Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Maxcoin doing so well?  (Read 3279 times)
bitcointodayand (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

What are the reasons for it?

bitcointodayand (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

That's the simple answer. Doge and Nxt rose to the top and stayed there while others fell down, so it is important to be able to tell the difference.

Mooncoin and Vertcoin rose and stuck, but a little lower level.

Maxcoin in the top 20 on coinmarketcap six days from launch, so again I ask the same question, what are the dynamics fueling its rise.

Thank you.

Buffalosol

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

That's the simple answer. Doge and Nxt rose to the top and stayed there while others fell down, so it is important to be able to tell the difference.

Maxcoin in the top 20 on coinmarketcap six days from launch, so again I ask the same question, what are the dynamics fueling its rise.

Thank you.
Could the Dynamics be Good Marketing? The Coin Looks like a pump and dump, and the Creator is Selling it so hard. But what does he have that is different from any other Alt Coin? Nothing he has an ok base and an ok coin it will fall flat on its face eventually. MAX is just a good marketeer that likes money.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:09:42 PM

It's cliche but this time maxcoin is really a scam. He is trying to get the price up to unload his maxcoins which nobody could mine during the most unfair launch
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

What are the reasons for it?

market manipulation by those who can.. whom i don't know

why ? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FUD first & ask questions later™
Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

Guy in a TV is reason for it. People buyin it, hope it will atrract new people thanx to Keiser`s marketing.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:27:56 PM

Thank you.
Could the Dynamics be Good Marketing? The Coin Looks like a pump and dump, and the Creator is Selling it so hard. But what does he have that is different from any other Alt Coin? Nothing he has an ok base and an ok coin it will fall flat on its face eventually. MAX is just a good marketeer that likes money.

you'd prob bitch if he wasn't "selling it" lol

hate on em price goes up and mcxnow blows him non stop.. screaching on chat at lightening speed he is god incarnate..
price done gown and he's the devil again lol
and it was funny i seen no one ask who or why.. just Take my money now

i'm getting to the point now that i think all this crap needs to go down the toilet.. screw it all including bitcoin.
if allowing bitcoin means we have this disgusting altcoin scene going full of little brats with far too much money then we need to stop it.
not sure regulation will be enough.. i think this shit should maybe just be banned outright.
we don't need snotty mouth piece greedy corrupt little children with 10 or 50k or even 100k romping around the net..
i think if authorities asked me to work with them i would now.. what ever i can do to drown little rats.
hell i won't even ask for a fee / payment i will end these punks just for the fun of it. lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:32:00 PM

tons of idiots buying it because they think max will pump it, when they realize hes just a broke shill they will panic sell

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:41:43 AM

Thank you.

hate on em price goes up and mcxnow blows him non stop.. screaching on chat at lightening speed he is god incarnate..

i'm getting to the point now that i think all this crap needs to go down the toilet.. screw it all including bitcoin.
if allowing bitcoin means we have this disgusting altcoin scene going full of little brats with far too much money then we need to stop it.
not sure regulation will be enough.. i think this shit should maybe just be banned outright.
we don't need snotty mouth piece greedy corrupt little children with 10 or 50k or even 100k romping around the net..
i think if authorities asked me to work with them i would now.. what ever i can do to drown little rats.
hell i won't even ask for a fee / payment i will end these punks just for the fun of it. lol

wow who shit in your cereal? If you dont like alt coins then why the fuck are you in the sub forum?
mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:48:43 AM

he's just miserable. why drown with him
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:06:02 AM

What pisses me off is how pathetic this community is at times.

The launch of this shitcoin was unfair as hell and they instamined the fuck out of it while flipping off everyone.
YET the community, out of patheticness, decides to mine and keep the piece of shit alive anyway and now you made these fucktards rich, they pump it up, dump it on you and laugh all the way to the bank.
Ya'll motherfuckers deserve to be fooled
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:28:10 AM

What pisses me off is how pathetic this community is at times.

The launch of this shitcoin was unfair as hell and they instamined the fuck out of it while flipping off everyone.
YET the community, out of patheticness, decides to mine and keep the piece of shit alive anyway and now you made these fucktards rich, they pump it up, dump it on you and laugh all the way to the bank.
Ya'll motherfuckers deserve to be fooled

common man greed is a very powerful thing,

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

bitcointodayand (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:08:11 PM

Something special going on here.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:21:41 PM

Thank you.

Good thing nobody gives a shit what you think.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:30:41 PM

A while back I started to realise that even bad publicity is good publicity in BTC/ALTC world.

DOGE got a lot of publicity as a joke coin, not to be taken seriously. - It continues to ride high.

Quark, Frozen had infamy in their roots - always get a reaction one way or another - doing well.

MaxCoin is the epitomy of a coin born in a scream of fury - I predict it will rise and rise and rise.
Believe me - I am a Max Keiser fan and I wish that weren't the case! However as a trader I now am buying in big positions.

The coins that elicit publicity and/or emotion will fly, the ones that don't won't.

The old Alt leaders that are plodding away and not pissing anyone off (LTC, FTC, PPC) will sink further.

All IMO of course!  Smiley
bitcointodayand (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

Is it all Max Keiser?

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

A while back I started to realise that even bad publicity is good publicity in BTC/ALTC world.

DOGE got a lot of publicity as a joke coin, not to be taken seriously. - It continues to ride high.

Quark, Frozen had infamy in their roots - always get a reaction one way or another - doing well.

MaxCoin is the epitomy of a coin born in a scream of fury - I predict it will rise and rise and rise.
Believe me - I am a Max Keiser fan and I wish that weren't the case! However as a trader I now am buying in big positions.

The coins that elicit publicity and/or emotion will fly, the ones that don't won't.

The old Alt leaders that are plodding away and not pissing anyone off (LTC, FTC, PPC) will sink further.

All IMO of course!  Smiley
Yes, but not everyone looks at the speculation angle. For example, the ones that see Cyprus bail-ins and IMF peregrine ideas. I rather store to LTC (which I can use to buy real stuff here and there), then on volatile and totally virtual MAX or Doge

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:52:54 PM

snip..

Yes, but not everyone looks at the speculation angle. For example, the ones that see Cyprus bail-ins and IMF peregrine ideas. I rather store to LTC (which I can use to buy real stuff here and there), then on volatile and totally virtual MAX or Doge

I'm not sure about that. If I were fleeing from a fiat I would probably put 1/3 in a 'good' CPU coin (maybe like frozen), and 2/3rds in a couple of scrypt coins that have some further innovation over BTC (more than simply using scrypt). Maybe vertcoin and HoboNickels.

LTC seems to be on a downward track in the short/medium term - where are the fiat gateways, the mobile wallets and the merchant services?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:12:53 PM

snip..

I'm not sure about that. If I were fleeing from a fiat I would probably put 1/3 in a 'good' CPU coin (maybe like frozen), and 2/3rds in a couple of scrypt coins that have some further innovation over BTC (more than simply using scrypt). Maybe vertcoin and HoboNickels.

LTC seems to be on a downward track in the short/medium term - where are the fiat gateways, the mobile wallets and the merchant services?
BTC-e is a fiat <-> LTC gateway, I don't need a mobile wallet to store. Services, some here: http://weuselitecoins.com/, https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=7.0

However, I'm of course open to suggestions. If there's some downhill trend as you say, it's idiotic to use LTC for storage, you're 100% correct there. But where are the fiat gateways and merchant services for those other coins you mention?

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:17:08 PM

snip..

LTC is a horrible crypto community imo. How can you let a coin get to a 750 million $ market cap, effectively making many coin holders and devs rich, and then not develop infrastructure that coins 1/20th its size are almost finished with?

I agree with you though, I split my portfolio up into scrypts and CPU-minable except I emphasizes the CPU coins. They are the most ASIC resistant - essentially taking Vert's sole innovation - and sometimes have other cool features. I chose Quark to make up all of my CPU portfolio portion, and several scrypts for that side.

Producer
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: