Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:30:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen after the last bitcoine is mined?  (Read 633 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:57:18 AM

Hello community. After the last bitcoin is extracted, will it become a mass payment unit in the world? Its price on crypto-exchanges will be stable? Share your thoughts, I'm very interested.
Nothing will change, miners right now get most of their profits because of the block reward but this will have to change way before the last bitcoin is mined, the plan of satoshi was that the miners maintained themselves with the fees paid by each transaction, so if bitcoin is able to make that transition smoothly then we have nothing to fear when the last bitcoin is mined.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:22:12 AM

when bitcoin is last mine and has run out of bitcoin and can't mine bitcoin anymore maybe the price of bitcoin will be very expensive because bitcoin will be very difficult to obtain.
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:24:53 AM

You shouldnt worry about that, first of all, that will happen in like 100 years because of the algorithm, second, miners will stay mining because they still get bitcoins for every transaction, so it probably will be the same. And that is really long term, not Sure if 100 years but it was really far away.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

Bitcoin will have problems with securing network way before all Bitcoins get mined. Most likely before mid of this century. How that will get tackle no one knows. Monero have great solution for it with tail emission that will kick in in 2023. So plenty of time for Bitcoin to see if Monero tail emission is bringing results and is also suitable for Bitcoin.
Most probably you have forgot about the TX fees.
In some assumptions, after ~100 years (or before the last bitcoin will be mined out), the total TX fees will be included into one block may sum-up into more than 50 BTC also (which is the original block reward). Then, why miners will go away and how bitcoin network will be unsecured ?
Yes, there will still be miners that works for transaction fee which would still generate some income however we don't know how much. This also begs the question that people who mine for bitcoin rewards are not going to stay (or at least not all of them will) when rewards are gone (it will never be technically "gone" but at least it will be very small reward) which means there will be less miners, which means slower confirmation times, and higher fee. Considering when the bitcoin reward is like this and we have problems of confirmation as it is, we really do need the lightning in order to not go crazy with fee prices and slow times.

In other perspective, there will be no possibility of mining out the last bitcoin or all 21 million bitcoins will be mined out in infinite time. Yes I mean, now one bitcoin is devised into 8 decimals and in future it may go 10 or 20 or even 100 decimal points also. It is possible with all electronic format thing.

When one satoshi is valuing one dollar then we will definitely need a new unit to divide 1 satoshi. This trend will continue until bitcoin finds a stable demand.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Joshercine

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:07:00 AM

The price of Bitcoin will go through the roof.
molla_corda

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:57:46 PM

There is a very real possibility that the production of the last Bitcoin will be associated with the need to use such technological capacities that it is unlikely to do so.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
mikhailkudig

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:56:02 PM

This is a difficult question, but I believe that bitcoin will become a full-fledged digital gold with a more stable price, which nevertheless will continue to grow further.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

Hello community. After the last bitcoin is extracted, will it become a mass payment unit in the world? Its price on crypto-exchanges will be stable? Share your thoughts, I'm very interested.

I think the conditions will not be much different from what is happening at this time, because the price of bitcoin will have provisions, namely based on the amount of supply and demand. So bitcoin supply and demand will become a separate law for the growth of its value.
herrzinfakt

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:47:43 PM

Hard to predict. Either way this may take a lot longer so I don't think we have to worry about it now but it's nice thinking about it. By the time the last one is mined I believe we will have many other coins that potentially could replace bitcoin or we may not. With the last one mined I believe the prices will keep going up.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:15:58 AM

Hard to predict. Either way this may take a lot longer so I don't think we have to worry about it now but it's nice thinking about it. By the time the last one is mined I believe we will have many other coins that potentially could replace bitcoin or we may not. With the last one mined I believe the prices will keep going up.

I believe that the price will increase even more due to the shortage in the market and the demand will increase even more so bitcoins do really have a bright future.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
axemelada

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

Experts have calculated that the last bitcoin will be mined around 2140 and,of course, we will not live up to this time, but our great-grandchildren and other relatives are likely to live in a fully digital world and most likely about some Fiat currencies, young people will not even know anything and will only be surprised at this.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:26:43 AM

Experts have calculated that the last bitcoin will be mined around 2140 and,of course, we will not live up to this time, but our great-grandchildren and other relatives are likely to live in a fully digital world and most likely about some Fiat currencies, young people will not even know anything and will only be surprised at this.

In my own opinion, after the last bitcoin has been mined, the price of cryptocurrencies are going to pump since the demand will increase and supply will decrease, that is the reason we should hold our coins even more today.

CRYPTOTEMAN

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:47:04 PM

According to forecasts, this date is not in our foreseeable future, so it is almost impossible to predict how life will develop and what impact bitcoin will have on it. I think the cryptocurrency market will be something ordinary, and the last coin will be just some symbol of the final entry of this phenomenon into everyday life.
aggeyysido

Activity: 112

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:36:00 PM

It will rise sharply in price and everyone will start selling it. My vision of this situation is this. And the cash flow will go to the altcoins.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:14:41 PM

In my own opinion, after the last bitcoin has been mined, the price of cryptocurrencies are going to pump since the demand will increase and supply will decrease, that is the reason we should hold our coins even more today.
But maybe it will took more years before the last bitcoin mined so holding should still be base on your strategy. For me, if last bitcoin mined expect the price to be on top of all and hopefully that time, cryptocurrency is now accepted around the world which makes bitcoin more valuable.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:20:18 PM

The miners will no longer be generating coins. They will only get the miners fee only as the reward. Eventually many miners might leave causing slow confirmations and higher fee. But I am quite sure better solutions will come out. We will see the price of bitcoin higher than it is today. Assuming, most people already adopted bitcoin, we might see some price stability.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MickLikeJagger

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:26:12 PM

"Bubble" #40 will begin and the value of a single bitcoin will shoot to $100K. By then people will use it to buy the latest, globally scalable cryptocurrency for micro-transactions called (name here).
BTC_ADA

Activity: 116

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:02:45 AM

If this happens, the price for a limited product on the market should soar,provided that the relevance of the currency will not disappear.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:47:02 AM

The miners will no longer be generating coins. They will only get the miners fee only as the reward. Eventually many miners might leave causing slow confirmations and higher fee. But I am quite sure better solutions will come out. We will see the price of bitcoin higher than it is today. Assuming, most people already adopted bitcoin, we might see some price stability.
hope that it really happened. I also assume that when bitcoin has reached the limit, miners may mine altcoins, and bitcoin is limited, so the price of bitcoin is higher. Hopefully the price will stabilize.
UladzimirS

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:23:51 PM

I think that the creation of a new cryptocurrency. The collapse of Bitcoin will not happen, it is a coin-start for everyone else.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: