Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes listing of coins so high  (Read 188 times)
popsywura (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

I was understudying the development of coins from initial stage to the point of listing to an exchanges. I found out that most of the top exchanges list coins in an exorbitant prices in millions of dollars for a coin to be listed. So I was curious to really know why the high in price and will this  not be the reasons why so many coins die off in their ICO stages. After ICO you hardly hear any news about so many of them.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

With shitcoins coming from all over the place, I believe that it's reasonable from exchanges to set high fees to avoid spam requests. And no, this is not the reason why coins are dying. These ICOs are screwing up because they are a scam and they failing to deliver one time after the other because If we look at it from the money perspective, ICOs have millions of dollars and yet, don 't want to invest in decent exchanges so there is no one to blame except themselves.

We should not exagerate though, I believe the exchange that require the highest listing fee is Binance with $ 1M. If you want for your coin to be listed in other exchanges (mostly the decentralized ones), you could pay much less.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:19:18 PM

I was understudying the development of coins from initial stage to the point of listing to an exchanges. I found out that most of the top exchanges list coins in an exorbitant prices in millions of dollars for a coin to be listed. So I was curious to really know why the high in price and will this  not be the reasons why so many coins die off in their ICO stages. After ICO you hardly hear any news about so many of them.
Exchanges charge exorbitant fees because they can. If you have a large base of users having them invest can cause the price of the coin to rise. The reasons coins die is that the people behind the project do a poor job of executing their plan or communicating what the project is doing. The choice of exchange listing can have a lot of influence on the short term price right after the ICO, but it is executing a well thought out business plan that adds long term value.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

It's the law of supply and demand, there are many new coins and tokens that wish to be listed on exchanges and exchanges take advantage of the situation, especially those with a greater number of users and in which there is a higher trading volume. Anyway, there are other exchanges that are less popular where it's cheaper to list a coin or a token, it's a question of evaluating the possibilities.
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:34:58 PM

Probably because many exchanges do not want to if they record projects that do not really have a good purpose. therefore they require a project to pay dearly if they want to be registered in the exchange. and not all new projects can be listed on the favorite exchanges. because the cost is expensive, then we will know which projects are really developing and just a scam project.
bajindul88

Activity: 303
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:04:11 PM

Interesting topics to be discussed never before reviewed, projects that died during ICO and after ICO usually have bad teams, bad management, bad concepts, chaotic Funding, so it can't compete with other big projects that are more promising and prospective for the future. it's good if you want to choose a project for you invest choose reasonable and unambiguous
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:28:16 PM

IMO, those exchanges that charge such a high listing fees have huge trading volume. In order to have such trading volume, money has to be spent in marketing and acquiring new traders. So it is reasonable to charge such high listing fees for top notch exchanges.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

joeflicker

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:22:32 PM

The coins that you have found in on the top listing marketprice is the most popular coins all over the world which have the better marketing strategies, projects, and besides off the ico that was intialized is not knowing the future yet unless you get the good news or information about the project. Also depends on the market the higher demands might affect the coins growth.
huhhuh18

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:34:26 PM

Well they claim that is a way to reduce the number of poorly performing coins going on such platforms. Other than that, any top class exchange will list any coin and since people trust them as top-class ecchanges, scammers may use that to list any coin there just for the purpose of getting more investors and then dump on them. So if you don't have the money to pay, don't bother them (that's how it is now).

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:37:35 PM

I do not think that any exchange charges in millions for just listing, the trend has changed now it is more community and voting based, even the exchanges that charge for listing take 1-5 btc as fee, as far as i know, millions is very exaggerated term.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:47:49 PM

1. Attraction for their coin - if there's a good volume to that exchange and has a lot of traders their coin will never be dead so they are willing to pay that high just to be listed.
2. Before when these exchanges aren't so popular, they are listing the early ones almost for free and by doing nothing but due to the flow of users and traders, it's all about business matters.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:03:35 PM

There are a few top quality exchanges that charge something in the region of million dollars to list tokens. You will see only genuine ICO projects try to list their token on those exchanges. Since there are so many shit ICOs with their shit coins with large community these days, they try to influence their community to vote for them on shit exchanges too. Most of the scam or shit ICOs launch huge airdrop to boost their community and since their end products are actually nada, when their exit time comes they influence their community to participate in various exchanges listing vote. Once those shit coins get listed on those cheap exchanges these coins die a few days later since the influence of those coins respective projects are nothing but lies. So I'd say when a top exchange ask for more than a million dollars for listing fee is actually helping ICO projects to be better with their work, products and in a larger way more serious investors recognise these projects.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:30:24 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 10:09:01 PM by orkoso

Clearly the exchanges provide high visibility and liquidity and that is integral to the value of a token, since a top exchange will actually give that easy of buy and sell. That happens even with the traditional company shares and stocks, the price is very linked to what exchanges list them, for example the same share can increase up to two fold just because it is in the NASDAQ index. Of course, the exchanges are going to take as much advantage as possible from this, after all they are making a nice contribution to the value.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:54:26 PM

If you talk about ICOs I think they could always spend a part of their raised money to list their shitcoin on an exchange. However there are coins that are created to be fair from the start, which means no pre-mine, no developers fees, no private or public sell. Just a blockchain and mining to release rewards with equal rules for all miners. What happens to coins of this type if all you need to be listed is money?
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:50:10 PM
Merited by cryptowolfsu (1)

The reason that listing is so high as Exchanges asks for high listing fees . They ask so much as they can and  as they are in that position. They want  part of the ICO money . For example Binance listing fee is $1million.
By the way Binance has made more profit last year than Deutsche bank over $1 billion. So, short answer is -profit.

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

The reason that listing is so high as Exchanges asks for high listing fees . They ask so much as they can and  as they are in that position. They want  part of the ICO money . For example Binance listing fee is $1million.
By the way Binance has made more profit last year than Deutsche bank over $1 billion. So, short answer is -profit.

Yeah even smaller exchanges at the peak at the end of 2017 were charging a lot. Crytopia for example charged 200k. Even today Cryptobridge charges 1 BTC, which is about 8k. And some of these exchanges had a real problems with keeping up with demand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: