Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2019, 01:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PeerSports.org: Live sports-betting site off the blockchain  (Read 576 times)
stamen123
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 58
Merit: 0


View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:25:26 AM
 #1

PeerSports.org is not just another bitcoin sports-betting site - it is a proof of concept about the innovation to the online betting industry brought about by bitcoin.

PeerSports.org at a glance:
  • Minimal risk: only your bet leaves your wallet;
  • 100% Secure: wallet and web servers fully disconnected;
  • Fully anonymous: you do not even need an email to place bets;
  • No moral hazard: all bets fully hedged so that we never take a position against you;
  • Transparent: you can follow all bets being made on our site as well as their payouts;
  • All wallets supported: use your favourite bitcoin wallet, as long as it is not shared;
  • Simple interface: the way the bitcoiners like it;

In short, we capitalise on bitcoin to offer you the same service you get from offline bookmaker shops - but now on the internet!

Unlike other online bookmakers using bitcoin, with us you do not need to pre-fund your account by sending bitcoins and then having to wait for an hour or more... With PeerSports.org you can bet straight away the moment you feel like it. Similarly, you do not need to request a pay out of your winnings - they get paid automatically to the bitcoin address the bet was sent from.

And again, our wallets (read your bets) are safe - being able to use the blockchain as our database, our wallet operates on a different (hidden) machine than our web server.

You can read more about the service in our F.A.Q. section.

We appreciate any suggestions/questions/ideas/warnings you might have.
1563240092
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563240092

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1563240092
Reply with quote  #2

1563240092
Report to moderator
1563240092
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563240092

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1563240092
Reply with quote  #2

1563240092
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1563240092
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563240092

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1563240092
Reply with quote  #2

1563240092
Report to moderator
1563240092
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1563240092

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1563240092
Reply with quote  #2

1563240092
Report to moderator
Authentic
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1


View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:47:20 PM
 #2

  • Minimal risk: only your bet leaves your wallet;
This is a great innovation by itself.

uber
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 26
Merit: 0


View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:26:36 PM
 #3

So, basically you're offering blind betting, where you decide how much you want to bet, but don't get to know the odds until after the bet is placed? I have to admit it's innovative...
stamen123
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 58
Merit: 0


View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 04:32:29 PM
 #4

So, basically you're offering blind betting, where you decide how much you want to bet, but don't get to know the odds until after the bet is placed? I have to admit it's innovative...

Of course not - you are seeing the odds live. You send the bet and within 6-8 seconds your bet gets filled at the market price, which sometimes may deviate insignificantly from the price you saw - positively or negatively.

If we cannot lock the price you saw when you sent the bet, your bet will be returned - happens if a goal is scored or a red card given, as is usual with all live betting sites.

90% of the times we lock the price we show you. The other 10% it may deviate - especially if you bet around the end of the game when odds move wildly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!