Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:01:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition To Remove Mark Karpeles From The Bitcoin Foundation Board  (Read 9570 times)
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:25:47 PM

moment accounts.csv posted
i signed off from gox and all associated ventures permanently

nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 12:27:08 PM

originally i would have gone for a petition to remove people, but this is bitcoin. free markets don't work like that.

it's time for a new lobby group for crypto currency.

the market is big enough for a few, and bitcointalk should be it's forum, although lobbyists should be hired rather than big names from the community.

the money to pay for the lobbyists could be raised by a membership fee.

this is the only way forward that is going to give the community the professional status that it needs to grow.

feedback?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:47:00 PM

originally i would have gone for a petition to remove people, but this is bitcoin. free markets don't work like that.

the market is big enough for a few, and bitcointalk should be it's forum, although lobbyists should be hired rather than big names from the community.

this is the only way forward that is going to give the community the professional status that it needs to grow.

feedback?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

I've thought the same thing.  I actually started a thread on that a few days ago and got zero responses.

I agree that bitcoin needs a lobby group.

and a legal team.

no other way to advance it, far as I'm concerned.  It is going to meet substantial headwinds from people that want to kill it.  the only way to fight that is to fight that.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:08:19 PM

Foundation represents the community i assume?

The community needs gox to process BTC withdraws.   

Unless you want to see damage to BTC? this will affect more than just the price

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

hey price is on the up.. has Mark finally done the honourable thing with a samurai sword?

Price is up and down up and down up and down like always Smiley

Waiting for 1000$ Smiley just those all issues and bad news must be solved.
Armis

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:13:56 AM

the market is big enough for a few, and [Suspicious link removed]hould be it's forum, although lobbyists should be hired rather than big names from the community.

feedback?

I have CryptoCurrencyLobby.com,  I'm willing to partner with you and the the community at large to put it to good use.

I was thinking earlier today that the campaign should start with a crowdfunding campaign so that it has a chance of getting funds and at the same time gets exposure for the specific cause of having community accountability from MtGox. 

Beyond that the lobby should seek to have a hands-off policy from world govts particularly when it appears self-regulation works.

thevinci

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:48:03 AM

I second this motion. Mark Karpeles needs to be removed from the Bitcoin Foundation. The longer he is on it, the more that it is a sham. Maybe he is giving them kickbacks.
Armis

Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:08:51 AM

I second this motion. Mark Karpeles needs to be removed from the Bitcoin Foundation. The longer he is on it, the more that it is a sham. Maybe he is giving them kickbacks.

given what we see occurring at Mt Gox, that is highly unlikely

He has single handily reduced the value of btc by about 20%, if anything he would be extorting them for, since he was bringing down everyone's values.

However, notice that MGs btc values are no longer aligned with the rest of the market, it has "forked" itself, and doing it's own thing, having very little influence on the rest of the market.   Which is why the 20% isn't 25% and growing.

MG is both becoming irrelevant and a major catastrophe at the same time.  If they fail expect btc to take another rocket ship to new heights after looking like it took a nasty nose dive.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:48:01 AM

Signed.

Gox should be banned forevermore.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:36:16 AM

the whole foundation should be abandoned all together.

there is no real leadership there.

nothing but crooks and clowns.

I completely agree with u.
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:02:19 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 01:25:20 PM by Pentax

@ malevolent

Hey, my previous post does not violate ToS, stop censoring this thread.

I've had a post deleted also.

Bitcoin is about speaking truth to power as long as that power is not the bitcoin royalty, is that it?

Bullpucky. people on this forum should be able to speak their minds on these things, even if it isn't a viewpoint some necessarily agree with.  Any movement such as bitcoin isn't going to be all pom-poms and cheerleading routines, and I haven't seen anything suggesting anything all that radical.  Some people stated opinions.  BFD.

If the folks at the BTC Foundation can't take a bit of criticism, if BTC itself can't take a bit of criticism, this entire thing is dead.

Without proper checks on its leadership what is to stop the BTC foundation from turning into just another cloistered, corrupt organization?  I'm not saying that is the case now, but there has to be some system of feedback to help keep that from happening.  Free speech is part of that system.  If there is no system, BTC itself ultimately goes down a path led by a few individuals whose opinions and decisions are above reproach.  There is nothing but disaster down that road.  Whoever is censoring people's opinions here this is doing the entire movement a disservice.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:55 AM

@ malevolent

Hey, my previous post does not violate ToS, stop censoring this thread.

I've had a post deleted also.

Bitcoin is about speaking truth to power as long as that power is not the bitcoin royalty, is that it?

Bullpucky. people on this forum should be able to speak their minds on these things, even if it isn't a viewpoint some necessarily agree with.  Any movement such as bitcoin isn't going to be all pom-poms and cheerleading routines, and I haven't seen anything suggesting anything all that radical.  Some people stated opinions.  BFD.

If the folks at the BTC Foundation can't take a bit of criticism, if BTC itself can't take a bit of criticism, this entire thing is dead.

Without proper checks on its leadership what is to stop BTC from turning into just another cloistered, corrupt organization?  Im not saying that is the case now, but there has to be some system of feedback to help keep that from happening.  Free speech is part of that system.  If it isn't there is no system.  If there is no system, BTC itself ultimately goes down a path led by a few individuals whose opinions and decisions are above reproach.  There is nothing but disaster down that road.  Whoever is censoring people's opinions here this is doing the entire movement a disservice.

+1

welcome to nazi bitcoinland.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 11:06:41 AM

Hmm nazi? are you crazy to mention this word here?

Connections are like milk to vodka.
raskul

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:14:13 AM

Hmm nazi? are you crazy to mention this word here?

Connections are like milk to vodka.

^^ the entire point of being able to voice ones opinion and speak one's mind. some voices will offend some, it is a public forum. if you do not wish to share your opinions with others who have differing opinions, sit in a room and talk with yourself... which I can only presume is where Mark Karpeles is at the moment, sitting in a room talking to himself.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:16:42 AM

dont donate anything to the bitcoin foundation until gox sorts out its BTC withdraws, they know him, and they represent us.
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:03:31 PM

Can we start a petition to put mtgox is permanent DDOS lockdown?
raskul

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:04:14 PM

Can we start a petition to put mtgox is permanent DDOS lockdown?

sorry, that's a stupid idea. people have money in there.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

You should have a poll about that.
erik777

Activity: 504

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:59:30 PM

You remove one and another will take his place..

and it might be worse like a govt

I"ve always found that if you want someone to do, or not do something, it's good to tell them what you want before punishing them for doing what they did.

a friend who grew up in Russia but fled to the US when they finally let their jewish people leave said that they have a phrase there: "never ask for a new czar".  they've seen how doing so can make things worse. 

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
cosmicblue

Activity: 282

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:50:06 AM

signed!
I hope this piece of shit will finally get expelled from the whole community.

Big dom the donkey destroyer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: