Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you Alarmed of the Recent Hacking Incidents in some Exchange?  (Read 327 times)
jporter80

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:09:23 AM

well,there have been a lot hack but they issues are given out info to wrong personels,by given out info hackers can use that to take off your coins,though much work are still need in hacking issue
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:26:38 AM

Actually we can use offline wallet but I absolutelty trust to Binance exchange becasue They never be unfair. If some hacking problemes live, They can solve problem and give your coin to you.

mjloulie

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:43:40 AM

I am very much aware of it and I think what your friend say is absolutely true, there is no such thing as "100%" safe when it comes to internet technology. Even we think that all of these exchanger are safe there is always this possibility that it can be hacked. As we can see hackers are very much smarter than we ever think and I guess those hackers are also IT experts.  So to profect your funds and avoid being hacked  it would be better not to store your funds in any exchanger,  store it in your personal wallet instead.
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:48:03 AM

the hackers are always trying to find opportunities to find shortcomings in an exchange security system, the hackers will try hard to use their ability to get what they want, I agree there is no system that is 100% safe, crypto market is so vulnerable to hacking and news stories about hacking makes people panic then the market becomes chaotic. that's the system that occurs in cryptocurrency.
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

I treat such news calmly because such incidents occur in the crypto-currency world not for the first time. And to avoid becoming a victim, I keep all my coins on a cold wallet. And what you recommend!
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:54:09 AM

Hacking exchanges is the very old condition already.
I am dont store all my coins on exchanges only some of part which i want to sell immediately if pump happened

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:57:09 AM

Thats why I never jump into flashy new exchanges. The so called ICO exchanges nowadays are operated by novice high school programmers who just know some bootstrap html and want to operate an exchange. You should look for professionalism and experience when it comes to handling your fund.
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

Hacking incident on exchanges is dreadful especially if you keep all of your holdings their.  Oh yeah, there is no 100% secure exchanges platform. If their IT staff are expert, those hackers are expert too. So, a little glitch that will happen on security system, surely those hackers will grab the opportunity to attack the system of an exchanges.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 10:35:11 AM

That's why we shouldn't store our cryptos into an exchange platform for they are very vulnerable to attacks. Hackers always find ways to infiltrate exchanges that are holding huge amount of crypto. Maybe there are some exchanges that do have some insider tips that's why some intruders can penetrate from their security.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:31:20 AM

Nothing is impossible for the internet, they will easily enter and try to unload the best security system, others will have a certain system that is not deliberate to be able to access it very easily.
Things like this often happen in the last few years, this is very common for people in the world of technology and the internet, so no wonder famous exchange sites are hacked and get a lot of losses, they are already planning it for more axis again in the crypto world, giving big losses to the market, spreading fear for everyone.
MasterICO

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:25:12 AM

Recently Hacking Incidents are Highlighted in the most Crypto-Currency News outlets and Portals this Incidents are undoubtedly has a chilling effect to the Market Since the Investors are wary about the said Incident lately Bancor Network was Hacked and loss about Millions of Dollars? In your Opinion How could this happen if all of this Exchange is employing top of the class cyber security. I remember and iT Engineer tells me (there's no such thing as 100% secure in the internet) and No system is Perfect! is this true?  Don't hesitate to drop your opinion,

Im not alarmed because I never stored crypto in Exchange but my view in this hacking Incident was positive to spread awareness to all exchange platform that they must make there cyber security more secure to repill this Treat.
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:45:29 AM

More and more often I read news of thefts in the cryptocurrency exchanges, and this is a very bad situation, both for those who lose money, and for all those who would like to approach this new sector to invest and get discouraged. I hope that, for a good growth of the sector, all the exchanges increase their security levels to the maximum, even if some theft can always happen
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:09:02 AM

the real question is, what are you going to do about all these hacking incidents that keep on happening to some exchanges out there?
just being alarmed is not enough anymore. you need to do something. and that can be beginning to move to decentralized exchanges. they won't become any better if you don't start using them. as more people join, these exchanges will grow bigger and have more volume and also the bugs would be found faster and the platforms would become stronger. and eventually we can stop seeing hacks like this.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
raking

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:28:54 AM

I think the exchange is not really safe, it still has a lot of holes and it seems that every exchange has holes and need to fix in the long run. You should keep your money in your wallet and use it as needed. In addition, you should take steps to secure your account on the exchange or wallet
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:16:59 PM

I won't lie i am really alarmed because if a big exchanges can be hacked with all their high tech and all their tech devs, that's means there is a problem, it means we are not really safe and it means the hackers are getting more smarter on daily basis

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 11:22:57 PM

Hack of exchange is one of the worst scenarios for storing crypto assets on exchange. But also you have to be careful with some shady exchanges like yobit, exmo, wex.nz, bitforex etc. Some of them has a lot of troubles in the past and can create more for the customers in the future.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:30:22 PM

yes I am very surprised because I am confused how can the exchange place that has team informatics and experts in security could be hit by hack, I suspect that who gives access to entry is from insiders or from negligence security team system owned by the website itself.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:31:59 PM

Cryptocurrencies are always vulnerable to hacks, but several digital token thefts have rocked the market in a short period of time.

Most recently Bithumb is reported to have lost $30 million in cryptocurrencies after a massive hack hit the exchange.

I am expecting the digital currency to see significant drops in the coming days.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:36:22 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 11:54:31 PM by rodel caling

Of course yes the bad people are no space herein cryptocurrency need to learn how to avoid this incident
Dev and all people in this world of new digital currency is front to the hacker need to be malicious to the people to avoid hacking and taking care for their investment put strong security system.
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:57:04 AM

Of truth it is so alarming the way the hackers hack many the crypto exchanges, it's a norm now that every week we will hear news on of hack or the other but most times it doesn't really bother me much because crypto is still in the early development, I remember when credit card first came it suffers the same thing but today's it's been secured with many ways, so i believe cryptos will reach that extent in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: