Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper? Do you really believe 100% in any projects whitepaper?.  (Read 1655 times)
Olayinka225 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:46:56 AM

Have really been thinking this for a quite a while now, those whitepaper of any projects really tells us what the project all about. Are they transparent enough to have every project goals in the whitepaper. A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:54:58 AM

some time ago i would have read the whitepapers and cared about what they have written in it but last year when i started seeing these developers looking for "paper writers" i realized most of them don't even write their own whitepaper for their own project!!!
they pay someone else to write it for them and make it look good. most of them include hyped up subjects like "scaling" in their paper to just get a better pump.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
xcxcxxz52

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:32:13 AM

In the beginning, I will believe that if you are deceived then you will not believe or say that you will be more cautious. White papers can also be imitated. All things can be spent to make you believe that it is true. All can't just look at the white paper.
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:40:40 AM

Of course not, I don't 100% believe the whitepaper. As it writes in the whitepaper that, the whitepaper is just a focus and willing thing, they don't promised it will become true.

So whitepaper is just a way to justice a product, people should do other research about the project.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:43:29 AM

Of course not, they can write whatever they want in the whitepaper but you can roughly guess whether it is possible to do or not, it's not that rare to see a very ambitious whitepaper, they want to do a lot of thing and make something big but in my opinion it's not possible to do right now or with their team as they don't have the experience in the required field.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
dylanmeter

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:59:02 AM

Have really been thinking this for a quite a while now, those whitepaper of any projects really tells us what the project all about. Are they transparent enough to have every project goals in the whitepaper. A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?

Scam most a times looks like Legit. White paper can be written by any Technical Marketer, One shouldn't depend on mere written words. it should not be seen as a prove of legitimacy, or advice.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:07:31 AM

Scam most a times looks like Legit. White paper can be written by any Technical Marketer, One shouldn't depend on mere written words. it should not be seen as a prove of legitimacy, or advice.

This is definitely true but a poor whitepaper is also a definite proof of a scam ICO.
Whitepaper gives a general concept of how the token works but deciding how feasible and possible it is is upto the investors themselves.
Olayinka225 (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:31:05 AM

More so, we have also seen some projects that have a good and successful projects that follows there whitepaper infact lot's of them
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:53:09 AM

Have really been thinking this for a quite a while now, those whitepaper of any projects really tells us what the project all about. Are they transparent enough to have every project goals in the whitepaper. A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?

Base on the the topic and subject you created I understand that reading a whitepaper tells you about the project. Base on what I know and experienced yes because it is like an etinerary, a plan of the ICO itself as well as for the uploaded video about the platform. Therefore do not be afraid but just be carefull and be wise as well.

Still who really knows about those hidden agenda were the ICO hides the true work make a sentence and it does have its hidden works. Also in connection with your topic "scams" that may have a platform and a agenda to still money.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:59:43 AM

Most of the project really doing what is written on their white paper, But to be honest I usually don't read the white paper of the company, I usually check if their project really is progressing or not.
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:01:55 AM

I'm too lazy to read white paper because there is a lot of useless information. I'm looking at the team and the presence of a prototype.

Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:06:18 AM

Whitepaper is just about explaining a project.
real success will be achieved with the strength of a team and a solid community. because those two things can build a project well.
aonfons

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:15:08 AM

I still check Wp to know about the project, field, development team, ... It is still the first place I watch, of course now the Wp of the same project can be up to 70% a lot.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

To choose ICO, not only need to read the whitepaper. It is also necessary to pay attention to other nuances. But when I read the whitepaper. In large cases, I understand whether the project will be a scum or not.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

The marketing team with lack of promotion could be the cause of the failure of the ICO project. The project ICO a good but never promoting ICO project is just as useless as promotions are the most important thing to find investors.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

some time ago i would have read the whitepapers and cared about what they have written in it but last year when i started seeing these developers looking for "paper writers" i realized most of them don't even write their own whitepaper for their own project!!!
they pay someone else to write it for them and make it look good. most of them include hyped up subjects like "scaling" in their paper to just get a better pump.

One of the main reason why a certain project fails. I also noticed that in every ICO projects today, but not all, there are also quite a good team who built everything with their own including writing their own whitepaper.
Some investors nowadays didnt even care to read the white paper, instead they follow the project in social media and telegram and read the interactions between the team/dev and investors. It would be better that way so you could raise questions outright.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
eipeng

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?
First of all having a Excellent,Good,Nice Whitepaper may not indicates that it will succeed. From what i know the causes of failure are also found in whitepaper like if it's the goal attainable based on the whitepaper and What type of coin, are there any the same concept. Total coins, the fewer the better, Fundraising goal( below $50m is good) and What will happen to unsold coins.
riosakamoto

Activity: 194
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:08:18 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 10:42:03 AM by riosakamoto

Only reading whitepapers do not inform you of the credibility of a project, time will tell if a team will be able to respect and succeed in achieving the goals they put in their roadmap. Anyone can ask a 'papers writers' to write a beautiful and promising whitepaper, then, create an ERC20 token, a website and launch an ico that's one of the reasons why projects fail because from the beginning they were not created to succeed.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:24:08 AM

It all depends on the project team.Whitepaper here plays a very small role. Although basically a well-written white document almost always coincides with the success of the project.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:49:50 AM

Well you can't believe it 100% , but you can see does that project have any sense and could that project work. If don't understand it, or you are not here for long to understand how the things work, than google some websites that are watching new ICO's and ranking them. See also if you can find some thread here on this forum.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: