Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper? Do you really believe 100% in any projects whitepaper?.  (Read 1655 times)
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:10:51 PM

Not exactly. I know that a lot of us like to think that a whitepeper is a good way to determine whether or not a project will be successful. While it does give insight to a project, it cannot exactly tell whether it truly would be successful or not. This is why I cannot base my confidence solely on just a whitepaper. Most of the scams in the market these days even have more convincing whitepapers.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:20:38 PM

In the beginning, I will believe that if you are deceived then you will not believe or say that you will be more cautious. White papers can also be imitated. All things can be spent to make you believe that it is true. All can't just look at the white paper.

The white paper itself normally contains a large disclaimer. I have seen one that is 20 pages long. Most of them simply tell you that the team has no obligation to follow it.
shamzon

Activity: 192

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:45:41 PM

clarity about the perpetrators, including who will save the proceeds from the collection of investments, to whom the project must really be considered.

If project players are not known in the wider community, or they are new players who are anonymous, we can be sure the Whitepaper will be used as a fraud.
otoford66

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:51:29 PM

In the world of electronic money, you can not trust anyone or anything. Including white paper, constantly changing something. Very often many projects copy the white papers of one another and do not follow the plan described, which is contained there. This is not reliable.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

In the world of electronic money, you can not trust anyone or anything. Including white paper, constantly changing something. Very often many projects copy the white papers of one another and do not follow the plan described, which is contained there. This is not reliable.
So, now it's really often possible to see something like when different projects copy white paper to each other. This is very bad, because only crooks do it and just screw people down. You need to carefully check everything.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:50:48 PM

Have really been thinking this for a quite a while now, those whitepaper of any projects really tells us what the project all about. Are they transparent enough to have every project goals in the whitepaper. A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?
you should be aware that in a whitepaper probably never 100% everything is in it or that you can implement all the goals exactly as it was written in the whitepaper. I think so, what is in the whitepaper, but you should see it realistically and do not expect that everything will be implemented exactly the same way.
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:42:15 PM

Not 100 percent but i tend to believe them to a certain extent as the whitepaper and the quality of the whitepaper can tell you a lot of things that you need to know about a particular project. They are important, you just don't have to read the entire thing. Also projects make promises in their whitepaper all the time that they never intend to keep.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:12:15 AM

White paper is a presentation document with promises. This is not a technical document, where we can see the calculations and implementation of the project. How can one believe in promises? I think there have been a lot of examples over the past year.
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:55:27 PM

Have really been thinking this for a quite a while now, those whitepaper of any projects really tells us what the project all about. Are they transparent enough to have every project goals in the whitepaper. A lots of projects are out there with nice whitepaper but they eventually failed.  How come, what causes the failure?

I do not believe in what is written in white paper because it is beautiful words for deceiving trusting investors. You need to check the team and look at the availability of the product.
hheight

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:05:27 PM

Sometimes the whitepaper is written by people whose goal is to attract the attention of the investors just by a beautiful spelling, and the company may not even fulfill its promises.
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

When investing into a project WP is a must read for me, but it is only one of the elements I am analyzing. It helps for us to understand the essence  of the project but if there is no capable team to realize the written in the WP than it is worthless.
paramelton

Activity: 171

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:08:43 AM

Of course not. People can write in whitepaper whatever they want. You need to analyze not only whitepaper but also the team and most importantly and their previous experience. It is not necessary to have experience with cryptocurrency but check if they have successful experience with multi million projects before.
argus312

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:19:07 PM

White paper is more like an excuse to let the public take dust in your eyes and collect the fastest amount you need.
BillyBelmonte

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:39:24 PM

Of course no. WhitePaper it is the important part of ICOs Marketing and we should understand that only part of the information in WhitePaper is fully true. Sure if this ICO not a scam.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:48:22 PM

The truth is that most whitepapers promise the world and the associated projects follow this up with an unsubstantial product. There seems to be overuse of the now commonplace buzzwords such as Artificial Intelligence, Next Generation, Platform, Logistics etc, most whitepapers will include several of these buzzwords in an attempt to appeal to as many people as possible, knowing full well that their platform isn't Next Gen yet, nor will it offer any sort of A.I. Unless it's a technical whitepaper, treat everything contained within with extreme skepticism.
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:50:01 PM

No, I do not. Whitepapers might give you an insight to a project, and maybe make you understand what it all about, and how certain things are meant to be achieved, but it is never a  guarantee for the success of the project, so I do not have my complete belief and trust in them.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:37:55 AM

If the content of the whitepaper it nice and pretty good then give an overview of its contents is reasonable. but when it does not have a clear concept of content and it will be quite doubtful. communication tools like a whitepaper or resource information between projects and investors. in the absence of that I think investors will also hesitate to invest.
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:47:59 AM

If the content of the whitepaper it nice and pretty good then give an overview of its contents is reasonable. but when it does not have a clear concept of content and it will be quite doubtful. communication tools like a whitepaper or resource information between projects and investors. in the absence of that I think investors will also hesitate to invest.

If someone reads the team's project on the whitepaper, they can use that knowledge to understand the team's progress on the github. I'm sure if the project is real then they have to push their code regularly
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:52:23 AM

Yes , undoubtedly when I heard about new projects , my first job is to read their Whitepaper . The whitepaper really tells us about the project. Whitepaper should be written by very professionals.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
MUSFIKAR

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:59:50 AM

In my opinion, white books are very important to understand the quality and potential of the project, but this document cannot guarantee the success of the blockchain platform. Every project must have a good team with high-quality advisors. If these details characterize developers in a bad way, they are not included in the Whiteaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: