Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DigiByte, Mintcoin, and Noblecoin Walk Into A Bar  (Read 726 times)
BaronVonBB (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:44:13 AM

Which do you go home with and why? Is there a cute little thing sitting across the bar that I didn't notice? Interested in your choices.  Grin
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

Hmm, good question.

I think Mint will go far as I think the concept is good, plus they have their own exchange which is actually decent...but I would have to say Noble as their community is just so amazing.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:22:58 PM

Mintcoin.

Why? Because of 2 really important things.

1. Fast distribution.
Fast distribution is great for a coin, it means that it is rare, that there won't be any new coins after a year like with most coins. The reason most coins have slower distribution brings us to point 2. Proof of Stake. Without PoS a fast distribution coins is bad, because when every coin is mined a 51% attack is easy to make because only a few would mine transactionfees.

2. Proof of Stake.
Oh how do I love Proof of Stake, it's a great invention, Sunny King right? Proof of Stake not only is the solution to 51%, it also makes holding coins a better option, which means there will be less selling and less supply, thus making the coin more valuable.

Now for a second place I really can't decide. I like DGB a little bit more, better name, nicer color. But I don't know the NOBL team seems really big and hard working.

But all of these coins are great, I would buy all of them.
50% Mintcoin, 25% DGB and 25% NOBL
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Hmm, good question.

I think Mint will go far as I think the concept is good, plus they have their own exchange which is actually decent...but I would have to say Noble as their community is just so amazing.

I don't think mintpal is in anyway related to mintcoin. Just a coincidence. I think they accepted mintcoin right away just because of the name.
PCJargon

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:18:22 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 03:43:03 AM by PCJargon

Mintcoin has a great distribution model. It's Green because after 5 weeks there's no more PoW, no wasted electricity. It doesn't need to fight the 51% attacks with consistent mining force.

I can only imagine what will happen to all these generic crap doge clones when summer rolls around and people can't mine all the time or need to turn their mining strength down.  Roll Eyes

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
xazure

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thanks for help! God is a ....

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:06:59 AM

Mint? oh no... It is not the same age.

Mint is too young, too naive.

DigiByte Vs USDe

Noble Vs EAC, TAC ....

= ThisWeeksCoin official forum. Register and get free coins=
 BTC: 1DwAMz2RStUGccSu3yToR8qTmWrNfc8t7W   XPM: AJT3Uwh4MhmWX2LGcsKt3bYMmpVoGiF8cU   DTC: DAzY75RbKUWxpMSUTqzRAzBBi3JfAU7gWL   PTS: PvDxuV9VvBg1WhE4ABQNRNedNNh5FSb3PS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: