Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for loan, have ring for collateral  (Read 292 times)
scott32786 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:23:05 PM

I posted this ring for sale:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4646747.msg41983727

I am also looking to possibly just take a loan out on it and buy it back over the 6 months of waiting for it to fit my wife again, with interest of course.

Seeking $9000

Ring appraisal: $10,300

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:01:17 PM

I am also looking to possibly just take a loan out on it and buy it back over the 6 months of waiting for it to fit my wife again, with interest of course.

Seeking $9000

Anything youre looking to sell isnt valid collateral and in fact shows you have no intent on repaying the loan back.

Ref: http://archive.is/L2ZV4
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

Your whole post is shady and smells scam from miles away...

You offer as Collateral something that you already put up for sale. That means that you don't care to get it back.

I am also looking to possibly just take a loan out on it and buy it back over the 6 months of waiting for it to fit my wife again

Do you want a Loan because doesn't fit on your wife?! Well that's a brand new excuse! Cheesy

...with interest of course.

Really? You are so kind...

Seeking $9000

This is a price that you figure it before or after you see that it doesn't fit on your wife?! Lol!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:16:04 PM

Whoa whoa whoa people calm down lol.

The ring doesn't fit my wife and we are in a current financial situation. That situation is short term and we plan to purchase a new ring in about 6 months time once she's back to her normal size. There is no good reason to purchase a ring before then since it will need multiple resizes until she is back to normal.

Our plan to correct our current financial situation is to:

Get a loan for it with the plan to buy THAT ring back instead of a NEW ring...

Or

Sell this ring and simply buy a NEW ring.

To the person who says my post sounds like a scam from a mile away... how do you figure? How else can I prove this isn't a scam? I'm only wanting to do a deal with an escrow service or PayPal where both parties are protected.
ThatRandom8543

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

Whoa whoa whoa people calm down lol.

The ring doesn't fit my wife and we are in a current financial situation. That situation is short term and we plan to purchase a new ring in about 6 months time once she's back to her normal size. There is no good reason to purchase a ring before then since it will need multiple resizes until she is back to normal.

Our plan to correct our current financial situation is to:

Get a loan for it with the plan to buy THAT ring back instead of a NEW ring...

Or

Sell this ring and simply buy a NEW ring.

To the person who says my post sounds like a scam from a mile away... how do you figure? How else can I prove this isn't a scam? I'm only wanting to do a deal with an escrow service or PayPal where both parties are protected.

Youre asking for a loan for something youre trying to sell. That shows no intent in repaying, and if you have read the stickies before posting, you would know that it is extremely looked down on.

f you really do need the money why not just pawn it? Many pawn shops usually have everything they need to validate documents, verify that the ring is real, etc.
scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:23:05 PM

Your whole post is shady and smells scam from miles away...

You offer as Collateral something that you already put up for sale. That means that you don't care to get it back.

I am also looking to possibly just take a loan out on it and buy it back over the 6 months of waiting for it to fit my wife again

Do you want a Loan because doesn't fit on your wife?! Well that's a brand new excuse! Cheesy

...with interest of course.

Really? You are so kind...

Seeking $9000

This is a price that you figure it before or after you see that it doesn't fit on your wife?! Lol!

1.) How does it smell like a scam from a mile way? Please tell me, I want this to be as least scammy as possible. I figured by ONLY accepting protected forms of transaction that sort of proves this isn't a scam?

2.) If you read the sale thread then you would know what our plan is. The ring simply doesn't fit TEMPORARILY, and rather than go through multiple resizes, and considering our current financial situation (which is very temporary, mind you), we feel best to either essentially PAWN the ring off for a loan and simply buy THAT ring back, or just sell the ring and buy a NEW ring back once she is normal.   If we went the loan route we most certainly would want to buy THIS ring back.... that is actually what we prefer. She adores that ring even though she hasn't been able to wear it.

3.) No I don't want the loan just because it doesn't fit my wife. Read my whole thread and you will understand.

4.) What more would you want other than interest?

5.) The $10,300 appraisal is the authentic appraisal given to me upon the purchase of the ring. Of course other appraisers may find slightly different valuation, but it's a pretty accurate starting point. Go to any jeweler where you design and build a ring just like this and try to get exactly this for less than $9,000. That is why the ring is valued where it's at, it has nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't fit my wife.

To be honest, your post is so disrespectful and shows you don't actually read a thing. This isn't a scam, it's a solution we have found for a temporary problem, and if someone wants to make some interest off of me then great. It solves our "right now" problem, and we would have no issue with repurchasing the ring within 6 months time. We would want to do everything we could to repurchase it.

Anyway, thanks for the post? I guess......
ThatRandom8543

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:29:08 PM

1.) How does it smell like a scam from a mile way? Please tell me, I want this to be as least scammy as possible. I figured by ONLY accepting protected forms of transaction that sort of proves this isn't a scam?

2.) If you read the sale thread then you would know what our plan is. The ring simply doesn't fit TEMPORARILY, and rather than go through multiple resizes, and considering our current financial situation (which is very temporary, mind you), we feel best to either essentially PAWN the ring off for a loan and simply buy THAT ring back, or just sell the ring and buy a NEW ring back once she is normal.   If we went the loan route we most certainly would want to buy THIS ring back.... that is actually what we prefer. She adores that ring even though she hasn't been able to wear it.

3.) No I don't want the loan just because it doesn't fit my wife. Read my whole thread and you will understand.

4.) What more would you want other than interest?

5.) The $10,300 appraisal is the authentic appraisal given to me upon the purchase of the ring. Of course other appraisers may find slightly different valuation, but it's a pretty accurate starting point. Go to any jeweler where you design and build a ring just like this and try to get exactly this for less than $9,000. That is why the ring is valued where it's at, it has nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't fit my wife.

To be honest, your post is so disrespectful and shows you don't actually read a thing. This isn't a scam, it's a solution we have found for a temporary problem, and if someone wants to make some interest off of me then great. It solves our "right now" problem, and we would have no issue with repurchasing the ring within 6 months time. We would want to do everything we could to repurchase it.

Anyway, thanks for the post? I guess......

Read the following from [EDU] The Rule of "No Collateral, No Loan" - IGNORE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

What is not considered collateral?

- Merit.  Bitcointalk Merit is not a commodity and is not meant to be traded.  Asking or doing so may get you negative trust (Trade with Extreme Caution!)
- Items they want to sell.  They don't want it back, so they will default.  It's scammy unethical behavior and will lead to negative trust.  Check their recent posts!
- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Games codes or similar.  To verify the collateral you need to use the code, which destroys the collateral.  Consider this a purchase, not a loan.  (Post in Digital Goods instead)
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Most pre-coins/tokens are worthless, or may take significant time to be worth anything.  
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come over six months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)  Examples:  Steam

Also, pawning an item is still the same as getting a loan, just that youre putting an item up as collateral and getting a specific amount and must pay that plus interest back to the pawn shop within a specific time frame or risk the item being sold.
scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:30:10 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 07:47:26 PM by scott32786

Youre asking for a loan for something youre trying to sell. That shows no intent in repaying, and if you have read the stickies before posting, you would know that it is extremely looked down on.

f you really do need the money why not just pawn it? Many pawn shops usually have everything they need to validate documents, verify that the ring is real, etc.

I honestly did not realize that would be looked down upon. It's an honest situation and we had 2 paths to a solution. Ideally we want to take a loan out on it and buy the ring back. My wife adores the ring and it's rather heartbreaking for her that we are doing this.

I did take it in to pawn shops, but everyone offered 20-30% of it's actual value, which isn't enough to cover close to what we need... and every single one told me "DO NOT DO THIS - SELL THIS THING PRIVATE PARTY"... and one local jeweler offered to do the validation service for any potential buyer I find. We originally wanted to pawn the ring from the get go, but got offered so little and I told the pawn shops what we needed to get out of it to solve our problem and they said the only way we could get that is private party.
condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:00:40 PM

You get your answers but you keep insisting to "prove" something that you can't.
Go to a pawn shop in your area or offer a Valid Collateral (read the stickies).

And yes, it's still smell scam as it smells from the start.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:18:04 PM

You get your answers but you keep insisting to "prove" something that you can't.
Go to a pawn shop in your area or offer a Valid Collateral (read the stickies).

And yes, it's still smell scam as it smells from the start.

Well considering I was willing to send the ring and let the lender verify it's integrity before escrow agent releases funds... kind of figure that is the only true way a lender/buyer will feel secure in doing this for a ring of this value.

Pawn shop in my area wont give more than about $2000 for it which is not even close to enough to solve our problem. Some of the pawn shops wont even do that because they feel they will have a hard time selling the ring for the value it is worth in this area (I live in redneckville, california... lol)

I am even willing to do something with a local lender/buyer if there is anyone here in California or near Sacramento.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3061

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:27:40 PM

Seeking $9000

When is the last time a jeweller gave you anywhere close to the appraised value?  It's like a domain name lol.

Nice scam attempt - it's no wonder you created a new account to try it.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

Seeking $9000

When is the last time a jeweller gave you anywhere close to the appraised value?  It's like a domain name lol.

Nice scam attempt - it's no wonder you created a new account to try it.

Ugh. Really not a “scam attempt” google my username this is the same username I use for most everything.... I just don’t really post. Now I have a need to.

Anyway, goodbye, this was obviously a waste of time and thanks to whoever for negative trust rating me based on literally nothing whatsoever, ass....
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3061

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

Anyway, goodbye, this was obviously a waste of time and thanks to whoever for negative trust rating me based on literally nothing whatsoever, ass....

So you come into our clubhouse, ask for free money, then storm out?

Your negative trust is very valid - you want to exchange the ring - you are not going to buy it back.

Goodbye.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:24:30 PM

Just out of curiosity; how is that your wife is not actually on her normal sice? I'm not trying to make fun of any situation, but the only way I can imagine that is if she has an air compressor plugged into her (?)

And another thing to be said. It is your job as someone looking for a loan to prove you are not going to default/scam. So don't get pissed if everybody asks about it. It's not you the one risking the money after all

scott32786 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:54:20 AM

Just out of curiosity; how is that your wife is not actually on her normal sice? I'm not trying to make fun of any situation, but the only way I can imagine that is if she has an air compressor plugged into her (?)

And another thing to be said. It is your job as someone looking for a loan to prove you are not going to default/scam. So don't get pissed if everybody asks about it. It's not you the one risking the money after all

She was unknowingly pregnant when I first purchased the ring so her size had already changed but we didn't realize it. It was too tight from the get go because of the pregnancy, and will be that way a few months after our Son is here until her weight normalizes.

In regards to getting pissed, I really wasn't getting too upset I just felt like I was being ripped a new one for not realizing that was bad etiquette on this board to post something for sale and pawn at the same time, which is my fault I admit.

And I agree, it is true that they are risking the money so it is understandable for them to question everything. I guess I didn't take too well to that, but some of the accusations I was getting seemed a bit over the top.

I just made a mistake.
Razon

Activity: 39
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:07:58 PM

Or you could just go the the jeweler and have it resized..
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:20:42 PM

I have a ring donut for collateral...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: