Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum the closest coin that can be compared to Bitcoin?  (Read 349 times)
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:35:22 PM

Even though this is like you said at the moment, ETH should not be so tight in comparison with BTC if you ask me. ETH has a totally different platform with many cool tools which BTC could not provide. It was the first serious platform with programmable tokens, multi-sig is great as well. On the other hand, as the market is not very big and ETH does not have the biggest influence out there, it is okay to have some kind of currency that can be like an older brother to it. ETH will have to grow up and live by itself eventually, but this will take some time at first  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:46:41 PM

There is no doubt about that. If there is an altcoin that can give bitcoin a better competition then Ethereum is the closest. Even though I doubt if it will ever catch up with bitcoin but if an altcoin stands that chance then I will point at ETH.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Rocktop044

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:49:42 PM

In terms of market cap, Ethereum is no round the next after BTC.
I don't think it would surpass bitcoin at any point.
There is still large gap between them.
They also have different use cases, Ethereum has more applications.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:51:54 PM

By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
I think that bitcoin and etherum work like gold and fiat, bitcoin has a high value and worth holding to make profit similar to gold and ethereum has many practical uses like fiat, the development that has been made in the ethereum and tthe number of interesting projects that it supports proves that ethereum is probably the best cryptocurrency to invest in after the bitcoin, because I think that ethereum might become the currency of tomorrow.
alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:56:18 PM

These are two completely different crypto-currencies, this is just like comparing the dollar and the Japanese JPY, the essence is one, and the result is different.
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 09:01:39 PM

The blockchain is working for more than 3 years averaging 700K daily transactions... Plus several new coins are using a ERC20 token on the ethereum network

christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Looking at the blockchain ETH and BTC are closet coin but they can't be compare with one another.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:21:40 PM

Yes, ethereum has got the potential to have a comparison with bitcoin. When I came to know about ethereum it was around $6 and in small time period it has reached a much higher value. Similar to the ethereum is the bitcoin which grew from the low bottom to a much increased value. Now both altogether contribute to the majority of the marketcap of the entire cryptocurrency network.
AshikurRahmanKhan16
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:24:41 PM

Ethereum is a very good coin with some great features. After bitcoin, if you want to mention another coin's name then most of the answer will be the Ethereum. So, It is the second coin of the cryptocurrency platform. If bitcoin is the king of the crypto market then Ethereum is the Queen in these terms. But sorry, you can't compare ETH to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the uncomparable coin. No any other coins can't replace the bitcoin.
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

Nope, we can't compare these two network. Both of them have own idea and functions, Ethereum is more platform for ICOs and innovative projects, but Bitcoin is the store of value.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:40:53 PM

By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
It is not, closest to bitcoin is litecoin, ethereum isn't coin at all it is platform. Many newbies here can't see big difference between ethereum and bitcoin, while idea behind bitcoin is payment method to avoid banking system, idea behind ethereum is smart contract, without ICO's ethereum will die.
Cryptogladys

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:43:36 PM

Grin Grin Grin not even comparable to Bitcoin! hahahah.
as a pure decentralised cryptocurrency Bitcoin is the best, is the king, is the only one! and will be always like this!
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:53:46 PM

Ether is a very good coin but the creators of ethereum doesn't create ethereum to compete or to be compared with bitcoin, they build ethereum for smart contract, so the both coins serves their individual needs.
emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:59:56 PM

For me, yes it is. In my own perspective, ethereum is the 2nd most valuable coin that is next to bitcoin. As we can see ethereum also had the capabilities to multiply your money.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: