Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:26:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Run On AI?  (Read 268 times)
jimbo215 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:52:27 AM
Merited by d5000 (1)

In terms of AI using Bitcoin, the AI industry is pursuing Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), because it combines all AI agents in the world together, as a service, to subcontract each other for different tasks as needed, so that can adapt to learn to do any task instead of just playing chess, for instance. The AI economy is taking shape for the first time by means of artificial general intelligence

Here is a broad overview of Artificial General Intelligence from the SingularityNET team: https://public.singularitynet.io/whitepaper.pdf

So i think AGI is going to play a key role in everything we do in the future, including data integrity and money transfer, AKA Bitcoin / cryptocurrency.

I see AGI as having the best chance to be the protocol layer that will run under all other protocol layers, including Bitcoin, because AGI will use blockchain inter-operability to switch currencies between blockchains, for instance swapping ETH into BTC to optimize the outcome of a query to the AI network (AGI) to complete some task using some starting cryptocurrency, and some ending cryptocurrency, allowing the user to pay for a task to be completed (by AI agents) in the cheapest, quickest, safest, best way possible at that moment, and optimize the worlds information based on your input, as it recursively trains all the data in the world to learn against itself leveraging human data to draw inferences in information, that we would never be able to conceptualize ourselves.

Is the Bitcoin development team going to embrace the landscape of the internet as optimized by AGI in the future? Wouldn't it make sense to run the AGI protocol under the Bitcoin protocol so that the internet of things (IOT) could optimize itself via AI and use Bitcoin to transact between IOT nodes for instance?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2139

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:38:24 AM

AFAIK, bitcoin is a protocol so many application can be built on top of it. So your statement should be "will AI use bitcoin protocol?"
I think it's highly probable that AI will use bitcoin protocol like it uses internet protocol. Bitcoin for value transfer, and internet for information transfer.

Anyway AI is still in infancy, so anyone should be extremely careful with such "AGI" claim.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:56:35 AM

Nice topic, imo.

I took a glance on the Singularity Net proposal. It seems a pretty simple approach (a standard based on smart contracts), and so it's far away from what I would consider an "AGI", imo. But it's a start, and Bitcoin is surely a good complement for it.

The best candidate for a real AGI would be a synthesis between the Cyc project (a kind of semantic database) and Deep Learning - e.g. a Cyc module that does machine learning and adds/modifies data to the Cyc database. This connection between rule-based AI and statistics (neural network) AI has still not been made, as far as I know (please correct if wrong.)

For me, the interesting question is: if we had a little bit more intelligent AGI (maybe not like in sci-fi, but a better Cyc with understanding about current technology trends), would it choose Bitcoin if we gave it the chance to select a payment protocol? I think if the AGI was able to choose a protocol by indicators like security, and long-term availability, it would surely be one of the primary payment means to be considered by it. But if it chooses the protocol taking into account primarily cost, it may use a client-server service or a PoS altcoin, even if security is lower in this case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rileyhill

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

I will not completely disagree with this comment, things doesn't goes in one patten for very long,  in this recent years btch market is on its full run and I think I will increase more but risk is always available here so this kind of good situation will not last for evertime,
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:30:17 AM

Bitcoin can really run using artificial intelligence. But the risk is also high since artificial intelligence can also be prone to hacking or its program can have an error. This could be possible if the program of the Artificial Intelligence is perfect and even if we run into problems the system can assist us. If everything is perfect then I will vote for the use of the AI but if it is not then I will not risk my bitcoin and investment.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:50:22 AM

By "bitcoin" you mean the bitcoin blockchain,I guess.Bitcoin is just a tool. Grin
I think that most of the cryptocurrency exchange platforms might adopt AI,in order to increase their efficiensy and reduce some costs.This will be pretty far away in the future.The cost of AI implementation would be very big nowadays.

ClintonJ

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

There is a chance that the bitcoins may run on AI, given that they can perform the most complex tasks within minutes. It is also true that more and more people are engaging in the market and this has made the transactions a bit complicated. So, it won't be anything out of the blue, if BTC runs on AI
Caraphernalia

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:37:13 PM

Probably yes. Bitcoin is flexible and can be operated in any virtual ways, however it is not much safe if you are not the one who is operating it. AI is a good idea, but in terms of security it can be bad. Hackers can just easily manipulate AI. Humans are still better in operating bitcoins.
GilbertQuintanilla

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:25:15 PM

The usage of artificial intelligence is increasing rapidly, AI’s are developed to complete difficult tasks. It is possible the artificial intelligence can work out the complicated task of transferring money or managing the ledger of information. It would be extremely efficient if the blockchain ledger and the movement of crypto currency is managed by AI’s.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:46:26 PM

I do not think that artificial intelligence should control bitcoin as a payment system. If we let the artificial intellect control our financial relations, it seems to me the same thing, to give control over our finances to any state or financial corporation, and this contradicts the policy of crypto currency independence, bitcoin to anyone control.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:06:45 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 10:57:17 PM by hatshepsut93

1. Artificial General Intelligence is decades or ages away from now. We don't even know where to start because we don't understand the inner working of our brains.

2. Artificial General Intelligence is not some protocol layer or a piece of software, it's an intelligent being just like a human. It doesn't make any sense to discuss its integration with cryptocurrency protocols.

3. Your whitepaper is just another scam.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jerrry moor

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:44:54 PM

AI tech is going to be integrated into pretty much everything in some capacity down the road. Makes sense to think about how it could impact the blockchain. But yeah, we need to keep in mind where that tech is at right now and will be in the next 5-10 years. It's certainly not AI as sci-fi defines it yet.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:48:55 PM

I think that you guys should first focus on creating any form of AI before you start thinking about a blockchain integration. There are some decent projects outside of the crypto space for instance in the form of conversonal AI. If you're trying to create a self learning AI, you could ignore blockchain for now and simply focus on being able to make it work. If you do there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you Wink

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:54:46 PM

Bitcoin can really run using artificial intelligence. But the risk is also high since artificial intelligence can also be prone to hacking or its program can have an error. This could be possible if the program of the Artificial Intelligence is perfect and even if we run into problems the system can assist us. If everything is perfect then I will vote for the use of the AI but if it is not then I will not risk my bitcoin and investment.

To add to that further, the algorithms written for a so called "AI" are limited and before you even have AI running anything it fist needs to be trained on massive amounts of data in order to recognize patterns and trends to then calculate probabilities prior to committing to generating an outcome.  Having said that, my opinion is we're far from utilizing this technology.
actuealth

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

Bitcoin is a proven technology based on solid, well defined technical principles and mathematical operations. If it were placed on one end of the credibility scale, then AI as presently functional would necessarily be forced on the other polar opposite end.

For, AI as currently functional is nothing other than a set of algorithms, fancied up by using terms such as 'intelligent chatbot'; and, glamourised by scare-mongering that AI is so powerful, it will take away all human jobs.

When we don't know, for the most, how the human, or the general biological Central Nervous System works; what is the basis for claiming that such and such process replicates the natural process of intelligence?!

Therefore, imho, it would be undesirable to get swayed by the AI hype, and end up diluting the perfect scientific veracity and credibility of the fully empirically robust Bitcoin.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:06:51 PM

This is an awesome idea. Personally I really like AI , and incorporating it into Bitcoin will be very very dope. There is no doubt that AI is going to bring an huge development to the present world. I think it will be better to embrace it now and earlier. 
anilsaini.jaipur

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:10:23 PM

Who knows what will happen next with Bitcoin? Maybe it will or it will not but it is for sure that with AI, bitcoin will be far more advanced.
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:17:34 PM

Why not? it is really possible that bitcoin will run on any of these two techs, Artificial intelligence or the emerging artificial general intelligence. In fact, a lot of projects are emerging that are trying to build AI and AGI on the blockchain and their ideas so far seem laudable and feasible.
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:07:34 AM

I think Running Artificial Intelligence and bitcoin together are a common fit. because they are going to influence and motivate human minds to new technology that ever not been used. Artificial Intelligence is known as potential altering and bitcoin is made to disrupt the financial world, involving us to reconsider the concept of economy.
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:48:37 PM

The (Artificial Intelligence) AI industry can moderately cope up with the bitcoin. Their big transactions can be done through the crypto.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: