Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:05:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper? Do you really believe 100% in any projects whitepaper?.  (Read 1658 times)
Camster

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

I honestly don't read the white papers of any project I have invested in.  Just being real about it.  I know most will call you a complete ahole for it but from what I'm seeing the great projects fail to deliver with huge price increase and the bad projects rocket up on a hype pump.  I think there is way more interesting things to look for in a project than a white paper.
gentsy brink

Activity: 169
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:24:17 PM

personally, by looking at the whitepaper then we will know all about the project. like the concept, the token supply, and the team who handles. that way we will be able to understand about the project that will be followed. there are many reasons why the projects fail, such as the promotions that not maximal and unattractive concepts. then by looking at whitepaper, we can see everything.
_CryptoBrain

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:49:35 PM

When analyzing the ICO project, you need to pay attention not only to white paper, but also to other important factors. If you only pay attention to white paper, you can get on a project that fails.
gabagandalf

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:19:00 AM

i do not always believe whitepapers 100%, but it is already a good overview of a project. one can already use a whitepaper as an information source, but not always believe everything and do your own research to be save.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:06:54 AM

IMO nowadays it is more for us hard to believe on that, because there are lot of ICO project that seems like they just sell the whitepapper rather than the product. I cant say all the project with great whitepapper will fail, but only few of this will survive. Sometimes what I do when I invested on some ICO project is by looking how they are treating the community & how accurate their roadmap are.
bitmybit

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:20:05 AM

A whitepaper is pretty important, but it's not the end to all, that's for sure.  There are companies that businesses can hire to write their whitepapers, so no matter what, any decent company can have a good whitepaper, it doesn't really mean all that much.  Learn about the team, get a sense of whether they really have a vision and clear purpose of where they are going.  That'll be a good start.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:24:25 AM

In as much as a whitepaper is somewhat a form of guide to understanding the project itself, I don't believe in whitepapers 100%. Most projects, fail to meet up with their fancy whitepaper promises and such a thing destroys the project. I take whitepaper without a working product to show for it as a bunch of fancy promises presented on a paper.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:29:25 AM

obviously not because whitepaper can still be faked . there are also ico's that only copies other infos on other ico because they are only a scam .  but there are also legit ico's that meant to be trusted , therfor reading their whitepapers and any other important info is still verry beneficial and will help you to be more aware about the concept of thier project .
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:36:46 AM

When considering a project, I pay attention to their white paper. But I can not believe 100% on it because every project is ambitious and they find an argument to persuade investors to believe in their project. In addition to the white paper, I also pay attention to many other issues such as the actual activities of the team, the activities of the project, the reaction of the community ...
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:44:26 AM

I think, there is no need for any investor or trader to believe 100% on a whitepaper. Whitepapers are just a means of communicating the goals of the project to their prospective investors. It comes with many promises which most times don't get actualized. A 100% trust on a whitepaper can be disastrous.
Vaccaria

Activity: 39

Newb trying to act cool

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:53:20 AM

I've been looking at ICOs for a few months now, and I've always read their whitepaper. But they are not indicative of the level of success of the ICOs. However, there are some characteristics of the whitepaper that would give me reassurance and persuade me to put hope into the ICO's success, namely the details given in how the ICO will implement its features. I mean, some people didn't even explain how they would achieve whatever they are promising. I don't know if that's just to protect "company secret", but I take it as "empty promises".

Having said that, I will come out and say that I lack experiences when compared to many of the members here. I found some of the replies here interesting, too. I hope you guys can help me understand more, specifically on these:

I honestly don't read the white papers of any project I have invested in.  Just being real about it.  I know most will call you a complete ahole for it but from what I'm seeing the great projects fail to deliver with huge price increase and the bad projects rocket up on a hype pump.  I think there is way more interesting things to look for in a project than a white paper.

When analyzing the ICO project, you need to pay attention not only to white paper, but also to other important factors. If you only pay attention to white paper, you can get on a project that fails.

Hi Camster and _CryptoBrain, what other aspects of an ICO would you recommend newbie pay attention to? Also, do you have a standard of expectation for those criteria? (Maybe the team's marketing has to have 5 years of experience?)

Ponder in moderation.
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:54:28 AM

actually not 100% I believe. But at least with the whitepaper is very helpful to be able to get the information. The detailed information of a project that is of interest to us. So at the very least, the whitepaper is also one of the assessment that must be considered in choosing a project.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:13:54 PM

obviously not because whitepaper can still be faked . there are also ico's that only copies other infos on other ico because they are only a scam .  but there are also legit ico's that meant to be trusted , therfor reading their whitepapers and any other important info is still verry beneficial and will help you to be more aware about the concept of thier project .
seriously. Trusting wholly on whitepaper is like loving blindingly you get hurt when you feel the real thing and that pain never goes away. The day you discover that the beautiful whitepaper you fell for was copied or was just a plot to take money from unsuspecting persons, you will feel bad. Whitepaper to me, is not a guide for investment decisions.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:28:12 AM

I think the reason for the failure is the reluctance of the team to further develop the project, or a very narrow idea that does not receive support from

CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:35:25 AM

There are some ICOs that looks promising, some of them are fulfilling what is written on their whitepaper and the great example are those successful altcoins. On the other hand, scam ICOs are unavoidable and their whitepapers were only made by ghost writers. I don't rely much on a platform's whitepaper and only keeping my eyes on how active they are to make the project a success.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:30:10 AM

of course I want to believe, but not always that we believe it is, I rely on white paper, but still need to think that white paper can be imitated.
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:46:08 PM

The whitepaper is the key function of ICO which describe the project and future goals. Since past whitepapers are the most important thing investors are looking forward. But these days people pay less attention to them and many fake and low-quality ICOs destroys the spirit of Whitepaper. In that case, people do not pay much attention to it. Once I saw the complaint post which shows whitepaper full copy of another ICO. So these days we can put 100% trust about the whitepapers because of the scammers.
viperzero

Activity: 301

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:53:07 PM

I always read the whithpaper to understand what this project is about and what terms of its implementation. However, you should not believe everything that there is written because a lot of scam projects had a high-quality whitepaper.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:58:46 PM

I will read the white paper and analyse whether the information make sense. Of course, we can’t rely on the white paper alone to make decision whether to invest or not. I will usually ask developer questions and look out for other factors.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Aksiyon1

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:05:18 PM

Whitepaper is just the thing for you to clearly identify the idea of the project. It does not say the reliability of the project. I always read it, but I don't usually believe in it. The things you should pay attention to is the development team and their reputation, not whitepaper.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: