls really need to step up and start propping up this pyramid, and soon.  And I don't mean by posting here, I mean by cash injection.  Once the downward spiral starts accelerating it may be too late.

You dare imply that Bitcoin is a huge pump and dump pyramid ponzi scheme and Satoshi ( artforz in disguise ) is the master puppeteer / pump+dump master and the whole thing is falling down !?!? NO WAY !!!

Get ready for $1 bitcoins at the end of this month.

If that happens, I will instantly buy 10,000 BTC, and I won't be the only one.

Yeah I'm sure people will, there are a lot of suckers out there. 

I think he means the suckers that are going to pay 10 000 USD for some fairy WOW virtual gold on your computer nobody but nerds use  Grin
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:27:46 AM

I am Satoshi.

ArtForz is ArtForz.

I thought we  had that settled Cheesy

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Troll Toll

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:29:23 AM

Quote from Nagle: Bitcoin has dropped $4 per month for 3 months now.

When Bitcoin hits $3, it will be down 90%, which is effectively dead.

Get your cash out of Mt. Gox. They might not have enough at the end.

According to this "logic" bitcoins will be worth $-2 by january.

idiot

You gotta pay
nighteyes

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 08:16:05 PM

the people who are leaving, failing or giving up are those who are short sighted seeking instant rewards from get rich quick atitude. the community will be much better off without them.

It just lowers the price of gambling for them. They will be replaced with the penny-stock yahoos who will say or do anything to control someone to pay them a higher price. The place will be overrun with trolls.And if the USD price returns, it will return the same type of knuckleheads.

However, the bitcoin network will hold up is my guess. And the one good thing is the hoarders influence should diminsh with bitcoins being circulated much more freely.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: