Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for angel investors for a blockchain startup. Where can I find them?  (Read 196 times)
Nano1778 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:09:59 AM

Hello, I am the founder of a blockchain startup that needs startup capital before we can begin development. But I am having trouble acquiring this so I see individual angel investors as the best approach. The problem is I can’t find any way to seriously contact these investors to request a meeting. They write me off as spam or advertising. Does anyone know of a way that I can get in contact with any angel investors (does not matter how small) that could possibly be interested in working with me as a partner. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 12:34:56 AM

Hello, I am the founder of a blockchain startup that needs startup capital before we can begin development. But I am having trouble acquiring this so I see individual angel investors as the best approach. The problem is I can’t find any way to seriously contact these investors to request a meeting. They write me off as spam or advertising. Does anyone know of a way that I can get in contact with any angel investors (does not matter how small) that could possibly be interested in working with me as a partner. Thank you.

why do you do that, you are basically selling yourself off, best way would look somewhere local like in the newspaper.

regards

Nano1778 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:20:46 AM

why do you do that, you are basically selling yourself off, best way would look somewhere local like in the newspaper.

regards

It doesn't matter to me where the investor comes from as long as I can trust them and meet them in person. I am selling a portion or asset of my company in any instance no matter where the investor is located.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:48:49 AM

You could create a profile on Linkedin. There are several Angelsl Investors and Venture Capitalists on that network.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:36:48 AM

You can write a whitepaper for free.  That will help the most in gathering interest for your project.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Nano1778 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:21:12 AM

You can write a whitepaper for free.  That will help the most in gathering interest for your project.

I’ve already written a whitepaper and it has helped as much as it can.
Nano1778 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:21:59 AM

You could create a profile on Linkedin. There are several Angelsl Investors and Venture Capitalists on that network.

That’s where I’ve been trying but I get written off as spam or advertising.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

Have you tried AngelList at angel.co? I personally haven't received great results, but you can try your luck on that platform, since it can link you with lots of Angels and VCs. It's a very well organised platform based on funding, so you'll find it much easier than Linkedin, especially w.r.t. the spam/ads problem you faced over there.
Nano1778 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:35:01 PM

Have you tried AngelList at angel.co? I personally haven't received great results, but you can try your luck on that platform, since it can link you with lots of Angels and VCs. It's a very well organised platform based on funding, so you'll find it much easier than Linkedin, especially w.r.t. the spam/ads problem you faced over there.

They require you to have connections to get connections on there which doesn't make any sense, so I can't use the platform.
IvyLiang

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:39:02 PM

Check some blockchain media, conmmunities,  they can help you.
Souri

Activity: 1498
Merit: 360

You work in Insurance? Message me.

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:10:17 PM

Apart from the former mentioned angellist it might be worth trying to get into contact with an investor realtion agency/consultancy that has a portfolio with ICOs. Yes they will take a cut out of the investment, but they will polish all your documents, get you in touch with the right people and depending on the scale might even be able to put on a roadshow.

All your drunken small talk ramblings
I collect random ETH-Tokens:
0x6157a793913D5CF59DA8859a41083c66619e4283
metall140s

Activity: 238
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:41:17 PM

Firstly you can show you whitepaper here. Maybe someone can help you.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 01:52:24 AM

whitepaper is actually just 0.01% of a projects issues that have to be solved.

CryptoSpark

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 05:56:00 PM

It's a real challenge since there are so many blockchain businesses out there. How to stand out and get noticed above the noise?

In my opinion you need a few things.

> You need a business plan. Don't make it too long but it should contain some key points including a reasonable financial plan which is ideally backed up with some kind of financial model that's available on request, enough detail to explain the business to a non-crypto investor, information on the market and competition and the team. 20 pages should be more than enough and there should be a powerful executive summary because most investors won't get past it.

> You need a team. One man businesses don't really cut it, you need a business that establishes credibility in technology and business.

> You need to show more than just an idea unless you have some serious credentials to make it worth investing in an idea. Everyone has ideas, you need to present more than that. The white paper and business plan at a minimum, a team, a partnership or end customer onboard, some code. Not all of this but something to show there's substance and passion.

> Sadly, what really helps then is connections. A good team will have some connections but it's really difficult to get going without some good links.

I'm happy to help if I can because I know it can be difficult to get going. Keep in mind that blockchain investors get spammed with countless propositions so you really need to stand out.

Good luck
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:51:37 PM

It's a real challenge since there are so many blockchain businesses out there. How to stand out and get noticed above the noise?

In my opinion you need a few things.

> You need a business plan. Don't make it too long but it should contain some key points including a reasonable financial plan which is ideally backed up with some kind of financial model that's available on request, enough detail to explain the business to a non-crypto investor, information on the market and competition and the team. 20 pages should be more than enough and there should be a powerful executive summary because most investors won't get past it.

> You need a team. One man businesses don't really cut it, you need a business that establishes credibility in technology and business.

> You need to show more than just an idea unless you have some serious credentials to make it worth investing in an idea. Everyone has ideas, you need to present more than that. The white paper and business plan at a minimum, a team, a partnership or end customer onboard, some code. Not all of this but something to show there's substance and passion.

> Sadly, what really helps then is connections. A good team will have some connections but it's really difficult to get going without some good links.

I'm happy to help if I can because I know it can be difficult to get going. Keep in mind that blockchain investors get spammed with countless propositions so you really need to stand out.

Good luck

the trick is just to promote your project you dont have to have sole attention you need just some investors so you can run your work

levaorg

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:17:56 PM

Having some existing contacts is certainly the best starting point. This allows you to get in touch through recommendations. It is possible to approach investors directly, but the chances of success are certainly much lower.
Unikeys

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:06:47 AM

It's something extremely challenging. Like you said they are numerous blockchain-based projects out there, you cannot really tell whether they are serious or scam. I'd recommend you creating your own community fully utilising the social media channels (it is free!) extensively as it helps building the brand little by little. Just a little update/ tweet, or anything related to the project, or even just a short clip? photo? that describe your business model or project in the most effective way. The shorter the better because I don't think anyone would be interested to go thru a long video or lengthy post from a stranger. It's really hard to manage especially you are on your own but you have to do that otherwise who will invest into your business? There is no free lunch!  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: