Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000 TBX bounty for project in-utero logo.  (Read 9576 times)
caston (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 01:13:31 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2011, 04:14:08 AM by caston

Hello,

Would anyone be interested in designing a logo for Project In-Utero? I would like to offer 1000 2000 TBX.

Project In-Utero is going to be an open source community based around development of the concept of creating an artificial uterus and placenta using reprogrammed autologus stem cells and tissue engineering.
This artificial womb environment will be controlled using open source wetware (e.g. the interfacing of electronics, computers and biology)  
This environment is not intended as an artificial uterus for a zygote to develop into a foetus but rather for a fully grown and aged adult to reverse aged related damage and completely rejuvenate their body.

I would like the logo to be about 200 x 200 px like the wikipedia logo but you can change that if you think a different size will suit your design better. I would prefer in png or svg format.

I would like the logo to show an adult curled up in a foetal position inside this uterus with a placenta connected to their naval. The whole system would ideally be connected to a computer system of some type.

The project is a spin off of my major project http://www.rejuvepedia.org

and the website for project in-utero is http://www.in-utero.org

The logo will go below "coming soon" on that page above and soon I will launch the forums and wiki. The logo will be used throughout the website and forums once they are ready.

Further bounties will be announced for more artwork and even animations of the process as well as writing short stories based around a cyber/bio punk and science fiction exploration of how project in-utero will change the world.

Please hold back for now with technical questions about how this project would work. That is to be discussed once I have created the forums.

If there are multiple entries I may need to select a winning entry that will be awarded the bounty. Only the winning entry will be used on the website unless I decide to pay the bounty for more than one entry and want to use those entries. If you have any more questions about this logo design bounty please let me know.

If the logo is used on merchandise such as t-shirts that are sold for btc then I will negotiate a royalty with the artist of the logo.

thank you.

EDIT: the bounty is now 2000 TBX

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:23:11 PM

You have to give a cut-off date, otherwise how are you going to decide that you have got all the submissions?
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 03:28:57 PM

You have to give a cut-off date, otherwise how are you going to decide that you have got all the submissions?

Good point. Do you think a week will be long enough? Of course how much TBX will be worth in a week is anyone's guess. It just started trading yesterday.

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 05:12:28 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2011, 05:26:17 PM by bulanula

It just started trading yesterday.

Please enlighten us because I haven't seen an exchange so far etc. What is 1000TBX in BTC or USD ? Maybe this will be another one of the pizza for 200 000 USD moments etc.
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 05:18:02 PM

It just started trading yesterday.

Please enlighten us because I haven't seen an exchange so far etc. What is 1000TBX in BTC or USD ? Maybe this will be another one of the pizza for 200 000 USD moments etc.
[/quote]

https://btc-e.com/tbx_exchanger

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 06:23:38 PM

Good point. Do you think a week will be long enough? Of course how much TBX will be worth in a week is anyone's guess. It just started trading yesterday.

I wonder if quoting your bounty in TBX isn't going to reduce greatly the pool of potential participants.
You should consider reposting your thread in a more general category, and offer the bounty in TBX, or the equivalent in BTC at the time of the payout (so that people who did not install the TBX client can still participate and get the bounty). Actually, that's an interesting way to draw attention to TBX.

Edit : I forgot to answer the question... I think a delay of a few weeks is better : people need to notice your contest, find some free time, and work on it.
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 04:13:42 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2011, 05:24:50 AM by caston

Due to the crash last night when I was sleeping (how embarassing) the bounty is now 2000 TBX.

I'm also interested in making a t-shirt for the project. I just had a quick look at:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Clothing_and_accessories

It looks like there are at least a few companies that sell t-shirts for bitcoin. I would be interested in approaching one of these companies to ask if they
could add a t-shirt for project in-utero for their line up.

I would like it to work this way:

About 70% of the cost is the merchants cost and expenses + their profit then about 15% goes to to artist that designed the logo and 15% goes to project in-utero.

For example if the shirt is 10 BTC (just to make the math easier) the merchant gets 7 BTC and the artist gets 1.5 BTC the project in-utero gets 1.5 BTC. Of course 10 BTC is way to expensive for a t-shirt (unless maybe the design is REALLY awesome) but that's just to give you an idea. The percentages can be changed around as well to make it fairer for all parties involved. This is open to more discussion.

I might have to give an additional bounty to make the design into a t-shirt form with the artwork and website url. I also would prefer it to be on a "manufacture on order basis" e.g. if it flops I haven't paid for 100 shirts to be made.

d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 11:11:01 PM

how much is 2000 TBX worth anyways? in BTC

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2011, 06:02:24 AM

how much is 2000 TBX worth anyways? in BTC

grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:07:34 AM

Incorrect.  If you're really fast you could get around 2.8 btc for that.   If you wait a few days maybe .25BTC?

caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2011, 07:07:40 AM

I posted this the night before it crashed. Obviously if it never recovers it won't help to just keep increasing the bounty. I was hoping that it would recover and the bounty would look pretty awesome if we saw a rally on its value which is still possible. I have also asked lolcust if he is interested in entering the competition as he is a graphic designer. So far he said he is pretty busy with TBX but it would probably help give TBX value if the creator (or at least public face) of TBX was willing to work for TBX.

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 09:38:27 PM

I posted this the night before it crashed. Obviously if it never recovers it won't help to just keep increasing the bounty. I was hoping that it would recover and the bounty would look pretty awesome if we saw a rally on its value which is still possible.

Keep dreaming man !
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 12:58:46 AM

I posted this the night before it crashed. Obviously if it never recovers it won't help to just keep increasing the bounty. I was hoping that it would recover and the bounty would look pretty awesome if we saw a rally on its value which is still possible.

Keep dreaming man !

I just woke up this morning and the TBX price is rallying.

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 11:49:47 AM

Here is my work for your logo:

https://imgur.com/uMOr7

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 12:59:59 PM

Here is my work for your logo:

https://imgur.com/uMOr7

Thank you. You are the first person to enter. Check your PM.

caston (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 09:43:39 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 10:12:52 AM by caston

Please note the bounty has been awarded to Wobber. Wobber is the winner. The bounty for the logo is now closed.

The winning submission can be viewed at:

http://www.in-utero.org/

I am very happy with the result. Well done Wobber for fantastic art work. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: