Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 04:35:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Advice] Alt Mining  (Read 472 times)
Ros-In (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:44:15 AM

I have 1 pc with i3 CPU and AMD RX560 GPU, also another 1 pc with i3 CPU. I have free electricity. Okay, I need your advice about what coin to be mined. This is about my experience:
  • When I'm trying to see the web page about the mining result comparison between coins (like WhatToMine), I always confused.
    I have been test to mine ETN, SUMO, XMG, but sometimes the miner be silent (I guess the miner not responding when internet connection down and didn't continue mine when internet connection up again, not sure about this one). I prefer to mine ETN using mobile phone, SUMO using GPU and XMG using CPU. How about you?
Any better coin to mine? FYI, I always confused to modify config file both on claymore and xmr stak.
Thanks for your attention.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

Check the whattomine.com if what altcoin is more profitable to mine with your rigs since your electricity is free you can earn without paying electricity].
Try to mine etherium with your card use claymore.

try follow this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126975.0
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:49:45 PM

Check the whattomine.com if what altcoin is more profitable to mine with your rigs since your electricity is free you can earn without paying electricity].

Thanks for your advice.
I have no experince about mine eth. How about minimum payout, so how long we will get first payout from pool? Why almost all coin use xmr tittle for miner?

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:10:18 PM

Thanks for your advice.
I have no experince about mine eth. How about minimum payout,

it will depend on the pool

for ethermine, default is 1, however you can edit this by going to the settings page

so how long we will get first payout from pool?

this is also dependent on your rigs hashrates, basically in ethermine minimum payout is 0.05

Why almost all coin use xmr tittle for miner?

no not actually, its just that AMD is more advantageous to XMR which has been forked lately, and now envaded by ASICs.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:27:14 PM

check out nicehash.com  It is a good place to get your feet wet if you are a new miner.
AIO Inc
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

AIOMiner.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 03:30:15 PM

Thanks for your advice.
I have no experince about mine eth. How about minimum payout, so how long we will get first payout from pool? Why almost all coin use xmr tittle for miner?

Minimum payout will depend on the pool. I think ethermine.org probably has the lowest payout of .01eth threshold
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:48:26 PM

Thanks for your advice.

Minimum payout will depend on the pool. I think ethermine.org probably has the lowest payout of .01eth threshold

its 0.05 ether minimum payout threshold for ethermine.org

see this screencap

https://imgur.com/4b7JyTG

lightcar

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

I'm just curious how do you have free electricity?  Some one must be paying for it right?
NetopyrMan2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

I'm just curious how do you have free electricity?  Some one must be paying for it right?

company pcs? Smiley who cares Wink

... but sometimes the miner be silent ...

if you are usin windows you can check functionality just by click on that cmd window and press ENTER (if miner will run after this, you can use this guide)

right clink on cmd window top layer and click on properties
then uncheck:
- Quick edit mode
- Insert mode

OK, done

edited: its just happend sometimes
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

Thanks for reply for pool and min payout. I'm currently mining at mininghubpool. Should I move to other pool?

no not actually, its just that AMD is more advantageous to XMR which has been forked lately, and now envaded by ASICs.

Oh I see. I just see that I always use xmr-stak to mine using GPU

I'm just curious how do you have free electricity?  Some one must be paying for it right?

Yes, someone paying, but not me.

company pcs? Smiley who cares Wink

if you are usin windows you can check functionality just by click on that cmd window and press ENTER (if miner will run after this, you can use this guide)

right clink on cmd window top layer and click on properties
then uncheck:
- Quick edit mode
- Insert mode

OK, done

edited: its just happend sometimes

When my company can't provide me a pc to work at the office, then I have to get free electricity, lol.

Okay, I'll try that when it happen, I hope not happen.

Kstin

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

XDNA - Most innovative cryptocurrency in 2018

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:28:46 PM

with only 1 card better will be to choose any super new perspective coin and silency mine it and believe in big profin in future. Mining zec/etc/eth in not profitable because of asics
right now i'm mining RavenCoin and XDNA

abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2262

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 12:32:28 PM

For your AMD RX560 GPU, you should check this out https://www.cryptunit.com/

The facts that you had the electricity bills for a free, you'll be to able to found a lot of coins with a huge profit for sure.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

For your AMD RX560 GPU, you should check this out https://www.cryptunit.com/

The facts that you had the electricity bills for a free, you'll be to able to found a lot of coins with a huge profit for sure.

A nice page. Thanks. But, to mine that coin, am I need desktop wallet or i can use exchanger wallet or it depends on the pool?

abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2262

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:52:53 PM

A nice page. Thanks. But, to mine that coin, am I need desktop wallet or i can use exchanger wallet or it depends on the pool?

If you have a plan using exchange wallet visit this pool https://miner.rocks/ or another similar pool. This pool allows you to mine directly to an exchange wallet. In order to do that, you need to ensure the exchanges accepts multiple deposits or you can change the payment threshold setup, to avoid tons of multiple deposits within the day.

And you can use a general wallet as well, just pick the one that suits you.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:50:22 AM

If you have a plan using exchange wallet visit this pool https://miner.rocks/ or another similar pool. This pool allows you to mine directly to an exchange wallet. In order to do that, you need to ensure the exchanges accepts multiple deposits or you can change the payment threshold setup, to avoid tons of multiple deposits within the day.

And you can use a general wallet as well, just pick the one that suits you.

I'm little confused, lol
------------

Can I set the GPU work percentage? What is the performance when I open site like youtube while mining? I'm currently mining using claymore.

shater

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:24:52 AM

whattomine.com is a good reference. However, keep in mind that the data on it is wrong some times. I suggest you write a little Excel worksheet to calculate what's the best for you to mine. It's really not that difficult to make an Excel macro for this.

Grin
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:21:16 AM

whattomine.com is a good reference. However, keep in mind that the data on it is wrong some times. I suggest you write a little Excel worksheet to calculate what's the best for you to mine. It's really not that difficult to make an Excel macro for this.

Grin

So, I have to do test by myself and record the result, right?

You can do it, in Claymore it has features to customize as you want such as Fan, Clock etc.

What setting to add to decrease GPU performance? I don't want to pause miner when I do working (most of them browsing). At start.bat or config.txt. What is different setting for AMD and NVidia? I bought gtx 1050 Ti yesterday and rx 560 is my previous GPU.

it doesn't matter but depends on your internet connection

So, we need faster internet connection to mine? How much minimum internet speed to mine only?

vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 02:17:45 PM

you don't need faster connection to mine. Regular xdsl speeds are enough.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

you don't need faster connection to mine. Regular xdsl speeds are enough.

Okay, maybe not too fast internet connection, but must be stable.

How about mix AMD RX560 and NVidia GTX1050Ti in one PC? What motherboard I need?

Ros-In (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:34:00 AM

You can do it, in Claymore it has features to customize as you want such as Fan, Clock etc.
What setting to add to decrease GPU performance? I don't want to pause miner when I do working (most of them browsing). At start.bat or config.txt. What is different setting for AMD and NVidia? I bought gtx 1050 Ti yesterday and rx 560 is my previous GPU.
Jump to this thread for more information:
Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.9 (Windows/Linux)

How about mix AMD RX560 and NVidia GTX1050Ti in one PC? What motherboard I need?
it makes sense

What motherboard I need?
ASROCK PRO BTC, BIOSTAR TB250-BTC.
The point is as long as the motherboard has PCIex1 and PCIex16 can be used.

Thanks for your direction. I will buy ASROCK then.

How to calculate electric power every GPU? How much power (Watt) need to run every GPU?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: