Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:06:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News: Bitstamp & other exchanges to Resume Withdrawals TODAY!  (Read 3245 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:53:51 AM

Bitstamp just announced they found a fix (in cooperation with the foundation Core Devs) for the malleability issue, Withdrawals to resume TODAY. This whole fiasco is now OVER, all exchanges will follow allowing withdrawals very Soon. I'm the only one in the forum saying this but you should be buying now!

There are news also leaked from a reddit source about Gox opening btc withdrawals.

Bistamp Quote:

Dear Bitstamp clients,

A denial-of-service attack caused us to suspend the processing of Bitcoin withdrawals. Bitstamp, with help from the Bitcoin core developers, has implemented a solution that passes our preliminary tests and audits.

After additional testing, we plan to enable Bitcoin withdraws later today.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

The Bitstamp team

GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:59:01 AM

The price just shot up to $630 on stamp, on this news i just posted

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:00:07 AM

can you please put a link to your source on the news, thanks

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:01:33 AM

look at the chart at Bitcoinwisdom, huge buys is rocketing the price upwards since this news!

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd

GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:01:59 AM

can you please put a link to your source on the news, thanks

i put the quote, otherwise jut go to bitstamp website and read the announcements

zakalwe

Activity: 445

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:08:20 AM

I am tring to withdraw from bitstamp and as I asked where are my money here is the answer:

"We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
6. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket."

The have already my document and my bank details. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?Huh?
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:08:59 AM

Source: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitcoin-withdrawals-processing-soon/

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

As much as everyone would like to think this movement is solely based on exchange withdrawal issues, I personally don't believe it is. I believe this is a correction from a severally overbought BTC and we'll be going down further. It was just accelerated by bad news. Guess time will tell.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:27:05 AM

bitcoin.de is already resumed to withdrawals again Smiley I bought with my last 100€

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

It seems this problem is over! Grea News!
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:30:38 AM

I have no doubt the coins will be shuffled about between the speculators today, but at some point don't we have to accept that we have lost an enormous amount of goodwill with potential adopters.  Crashes are one thing, but there is an overwhelming perception now that exchanges are not safe, transactions are not safe and bitcoin is not safe.  The price of a coin is going to have to reduce substantially I think before it attracts new money.  On the plus side I am usually wrong so there is that. 
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:32:28 AM

I have no doubt the coins will be shuffled about between the speculators today, but at some point don't we have to accept that we have lost an enormous amount of goodwill with potential adopters.  Crashes are one thing, but there is an overwhelming perception now that exchanges are not safe, transactions are not safe and bitcoin is not safe.  The price of a coin is going to have to reduce substantially I think before it attracts new money.  On the plus side I am usually wrong so there is that. 

people are fickle.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:36:11 AM

Components of the bear market:

1. Millions of coins need to be capitulated. Major profit taking starts when 1W MACD goes down, and doesn't stop until the profit taking is done, despite any news.
2. Hackers have stolen and are dumping coins.
3. China has banned banks and 3rd party payment processors dealing in bitcoin and there was no sudden influx of investors in China on Jan 31 or Feb 8.
4. Russia has outright banned bitcoin.
5. Cyprus issued a bank advisory and btce is potentially at risk.
6. India.
7. Apple removed bitcoin from the app store.
8. Some of what were thought of as major exchanges were weak enough to flashcrash to $100 when the shit hit the fan - this is never before seen.
9. Flaws on Bitfinex have been exploited, traders on Bitfinex have lost money. The staff at Bitfinex showed themselves as bad at responding to issues and unfit to be running an exchange.
10. The market has realized bitcoin and bitcoin service usage is not 100% safe and subject to potential security flaws.
11. The foundation members are not entirely trustworthy.
12. A foundation member was arrested in conjunction with silk road.
13. Men in florida were arrested and received felony money laundering charges for using localbitcoins.
14. There is a reduced trust in exchanges (which have shown themselves as incompetent and are down millions of dollars due to hackers).
15. Silk Road 2 has closed its escrow service.
16. Gox started processing cash withdrawals, fiat is actually exiting the system, and jaded investors are actually leaving the economy altogether.
17. Btce halted fiat withdrawals.
18. Gox and stamp closed btc withdrawals.

So because 1 or 2 of the items in this list are satisfied it means the whole bear market is off and it's back to the moon?  I don't think so... I think perhaps this is that trap with an intermediary 4 hour uptrend I was talking about.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:36:18 AM

I have no doubt the coins will be shuffled about between the speculators today, but at some point don't we have to accept that we have lost an enormous amount of goodwill with potential adopters.  Crashes are one thing, but there is an overwhelming perception now that exchanges are not safe, transactions are not safe and bitcoin is not safe.  The price of a coin is going to have to reduce substantially I think before it attracts new money. On the plus side I am usually wrong so there is that

You dont say  Roll Eyes
GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:03:35 PM

1. Millions of coins need to be capitulated. Major profit taking starts when 1W MACD goes down, and doesn't stop until the profit taking is done, despite any news.
3. China has banned banks and 3rd party payment processors dealing in bitcoin and there was no sudden influx of investors in China on Jan 31 or Feb 8.
6. India.
8. Some of what were thought of as major exchanges were weak enough to flashcrash to $100 when the shit hit the fan - this is never before seen.
9. Flaws on Bitfinex have been exploited, traders on Bitfinex have lost money. The staff at Bitfinex showed themselves as bad at responding to issues and unfit to be running an exchange.
10. The market has realized bitcoin and bitcoin service usage is not 100% safe and subject to potential security flaws.
13. Men in florida were arrested and received felony money laundering charges for using localbitcoins.
14. There is a reduced trust in exchanges (which have shown themselves as incompetent and are down millions of dollars due to hackers).
16. Gox started processing cash withdrawals, fiat is actually exiting the system, and jaded investors are actually leaving the economy altogether.

So because 1 or 2 of the items in this list are satisfied it means the whole bear market is off and it's back to the moon?  I don't think so... I think perhaps this is that trap with an intermediary 4 hour uptrend I was talking about.

move the circle a little bit forward that's where we are  Smiley

TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:13:37 PM

6. India.

move the circle a little bit forward that's where we are  Smiley

This does not compute. Look how many days have passed so far with this entire thing. Only 12!

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

Look, I did get the February rally call wrong, I admit, but you guys who compare this to last spring/summer and believe that it's going to play out precisely the same on a day-by-day basis are nuts!

EDIT: early February rally  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:39:41 PM

look at the chart at Bitcoinwisdom, huge buys is rocketing the price upwards since this news!

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd

Is that what you call 'emotionally driven trading'?

I think I remember reading somewhere that this was a bad idea.

Bitstamp is rocketing much less upwards on much less volume than it did on Feb 8th bounce. Let's see if it can get up to $720 level and on convincing volume, and then stay there before declaring trend reversals.

I would have loved to have caught the bounce at $538 and was sitting watching it happen and predicted that there would be some kind of reaction at this price point because there is so much dumb money in Bitcoin and it tends to follow the dumb money rules.....but I have vowed to myself to sit out of Bitcoin until trend proves reversal, as I still fear an absolute pig slaughter in this market and I don't want to be in amongst it........one of those times when Bitcoin hits these 'obvious' price whiplash points, it is going to buck the trend and keep smashing right through it. Next 'dumb' price whiplash point is $380 range. Will see how brave I feel if/when it gets down there.

Look, I did get the February rally call wrong, I admit, but you guys who compare this to last spring/summer and believe that it's going to play out precisely the same on a day-by-day basis are nuts!

EDIT: early February rally  Grin

You should just stop commenting on what you think the market is going to do. If you actually managed to convince or influence anyone, you will have hurt them financially pretty bad by now.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:44:53 PM

EDIT: early February rally  Grin

You should just stop commenting on what you think the market is going to do. If you actually managed to convince or influence anyone, you will have hurt them financially pretty bad by now.

That's rich coming from you MTC.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:47:41 PM

That's rich coming from you MTC.

I was butt-hurt bearish from $500 - $700 on December 'market memory' post crash rally. Apart from that, I challenge you to find one time when I have been cheer leading the wrong side of the trade?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: