Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:17:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEP-5 vs ERC 20 TOKENS IN LONG TERM?  (Read 114 times)
emmiebrizzie (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:27:52 PM

i have been wondering between NEP-5 tokens and ERC 20 tokens, which of them would you prefer investing in and why. And also, which do you think will be the winner in 5 years to come.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

I think this space is vast for both and more know they are not the same pow and pos and every type has his pros and cons different need for different niche
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:41:04 PM

As ethereum is overloaded right now NEO is looking like a better platform, unless ethereum release an amazing update that will sort out the scaling issue. In the long term, both will succeed and new players like LISK will add another platform to compete with them both

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
emmiebrizzie (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:41:58 PM

I think this space is vast for both and more know they are not the same pow and pos and every type has his pros and cons different need for different niche

Recently, it looks like most of the serious ICOs are developed on NEO platform whiles majority of scam ICOs  use Ethereum. Do you think investors might consider this when investing and if it will have any effect on Ethereum?
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:44 PM

The NEP5 tokens are very interesting, since many very serious Chinesse teams are deciding to use these instead of Ethereum. It may become a serious competitor in less than a year.

Insufficient

Activity: 231
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:14:50 PM

i have been wondering between NEP-5 tokens and ERC 20 tokens,
(NEO based Protocol)NEP-5 tokens arguably are more scalable than (ETH based protocol token)ERC-20 tokens but ERC-20 Token is still the trends in the crypto world.
which of them would you prefer investing in and why.
First of all if based on the protocol said above just read their whitepaper if their project is promising and have a potential to grow on the market just invest.
And also, which do you think will be the winner in 5 years to come.
That will depends on the project and the team if they keep more improvement on their system.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:40:17 PM

NEO based token are still not in trend and you can actually count the total number of NEP-5 tokens but from what I know, NEO based token doesn't have scalibility issue like ERC-20. Whenever something/token get popular, ETH network start to get congested and we will end up paying high fee to transfer ETH and even more have to be paid to move those ERC tokens.

Until this problem is solved, NEP-5 seems to be winner in long term but right now ERC is everywhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: