Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD][NUMERARE]  (Read 1039 times)
NUMERARE (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:06:21 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 04:25:12 PM by NUMERARE

NUMERARE can be back soon with new announce soon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sn000py

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

Res - POOL.YT
3dyx

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

https://twilight-coin.io/

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

Reserved. What is the target for market exchange listing. Thank you

NUMERARE (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:09:29 PM

Reserved. What is the target for market exchange listing. Thank you

Listings are next on our road map which can be found at https://numerare.org/. Please note as this isn't going to require the time of the development team are going to look at other parts of the road map at the same time so other sections may be completed sooner than the listing itself. To keep up with the transparency we are going to provide all updates on the Discord channel (https://discord.gg/qg89krU), Numerare website (https://numerare.org/) and here in the BitCoinTalk forum.

grim_jack

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:31 AM

New? Seriously?

You're already mined 70k + blocks, there's nothing new about this chain, just bagholders looking to dump  Grin
nizzuu

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency enthusiast

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:42:36 AM

You're already mined 70k + blocks

What do you mean? Huh I'm a regular miner who had started mining about a month ago (a little bit earlier I think) with a single i5-4590 CPU, and I got 1500+ blocks since that time. I'm still getting blocks in solo.
NUMERARE (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

New? Seriously?

You're already mined 70k + blocks, there's nothing new about this chain, just bagholders looking to dump  Grin

As mentioned previously, there has been a fair bit of testing as the set up is fairly bespoke and we didn't want to release something to the public that would encounter issues. The problem we had with trying to test within a test environment was that there wasn't enough users willing to put time and effort into something where the end result was a reset. Due to this it was decided once we got to a certain stage, we would continue with the testing through main net.

If you read the post you would see that we have things set up for the next 10 years, we aren't dumping anything at any point, we aim to be here for some time to come. I would like to take this time to thank you for your honesty though. If one person mentions something to us, then it's a given that there are a load of others that are thinking it but not saying anything. Is there anything else you are concerned about in relation to Numerare?

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:21:52 PM

Infinite supply, bold claims of "things set up for the next 10 years", no whitepaper...

Good bye!
Cheesy
mahof

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:45:38 PM

considering mining but 70k blocks already mined why should i mine this coin?
NUMERARE (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:12:30 PM

Infinite supply, bold claims of "things set up for the next 10 years", no whitepaper...

Good bye!
Cheesy

Thanks for your input. Please note that as per the original post, we have a site which specifies a few things that we have in the making, all of which can be found on the website (https://numerare.org/). The main developments are provided on the road map section which should provide you with an overall understanding of what it is that we are trying to develop, etc.

As for the whitepaper, this is something that is still being worked on. As you can imagine there is going to be a fair bit of information due to the customisation for Numerare. Due to this we felt it was better to have the coin readily available and announced to the public rather than keep on testing with an internal group of public users on Discord and all people that readily discovered it through GitHub. As you can imagine, people are already surprised that there has been a 70k blocks mined, leaving it later to get a whitepaper available doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things.

If you do change your mind (and we hope you do), you know where we are, but thank you again for your input, providing constructive criticism and I hope we have managed to answer your concerns.

considering mining but 70k blocks already mined why should i mine this coin?

Good question! From a simple how much you will be able to mine point, at the moment the difficulty isn't, well, difficult. At the moment we have 3 mining pools set up that are our own which are readily available for people to use as well. As Grim_Jack mentioned in a previous quote, they is still mining now and happily generating enough blocks to continue. If you would like to even test it, please feel free to stop by our Discord channel (https://discord.gg/qg89krU) and we will be glad to assist.

One a side note, mining pools. We haven't developed the necessary tools to be able to allow people to apply their own pools for a few reasons, mainly because we are making sure that there aren't any transaction fees as well as a few other things. This is currently a work in progress and will be announced as soon as it is ready.
JustcallmeCardinal

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:16:06 PM

What meant - no fees - wallet to wallet? Wallet to exchange?
NUMERARE (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

Thanks for stopping by! The no fees are related to wallet to wallet. At the moment we aren't on an exchange but this is going to be changing. When it comes to the interaction with the exchange, this is something we don't have much say in, the exchange will have their standard brokerage fees based on their own terms and conditions.

I hope this answers your question, if there is anything else though, please feel free to let us know and we will be sure to answer.
dragonmike

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:01:13 PM

Good bye!
Cheesy

Thanks for your input. Please note that as per the original post, we have a site which specifies a few things that we have in the making, all of which can be found on the website (https://numerare.org/). The main developments are provided on the road map section which should provide you with an overall understanding of what it is that we are trying to develop, etc.

As for the whitepaper, this is something that is still being worked on. As you can imagine there is going to be a fair bit of information due to the customisation for Numerare. Due to this we felt it was better to have the coin readily available and announced to the public rather than keep on testing with an internal group of public users on Discord and all people that readily discovered it through GitHub. As you can imagine, people are already surprised that there has been a 70k blocks mined, leaving it later to get a whitepaper available doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things.

If you do change your mind (and we hope you do), you know where we are, but thank you again for your input, providing constructive criticism and I hope we have managed to answer your concerns. Pathetic.

Thank you for your smartass comments.
Your website has nothing. Absolutely nothing. The "few things that we have in the making" statement is painfully boring. You could at least have tried to bring something original.
You do not have a whitepaper. Again you didn't even bother. At least other coins plagiarise something to make it look like they've done some work.

"people are already surprised that there has been a 70k blocks mined" - I don't think anyone's surprised at premines at this stage.

And finally, I'll leave it to the sensible people in there to judge whether you didn't even know there was already a coin named almost exactly like yours or if you just plainly stole it on purpose.

Very disappointing.
Next you'll be thanking the "great project! I shall invest for I believe your coin has great future!"-bots on newbie accounts for their positive contribution and constructive comments.
NUMERARE (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:24:42 PM

Good bye!
Cheesy

If you do change your mind (and we hope you do), you know where we are, but thank you again for your input, providing constructive criticism and I hope we have managed to answer your concerns. Pathetic.

Your website has nothing. Absolutely nothing. The "few things that we have in the making" statement is painfully boring. You could at least have tried to bring something original.
You do not have a whitepaper. Again you didn't even bother. At least other coins plagiarise something to make it look like they've done some work.

"people are already surprised that there has been a 70k blocks mined" - I don't think anyone's surprised at premines at this stage.

And finally, I'll leave it to the sensible people in there to judge whether you didn't even know there was already a coin named almost exactly like yours or if you just plainly stole it on purpose.

Very disappointing.
Next you'll be thanking the "great project! I shall invest for I believe your coin has great future!"-bots on newbie accounts for their positive contribution and constructive comments.

I don't quite understand what you are referring to as "smartass comments" to be honest, everything I have stated in my response isn't trying to be anything other than factual without the need for sarcasm or any other form of unprofessional manner.

It was previously mentioned that we don't have a whitepaper, but thank you for confirming again that which has already been stated. But honestly, why would I want to plagiarise something? The whole point is that we are doing our thing, how we want and believe it should be. If plagiarism is the way you would do something then that's fine for you, but isn't what I would call the correct way to approach this conversation or any part of the Numerare project. Sorry, it just isn't us.

As for the not being surprised, I think you are just nit picking at all things mentioned instead of focusing on your actual issues here. If you haven't noticed, this has already been raised and a few people mentioned it within our Discord channel etc. This is one of the reasons why I brought it up, that and I thought it was relevant to the reason why we pushed Numerare out as soon as possible rather than prolonging things, which I don't feel I need to repeat myself again.

The naming convention of the coin was decided when this project was nothing more than 2 people talking about the conception of the project itself. As the main developer of the project is Italian it was decided that he would be the person to determine the name of the project. For this point I refer you to the wiki page for Numerare 'https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/numerare'. I am sure you will agree that there isn't anything wrong with the name itself and at the point of the decision it wasn't realised there was another coin of a similar name. As it goes this is a complete coincidence but either way, I don't see how this is relevant to the original discussion, you are once again just nit picking on something.

I am glad you feel passionately enough to actually display your concerns on this, I really am. As a team I will say that collectively we are sorry if any of the thoughts you have arrived to based on our project have somehow caused you discomfort or anger. We also apologise for being disappointing in your eyes but I feel there isn't much more we can do for you here.

I wish you all the best in everything and please, if there is anything else, feel free to get in touch at any time, either here or on our Discord channel 'https://discord.gg/qg89krU'

Regards,

Team Numerare.
poplar1987

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:41:35 PM

I am really interested in this coin, and the pool in the node is very novel.
Davidwu

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:08:51 AM

Grin This coin is very optimistic
JustcallmeCardinal

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:46:11 PM

Thanks for stopping by! The no fees are related to wallet to wallet. At the moment we aren't on an exchange but this is going to be changing. When it comes to the interaction with the exchange, this is something we don't have much say in, the exchange will have their standard brokerage fees based on their own terms and conditions.

I hope this answers your question, if there is anything else though, please feel free to let us know and we will be sure to answer.

Thank you for kind and fast response!
instantbitex

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:32:21 AM

Hi when you are ready for markets contact us instantbitex.com exchange
dragonmike

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:56:36 AM

Good bye!
Cheesy

Very disappointing.

I don't quite understand what you are referring to as "smartass comments" to be honest, everything I have stated in my response isn't trying to be anything other than factual without the need for sarcasm or any other form of unprofessional manner.

It was previously mentioned that we don't have a whitepaper, but thank you for confirming again that which has already been stated. But honestly, why would I want to plagiarise something? The whole point is that we are doing our thing, how we want and believe it should be. If plagiarism is the way you would do something then that's fine for you, but isn't what I would call the correct way to approach this conversation or any part of the Numerare project. Sorry, it just isn't us.

As for the not being surprised, I think you are just nit picking at all things mentioned instead of focusing on your actual issues here. If you haven't noticed, this has already been raised and a few people mentioned it within our Discord channel etc. This is one of the reasons why I brought it up, that and I thought it was relevant to the reason why we pushed Numerare out as soon as possible rather than prolonging things, which I don't feel I need to repeat myself again.

The naming convention of the coin was decided when this project was nothing more than 2 people talking about the conception of the project itself. As the main developer of the project is Italian it was decided that he would be the person to determine the name of the project. For this point I refer you to the wiki page for Numerare 'https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/numerare'. I am sure you will agree that there isn't anything wrong with the name itself and at the point of the decision it wasn't realised there was another coin of a similar name. As it goes this is a complete coincidence but either way, I don't see how this is relevant to the original discussion, you are once again just nit picking on something.

I am glad you feel passionately enough to actually display your concerns on this, I really am. As a team I will say that collectively we are sorry if any of the thoughts you have arrived to based on our project have somehow caused you discomfort or anger. We also apologise for being disappointing in your eyes but I feel there isn't much more we can do for you here.

I wish you all the best in everything and please, if there is anything else, feel free to get in touch at any time, either here or on our Discord channel 'https://discord.gg/qg89krU'

Regards,

Team Numerare.
I can see your discord channel is also full of believers in your "project".
I am neither nitpicking nor confirming things again. Just highlighting that you are scamming people by bringing something that is just blatantly another money grab. I do admire your tenacity. If you keep it up you might actually end up believing your own scam. Just next time spend a little more effort. The Chinese at least do some nice graphics and look into ever more original names. You didn't even bother taking 2 minutes to check the latter.

Good luck.
Faisal khan85

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

just checked the explorer how come 1607976711 coins are mined for new coin?
looks fishy..https://explorer.numerare.org/

how old is this coin?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: