Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [11-07-2018] Bancor Struggles to Recover Lost Tokens  (Read 168 times)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:00:57 PM

I am having an account on Bancor, and I have struggled so hard to recover my access to it. They actually don't have the option forgot password, and when you lost your access to the telegram that you register with. It is really a battle to recover it. For now I have lost.
It looks like all access has still been shut down for the mean time until things get good but for now, it would just take some patience on your part. Nevertheless, it is a good thing that you are accepting losses already anyway so it would not hit you big eventually, or possibly you really do not have much to be worried about when it comes to losses.

I hope bancor will find a way to fix this situation and be able to trace whatever is traceable, but from where I stand, that would be a hard one to achieve.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:09:28 PM

I think to restore their reputation even if they are not able to recover or track hacked tokens they should buy them from the market and credit the bancor platform users whose tokens were stolen because platform is respo sible for the security of the clients assets.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:12:11 PM

For me is Bancor dead exchange. They declared that they are decentralized exchange and what happened to them it is because they weren´t as decentralized as they declared. So for me it is exchange which lies to the people Sad.
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:26:53 AM

It is good to know that Bancor is trying their best to recover stolen coins. Although Bancor coins are frozen, but how about the other coins such as ETH and etc? I wonder whether Bancor will pay the stolen coins back to owners.
It's quite obvious that Bancor won't be able to do much now since the ETH and PundiX have been transferred to other wallets. It is really hard to do anything if once the coins are transferred out of the exchange since the control is lost over them. I had never heard of Bancor until the hack happened.
I doubt whether Bancor is even decentralized since it is able to be compromised and able to freeze the coins.

One way for people to realize that as long as you are not in full control of your funds in your wallet, then you really are vulnerable to being hacked. There must have been some lapses in a way for the hackers to easily get in, but with the way things have been, there is need for everyone to always be extra careful so as not to be victim of all these hackers.
It is hard though to stay completely safe, but at least, better to be having full control and using a highly secured device and only move them when you just want to trade.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: