Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-02-14 BREAKING: Mark Karpeles posts to say MtGox is implementing a solution  (Read 2440 times)
Barek (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:46:47 AM

http://theblogchain.com/2014/02/14/breaking-mark-karpeles-posts-to-say-mtgox-is-implementing-a-solution/

Mark Karpeles just posted on GitHub at approximately midnight EST. Here’s the full quote:
Just to update this thread, it seems that this discussion is mostly stale now. We (at MtGox) will implement this new hash index in our transactions database and start working with it (we will announce a maintenance as we will have to stop bitcoin deposits too during the database schema update) and will start providing this new hash when customers are withdrawing bitcoins, litecoins, or any other coin based on Bitcoin we may support in the future.

We will also provide an API that will allow our customers to use this hash to retrieve the transaction hash as seen in the blockchain once the transaction is confirmed, and will hope others (blockchain.info?) will index this value one day.

We also invite other exchanges and businesses which may need to keep track of bitcoins they send to use this same method, since dealing with multiple variations of the same thing wouldn’t be very productive.

If nobody does it, we will also post some test vectors for regular (in=>out) transactions in the near future.

And here’s a link to the full thread on GitHub.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3656#issuecomment-35055553

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:24:30 AM

http://theblogchain.com/2014/02/14/breaking-mark-karpeles-posts-to-say-mtgox-is-implementing-a-solution/

Mark Karpeles just posted on GitHub at approximately midnight EST. Here’s the full quote:
Just to update this thread, it seems that this discussion is mostly stale now. We (at MtGox) will implement this new hash index in our transactions database and start working with it (we will announce a maintenance as we will have to stop bitcoin deposits too during the database schema update) and will start providing this new hash when customers are withdrawing bitcoins, litecoins, or any other coin based on Bitcoin we may support in the future.

We will also provide an API that will allow our customers to use this hash to retrieve the transaction hash as seen in the blockchain once the transaction is confirmed, and will hope others (blockchain.info?) will index this value one day.

We also invite other exchanges and businesses which may need to keep track of bitcoins they send to use this same method, since dealing with multiple variations of the same thing wouldn’t be very productive.

If nobody does it, we will also post some test vectors for regular (in=>out) transactions in the near future.

Great.... Mark is hacking thro a fix .... again  Roll Eyes until it blows up. is he actually gonna test on his exchange? How many failed attempts we need to make him stop facking around and refund ppl's money?
spartagates

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:29:21 AM

Still trying to tease over ltc, afraid that's not gonna save the stampede to leave gox now buddy....

Cloud-Dice.com

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:31:25 AM

Good news. I hope to open again because i have 50 btc on mtgox
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:58:17 AM

Is this the death of Gox? Price is almost down to 50% of other exchanges...
naitwit

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:25:27 AM

Something has happened at least. They now send an email when I log in.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:25:25 PM

Is this the death of Gox? Price is almost down to 50% of other exchanges...

Who would actually use this exchange now? Can peeps get coins out yet?
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:15:59 PM

MUST WATCH: Account Holder Flies To Japan And Confronts MtGox CEO https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=465071.0

So why don't they just send the guy his bitcoins, he's stood out in the snow for goodness sake. He probably has ID with him, the guy he confronted just wasn't interested in helping him at all. This is looking bad.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:36:54 PM

Still trying to tease over ltc, afraid that's not gonna save the stampede to leave gox now buddy....

little late yes. i exspected to see Litecoin there in 2014 but with all the trouble its hard to say now.

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:42:17 PM

Gox is dead, Mark just doesn't know it yet.

His trust rating is through the floor.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:18:27 PM

I'm sure he already does know. I can't see how he can pull his business back from this. Why would people go back to gox once they've got their money out of there?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:20:11 PM

I'm sure he already does know. I can't see how he can pull his business back from this. Why would people go back to gox once they've got their money out of there?

Why do people still buy preorder rigs from BFL?

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:40:48 PM

gox is still the oldest exchange that's STILL AROUND! that's a big feat all the naysayers..
maybe you should have traded with the other exchanges that closed up shop and disappeared or actually got hacked to death

ok
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:06:15 PM

gox is still the oldest exchange that's STILL AROUND! that's a big feat all the naysayers..
maybe you should have traded with the other exchanges that closed up shop and disappeared or actually got hacked to death

The phrases 'a sinking ship' or 'a dying giant' come to mind.
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:23:53 AM

This situation is not so different from Cyprus and their bail in. Friday night people have money in the bank; Monday morning they can't access their funds. And later in the week they find out they will be taking an involuntary haircut in order to help out the bankers who caused the problem in the first place. But thankfully the important elites were given advance notice so they could withdraw ahead of time and not have to share the pain with the great unwashed.

I'm sure Mark didn't have any issues transferring his own funds out (and it would be interesting to know how many insiders did the same thing). Maybe he should go buy a nail gun.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

This situation is not so different from Cyprus and their bail in. Friday night people have money in the bank; Monday morning they can't access their funds. And later in the week they find out they will be taking an involuntary haircut in order to help out the bankers who caused the problem in the first place. But thankfully the important elites were given advance notice so they could withdraw ahead of time and not have to share the pain with the great unwashed.

I'm sure Mark didn't have any issues transferring his own funds out (and it would be interesting to know how many insiders did the same thing). Maybe he should go buy a nail gun.

are you an orcale or just like spreading FUD  Roll Eyes

ok
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

are you an orcale or just like spreading FUD  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

Not wise enough to be an oracle sadly. I certainly don't want gox to go under as a couple of my friends have coins in there. Incompetence I can understand - relate to even. But premeditated bs like this pisses me off as much as any banker could. I don't need to be spreading any more FUD than already exists. It was one thing for someone to deliberately chop the market off at its knees. But knowing what effect it would have on the reputation of the overall market makes it unforgivable.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:22:36 AM

we will announce a maintenance as we will have to stop bitcoin deposits too during the database schema update

People be aware! You might not be able to send your Bitcoins to Mt.Gox for selling them there!
How will the community survive this timespan?
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:37:23 PM

and will start providing this new hash when customers are withdrawing bitcoins, litecoins, or any other coin based on Bitcoin we may support in the future.

All aboard spaceship LTC!!! Last chance for cheap coins before takeoff!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: