Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:48:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visualize bitcoin transactions  (Read 731 times)
Saturnix (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:02:04 PM

Is there any website or application where I can insert the id of a bitcoin address and visually see all the transactions and movements associated?

I'd like to see that as a node graph, something like this:
http://blog.ezyang.com/img/bitcoin-mixer.png

I was about to develop something myself but that would be very time consuming. I was wondering if anyone made this already.

Also, how would you do that? You may represent btc movements in any given time using a graph, but I'd like something which can show the "flow". For example, if A has 10btc and sends 5btc to B, I'd like that, if you visualize the wallet A, you'll also see the wallet of B but also be able to understand from where those 5btc are coming from.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4658

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:06:23 PM

Is there any website or application where I can insert the id of a bitcoin address and visually see all the transactions and movements associated?

I'd like to see that as a node graph, something like this:

I was about to develop something myself but that would be very time consuming. I was wondering if anyone made this already.

Also, how would you do that? You may represent btc movements in any given time using a graph, but I'd like something which can show the "flow". For example, if A has 10btc and sends 5btc to B, I'd like that, if you visualize the wallet A, you'll also see the wallet of B but also be able to understand from where those 5btc are coming from.

I'm curious:

If a wallet has 2 addresses.
1firstAddress... with 2 unspent outputs of 1 BTC each
1secondAddress... with 1 unspent output of 1 BTC

and a transaction is created from that wallet that has 3 inputs.
Input A = 1 BTC (output that was previously sent to 1firstAddress...)
Input B = 1 BTC (output that was previously sent to 1firstAddress...)
Input C = 1 BTC (output that was previously sent to 1secondAddress...)

and that same transaction has 5 outputs.
Output 1 = 0.50 BTC to Address 1thirdAddress...
Output 2 = 1.00 BTC to Address 1fourthAddress...
Output 3 = 0.25 BTC to Address 1fifthAddress...
Output 4 = 0.50 BTC to Address 1sixthAddress...
Output 5 = 0.50 BTC to Address 1seventhAddress...

and the miner that mines the block that confirms the transaction pays out the entire coinbase output to Address 1eighthAddress...

then where is the 0.50 BTC that are sent to Address 1sixthAddress... "coming from"?

Is it 0.50 BTC from 1firstAddress? Is it 0.50 BTC from 1secondAddress?  Is it 0.25 BTC from each address?  Is it 0.33333333 from 1firstAddress... and 0.16666667 BTC from 1secondAddress...?
AltCoin555

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

https://blockchain.info/tree/113128398

Learn.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4658

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:40:57 PM

That lets you look forward from a transaction.  The OP was asking for a graph that would link both forward and backward for an entire address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: