Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:45:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum the closest coin that can be compared to Bitcoin?  (Read 349 times)
kere hore

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:54:07 AM

I think yes because now Ethereum and Bitcoin are contradictory and so both coins are also in comparison but they have similarities and have blockchain technology so that some of them often compare bitcoin and Ethereum about price issues because Ethereum has good growth and can back to the original price quickly and differently from bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlakeMye

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:06:53 PM

You cannot compare Bitcoin with ethereum. They are completely different and have different positions in the market. But they both are the most potential coins in the market.
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:09:56 PM

By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
I believe that this coin is very much overrated and has high hopes for it, but it is highly overrated. I believe that everyone should pay attention to the coin Waves and XEM\NEM
Hendramuliadi

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

I see the same thing, that is Ethereum has a similarity platform like bitcoin, in all aspects. which distinguishes it is price. ethereum is cheaper than Bitcoin. so if you want to buy Bitcoin, then just as you buy Ethereum.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:30:35 PM

I will say to an extent, Ethereum is the second world most popular and useful platform and coin, it is the second in the con market cap and it has trading in almost all in the coin in different exchanges,
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:41:36 PM

I think so. If we are going to take a look on how this altcoin is working fine in the market we can see that truly ethereum is the altcoin that is next to bitcoin. The platform of ethereum is what the others are using because of its simplicity and and user friendly. This thing is the biggest help of ethereum itself to become more and more strong in the crypto world.
close up

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:45:32 PM

By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
If i can say, Ethereum is just the brother of Bitcoin, which can make a great movement against the cryptocurrency world. In the other words, Ethereum helps Bitcoin to expand in all country.
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:47:19 PM

bitcoin is certainly the coolest, but if we talk about the blockchain, Ethereum is much better than the blockchain, faster and safer, how many new platforms come out on the ERC 20, in my opinion, Ethereum should be the number 1 coin
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:48:49 PM

Everything is compared to Bitcoin,,, but that is only because everything else is classified as cryptocurrency, even if they are not really. Ether, for example, is supposed to be the fuel for transactions and smart contracts, but everyone is also using it as a method of payment. You can argue then that these tokens are not used for original purpose, unlike Bitcoin which truly is.

True comparisons for me? Monero, Litecoin. All specifically for payment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:49:04 PM

I gonna agree that ethereum is the next to bitcoin when talking about trades at all time mate,  the second is eth because many of us uses eth many purposes like buying in some ico and also to be trade. And as what i seen in the future of eth is that,  it can have the strength to be back at its all time high soon
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:49:12 PM

Yes, you are right to say that ETH is the next to BTC if you compare marketcap. Most of the time, ETH is ranked 2nd in marketcap. However, BTC and ETH are created for different purposes.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:51:05 PM

they are some differencies bietween bitcoin and ethereum.
Ethereum is focusing on tokens ecosystem and algorithm is different then bitcoin.
Smart contract feature is really nice so in my opinion ethereum is more powerfull then bitcoin.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:53:10 PM

As far as I know, yes.
Ethereum is the only one worthy as the next bitcoin at this moment. I am not sure if tomorrow we can see another alt that will soar high to overtake ethereum at top two. There are also good and very potential coins in crypto. Well, I hope that ethereum will maintain its good standing in order to  remain as the leading alt of altcoins.
aurelino

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:53:43 PM

We can not predict what will happen with ethereum and bitcoin all the more likely to happen, given the persistence of ethereum and bitcoin amidst unstable world altcoin prices but eth and bitcoin remain the choice of many for long-term investment, both of which have good names and roles in the eyes of digital asset lovers. which I certainly only know that Bitcoin will still dominate the digital currency amid many other competitors.
gayan7788

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:55:15 PM

i think is not real,bitcoin in king of crypto world,eth is best and this price not up to btc
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:04:23 PM

Bitcoin is the most popular and reliable coin. It is the oldest coin in this market. Ethereum is relatively new in comparison to bitcoin. Eth is also doing very good in the market and it is considered to be second currency in the market. Bitcoin is in the first but eth needs more time to be a close competitor of the bitcoin.
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:39:25 PM

The next best crypto currency is ETH. This coin has equally good fame and buzz in the market. But it is a little less popular than bitcoins. Then again, this coin is the next best alternative of bitcoins. Even with this terrible state in the market, ETH is still popular.
ok bozz

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:04:39 PM

of course ethereum is very close to bitcoin. because the first rank after bitcoin is ethereum but that does not mean that ethhereum almost matches the bitcoin price. which I feel for now, ethereum will reach the first rank when bitcoin still has not improved as it is now. we better do the profit now while always looking at the market.
klasik1980

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:13:11 PM

Is the lion better than a shark? Why or why not?

It depends on how do you compare them and what do you want to use them for. Ethereum is better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin is better than Ethereum at the same time.

They’ve made several completely different design choices and as with every choice it opens some oportunities and closes dosens of others.

I would highlight a couple of main differences:

Purpose

Bitcoin is a currency
Ethereum is a platform for running decentralized apps (aka smart contracts)

Supply

Bitcoin is deflational
The overall amount of BTC ever produced is limited
Ethereum is inflational
The ETH supply in unlimited

Security

Bitcoin is simple and limited
The built-in language is stask-based and stateless
That’s why you can not express a loop and it’s not Turing-complete (this means, that there are some programs, that are impossible to write)
Ethereum has a rich programming language built-in
The built-in language is Turing-complete (this means that you can code anything you want)
More complexity implies more opportunities to make an error

Adoption

Bitcoin has a first move advantage
My mom knows what Bitcoin is
The community is a lot bigger
It’s easier to get started
Ethereum is less known and younger
It uses “move fast and break things” motto
It learned from Bitcoin and fixed a couple of issues in it’s design
The community is smaller and therefore has more developers than speculators

To sum up:

They’re not competitors
They coexist and solve different types of problems
bloodmoongreen

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:16:58 PM

There are a lot of comparisons of these currencies , but they are different. But Moni can easily compete with each other.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: