Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies Against Hunger  (Read 4363 times)
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:41:09 PM

Scam?

Seems like it.
No address or personal information given, no proof of actual projects they have worked out, ...

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Against Hunger (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Hi Rmines if you read through the responses you can find certificates of registration details etc hope this helps.  I will consolidate all of this into an FAQ and put on the website.

Hi Warren Really appreciate your note back My personal linkedin profile is here,http://www.linkedin.com/in/finnpeter  but charity work is not in anyway associated with my day job. I am certainly not out to scam anyone. My goal is to leverage a non profit I am still the CEO of to give back to society. We have already started to receive donations  and I am  reaching out to volunteer field workers on distributing the funds directly and I will try to keep twitter updated.  https://twitter.com/AgainstHunger    I will get some more info out on the website. Thanks for the advice.

Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

I would like some French fries with a 350 gr t-bone steak, bloody as hell. And sauce! Lots of sauce!
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:28:16 PM

Gollum is hungry! Send us some preciousss coins!

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

all he has said is that he is in relationships with organisations.

as said before all he has shown is receipts that are old, and i mean real old.

so what is 2014's organisation?
apart from some middleman converting the bitcoin into fiat, how will the needy on the frontline benefit from actual bitcoins?
why are you even bothering with plastic cards, if people do not have phones/internet how will they exchange bitcoins for FIAT?
if the frontline people in need are supposedly meant to spend the bitcoins on whatever they need directly. have you established this supplier/shop/service is accepting bitcoin?
and what is this supplier/shop/service?
and lastly. to gain exposure of the frontline people in need and bitcoins. is the middlemen going to advertise bitcoins. or is this just your middleman effort to take a cut in the exchange process, and then feed them fiat?

come on after 14 years of pretending to be a charity you should have atleast learned how to pitch a good cause better then you have.

i am not only an investor but i do also give alot to good will too. so i know how this game is played and can spot the holes in a campaign from a mile off. please either plug up the holes and do whats needed or more people will rip into your 'charity'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Against Hunger (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:29:03 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 05:01:50 AM by Against Hunger

Franky1

If you would like this effort to be handled by a massive team with a group of executives drawing multi mllion dollar salaries I am sorry to disappoint you.  No one has ever drawn a pay cheque or even charged a personal or even business expense to the organization.   I am trying to build a charity to raise and distribute crypto currencies for the purpose of providing food for people in need using a registered non profit with the support of the Bitcoin community.

I personally believe this is a worthwhile initiative as do many people in the bitcoin community. There are multiple benefits if we are able to achieve this.

1) We help people who are less fortunate than we are.  I believe everyone understands this goal and agrees that it is "The right thing to do".
2) We can remove all of the overhead usually associated with helping people in need and we can audit this on the blockchain
3) We introduce Bitcoin into communities that have zero exposure to bitcoin or other crypto currencies today.
4) By increasing the use of Bitcoin to new communities we increase the value of the currency so investors benefit.

I do not believe bitcoins need to be converted to Fiat at any point for the purpose of purchasing food to feed people in poor nations. Some countries don't even have their own currency like Zimbabwe so bitcoin is an ideal solution and would probably make a good pilot location.

There is a discussion on another thread about how the plastic cards were to be used and I had great support from the community with ideas for other solutions on how to disperse the funds.  A possible solution looks like books of coins you tear out using BIP32 HD Wallets with BIP38 encrypted coupons to distribute the bitcoins. The bitcoins are then spent at a merchant who has a phone and the ability to process the payment.  

This is a work in progress and I said I am in the process of trying to establishing a network of "Boots on the ground "people who work directly in providing field support. My goal is to distribute the paper wallets /coins  to these people for distribution to those in need.  

If you would like to help or have a better solution I would certainly be interested in hearing it.
ABISprotocol

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

Haters gonna hate.  Remember, most people who post here will issue criticisms of the system they are participants in at the same time they are purchasing coffee with US or Canadian dollars.  Then they will go off to yoga classes.  They've never had to analyze whether or how aid should be given to others beyond maybe a few pangs of guilt when they see homeless folk on the streets.  They've never had to burn trash or toilet paper to heat their daily meal.  They've never had to scrounge for an outlet or a charge so that they can communicate and find a place to sleep, access donations, connect with friends or parents - or for that matter, broadcast to the network (bitcoin) from mobile.  

Am not going to respond to all the people who sit around griping about the system we have but can't be bothered to do something about it but suggest that Against Hunger should somehow be 'doing better.'  How about _you_ do better.  Get out there and get to work on your own initiative.

kthxbai

p.s. to Against Hunger:  Sent you pm via LinkedIn, check it

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: