Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:50:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency successive hacking incidents,what can we do?  (Read 355 times)
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:33:25 AM

there is nothing we can do about this tragedy.
but we can prevent that from happening to us. for example we sterilize our device from anything that causes hacking to occur, and keep everything related to our cryptocurrency asset.
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:40:41 AM

The cryptocurrency market is a billion dollar market which is obviously going to attract top hackers from across the world which is why such hacking incidents will always occur now and then, but they can be reduced to a big extent if the infrastructure is safeguarded in a highly effective manner. Coming to individuals, we need to avoid silly mistakes(Giving private keys to other, downloading shady wallets etc) to secure our coins and tokens.

blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:16:32 AM

Everything that is connected in the internet is at high risk.  For us to avoid to be hacked, we must secure our password and keep it in a safe place. We must not store it in any storage that is connected in the internet.
Also, we must check first the address of the site that we are trying to log in  to avoid the phishing site.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:50:13 AM

not much can be done. take profit greatly from the current state can be said to be not possible. can only play in the safe zone or take a risk to buy more for investments, in the long run, it again. to sell and even day trading alone I don't think there will be a good opportunity.
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:04:38 AM

Hacking can happen to everyone, the slightest carelessness can do you a lot of work. So we need to use the hardware wallet as the safest method
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 08:19:21 AM

You have to be very careful not to go to suspicious sites. I know how hard it is to lose your earned money, because recently my wallet was also hacked. Just need to be careful and do not install various unverified programs. And I think then everything will be fine.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

buy hardware wallet to store your crypto. avoid putting your crypto in exchange sites they are prone to hacking. you can put your put your crypto just be sure after to trade take it out and send it to your wallet. we can only rely to ourselves to let our crypto safe.
kellyscott

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:21:37 AM

well I heard about this hacking incidents, but I still didn't get anything from the trustable sources so there is a possibility that it also can be false rumor, but there is risk of hacking is available so we should careful specially after hearing this kinds of news, after all it can cost great loss.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:54:53 AM

Just wanted to ask the opinion of many about these incidents happened this past few days,what can we do as common individuals to help prevent these tragedies? We have good opportunity on this field so I supposed everyone should take time to think about it.

Your opinion could help especially for us newbies,feel free to post a message thanks.
I think that kind of thing can not be prevented, because until the end of the world, evil will never die. we can only minimize the bad things, by securing the assets of each, and do not easily believe in anyone.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

In such events, the Council can only be one - never panic. since these events are always intended to spread panic out of nowhere. this will always happen, but if you keep your bitcoins at home - nothing can lead you astray from learning the technology)
AnthonyLa

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:59:53 PM

This is the time when we need to concentrate on preventing the hacking incidences. More rules and regulations must be made on this cryptocurrency market. Moreover, strict measures must be taken against the hackers.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

I think something like this is very unlikely to be prevented. Especially if we are critical thinking, it could be that the hacker is the person inside the company itself. Hopefully not like that.

To minimize it only by securing cryptocurrency on hardwallet
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:27:49 PM

The news of hacking are sad to hear and the loss the investors suffer are unfathomable. But we still need to be careful and to look out for the red flags in order to remain cautious. Such as see the popularity and reviews of projects to know if they are safe and not a scam.
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

A threat to the market of crypto currency is hacking. with the rise in popularity of the crypto currency the number of hackers and report of hacking is increasing. This will cause the investor to not trust the market and withdraw their investment. And it would also discourage new investors, firms should upgrade their security and investors should use stronger wallets.
Mr.frost (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:56:26 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 04:31:06 PM by Mr.frost

I try to do some of those suggestions hopefully that would work and prevent from being victimized by this kind of incident.
ningo

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

The issues of hacking has posed a potential problem in the industry that needs all attention of two cryptocurrency world.Two big exchanges have been successfully hacked recently so the question is that what shows that there will not be future hacking irrespective of the said measures in place now.
TommyJr

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

Hacking is a rapid action taken on the crypto currency. To keep your coins safer you should use crypto currency wallets. and i recommend you to use hardware wallets.
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:05:19 AM

Digital world can hack everyone knows that. Everything can have risks. Be sure your security for as you can enough.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:08:37 PM

I think that is very alaraming because our investments are in their hands.
We should demand to the companies that they must provide a strong security that can assure the investors security of their money.
waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:28:40 PM

In recent times the scammers have increased, now even on telegram there are criminals who use similar username to those of the admin of the official chat of the blockchain platform and contact people to defraud them. We must be more careful, do not send anyone the private keys of their wallet and use a good antivirus
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: