Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 06:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Environmentalism  (Read 6657 times)
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

Cattle ranchers and businesses selling stuff are not attempting conservation.

That's the point. That's not their goal yet that's what they are achieving. Look at cows and buffaloes. They are practically the same animals. Yet, cows haven't been hunted to near extinction. Why? Why don't farmers go out into their fields and shoot all their cows dead today? Because if they do that, they won't have them tomorrow. Cows are privately owned. There's no rush to "kill as many as you can while you can" like was the case with buffaloes. Another example is with forests. If you sell forests to the highest bidder, they don't clear cut the land and never replant. Why? Because they'll be out of business within a few years. They want to make their resources last so they will replant new crops. Once you get rid of the commons, there's no more tragedy.

*Sigh*

Nobody listens.

Cows and replanted trees are not synonymous with ecosystems and old growth forests. There's a difference, and it has to do with the future of the planet.

Huge fucking difference.

"I'm almost speechless. Through your eloquent and well-thought-out post, I've completely changed my mind. The part where you said it was a 'huge fucking difference' sent chills up my spine. I've never really thought about it that way but having it so carefully and thoroughly explained to me, I have no choice but to agree with you. Have you ever considered writing an essay or perhaps even a book? I think that a book, if matched in the detail and intellectual weight of your post, could really open people's eyes. You've answered all of my questions and have left me with nothing but regret that I didn't see things your way sooner."

The above message was just a test. If there had been any actual thought-provoking content in your post, the text you just read would have been spoken in true sincerity instead of being followed by guffaws, belly-laughs and one-handed-wanking gestures.
FirstAscent (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 04:46:15 PM

"I'm almost speechless. Through your eloquent and well-thought-out post, I've completely changed my mind. The part where you said it was a 'huge fucking difference' sent chills up my spine. I've never really thought about it that way but having it so carefully and thoroughly explained to me, I have no choice but to agree with you. Have you ever considered writing an essay or perhaps even a book? I think that a book, if matched in the detail and intellectual weight of your post, could really open people's eyes. You've answered all of my questions and have left me with nothing but regret that I didn't see things your way sooner."

The above message was just a test. If there had been any actual thought-provoking content in your post, the text you just read would have been spoken in true sincerity instead of being followed by guffaws, belly-laughs and one-handed-wanking gestures.

I already answered these questions in prior posts here. Why would I spend the time answering it yet again? Chances are good I'm instead going to use some expletive to express exasperation.

If you were genuinely interested in the answer, you would have read those responses. For example, did you actually read the entire post I made that you initially responded to (this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46532.msg562641#msg562641 ), or did you just quote the first line? My text in that post you responded to enumerates some pretty clear facts, and while you had the opportunity to address them, you instead chose to write some ridiculous and useless post about how I used the term 'huge fucking difference' in a post I made after that post, because you apparently decided to conveniently ignore what I said.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 05:09:57 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 03:52:45 AM by bitcoin2cash

I already answered these questions in prior posts here. Why would I spend the time answering it yet again? Chances are good I'm instead going to use some expletive to express exasperation.

If you were genuinely interested in the answer, you would have read those responses. For example, did you actually read the entire post I made that you initially responded to (this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46532.msg562641#msg562641 ), or did you just quote the first line? My text in that post you responded to enumerates some pretty clear facts, and while you had the opportunity to address them, you instead chose to write some ridiculous and useless post about how I used the term 'huge fucking difference' in a post I made after that post, because you apparently decided to conveniently ignore what I said.

Talk about the issues instead of talking about talking about the issues. In the time it took you to write all of that, you could have made a relevant point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: