Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 06:16:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodling requires perseverance  (Read 645 times)
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:06:40 PM

have to evaluate each token the same way we evaluate any stock or bond. what changed to cause the price dump? just negative mkt sentiments? if u were to re-evaluate the token today, how much wld u be willing to pay for it? only keep those that's worth keeping...
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

It's quite obvious that holding is the best solution in this bear market. You will regret later if you sell at a loss, but if you really need fiat right now and there are no other ways that you can earn some, you will have to sell a part of your crypto holdings and try to buy it back later.

Rianbook

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:14:08 PM

If for investment, perseverance is needed so that we can still be patient in holding. In an unstable market it is needed to survive and wait for prices to rise high to get a profit.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:18:07 PM

When investing in crypto and you hold because you believe about the project. Perseverance is not the only requirement it also has the patience because eventually market will go to the moon again.
concons31

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:19:19 PM

Ethereum (ETH) is one of the attractants of all time. The ETH fell for $ 300 and it's trading at $ 256. Ethereum is the last to appear in September September 2017. Earlier this year, reaching $ 1,400, ETH has lost 82% since then.My enthusiasm is broken. Undecided
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:35:42 PM

There is a popular saying where I come which goes thus "No pain,  no gain " . Hence perseverance is very fundamental to holding at the face of dumping market,  but you have to persevere through the period to see the next bull run and the other thing that help to persevere such period is your strong belief in what you're doing which brings strength to keep persevering to the end,  those that doesn't have the strength sell their tokens at loss
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:59:40 PM

In a simple sentence; hodling requires perseverance and courage.
courage and strenght to monitor the market, study and engage in your blockfolio

and the courage to get the profit instead of greediness.

if you hodl and persevere, if you are greedy; you get no profit.
USDOLLAR

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:10:26 PM

Without tirelessness then you can't be an effective holder. Nearby constancy, you would need a considerable measure of conviction, confidence, and a solid will in the venture that you are holding. It is in every case best to take benefits when we see it and keep some level of our portfolio for long-haul holds. I trust persistence is great imperative and vital for token holders. in the event that we want to make benefits from holding cryptographic forms of money particularly this season of falling and bearish market. One thing I guarantee isn't to offer at simply any cost when I am not in require. Most occasions, I don't likewise offer every one of my coins immediately. I just offer part and keep the remaining.
ColorfulJoseph

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:14:49 PM

In my opinion, if you are going to hold for a long time, I recommend to have just as a side income, so you can focus on some other job or activities while the value of the coin you invested in grows.
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:19:40 PM

This is very true. Another that is related to your post is not FOMO'ing and jumping right in just to get in.  I have this problem very badly.  It takes great effort on my part to pick my entry points and to stick with them. 

motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

Holding tokens requires a lot of perseverance because there are some projects who's roadmaps are well spaced and it may take a while for any significant milestone to be met, ans that will result in a lit of time spent before the project can make the good ROI it has the potential for. It is important to have patience if an investor desires to hold.

trantamhy

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Holding not only requires persistence and also requires knowing the market information. Learn the information quickly. At the fastest pace of change then high returns can be achieved

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:25:59 PM

I agree with you. If you gonna sell previously bought tokens now it's completely worthless. Because you gonna end up with a loss. We can't directly say what will happen in the future. But I'm also holding my invested coins these days. My $700 investment today worth only $352. But I know that the project is good. So I wait until market recover to sell my tokens. But we all have to be more careful. because of the anything can happen in the crypto world.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:43:29 PM

Sincerely, there are times i sell some coins even when i am not in profit, just because i need money. One thing i ensure is not to sell at just any price, when i am not in need. Most times, i do not also sell all my coins at once. I only sell part amd keep the remaining.

Just sell when you need it the most so that you won't regret it whatever happens. Being to greedy may get you to a pitfall that will most likely recover for months and months like what happened to me when bitcoin is at $9000 and still wasn't able to sell it because I think it will recover in just a few months but shit happens.

hmil

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:58:16 PM

It's interesting to watch the topic and read your opinions). I personally lost a lot in the past year on the fact that once again re-purchased by other coins with the hope that they will grow faster than those in which I was. I can confidently say that in crypto-currencies those who hold coins win.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:04:33 PM

Holding requires a lot of patience and a positive attitude in cryptocurrency industry here we cant expect overnight results of any kind we should win with patience
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:28:36 PM

Can't agree enough with this one. Holding does require perseverance. The only thing we need to be careful about is we should hold for profit and not be bag holders. There are many whom I know including myself, during the initial days where we stuck to a project/coin and time went by and instead of things going in a positive direction went the other way round. So its good to be with a project and like it and support it but then end of the day we are here to make some money so let's get some profits than being bag holders.
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:29:23 PM

perseverance is not only in cryptocurrency, in daily work also requires perseverance.
we also need reality to the market, because if it goes down deeper then altcoins will make your money disappear.

maybe it's better if you STOPLOSS when the altcoins you buy go down by about 10%.
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:44:57 AM

If you are trading on stock exchanges, you do not need to keep tokens long. If you liked the token, now it can be sold and purchased at a better price
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 04:54:24 AM

Yes, it is true that perseverance is the mother of success. One of the toughest thing to do when it comes to crypto, is the ability to hold for long.
I had a discussion with a friend. We decided to hold our tokens, because we had fiat to fall back on peradventure there is any need for it.
Presently, it is a different story, we are now in need of fiat, but all the tokens we presently hold have dumped. If we sell now, we would sell at loss, but getting money without selling is quite difficult.
As a matter of fact, we are seriously deliberating on what to do, yet we kept on telling ourselves that "it's just for a while."

Had the same experience it's hard to hold your token when you badly need some money, this is one of the scenario holders wants to avoid but it is urgent and emergency I have second thought selling my coin, no one can avoid selling at a loss and every holders and traders has one time or another has done this things.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████