Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:44:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges?  (Read 4694 times)
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:43:08 PM

they are just determined to hack and breach an exchange by finding any exploit, loopholes, and bugs throughout the system of the exchanges that's why the owners are conducting some maintenance and system upgrade for the protection from a possible attacker, hackers have a hell of a patience to find those securities breach well there are tons of hacking lately better for them to be more aware of this numerous attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

Even though hackers are smarter than the average person however it is not enough to compare these two choices. Hackers are more intelligent than exchange but it is only applicable to some particular exchanges of those that lacks security and reveals too much flaws and bugs that any hackers can exploit.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:54:21 PM

I guess what we see these days is just exchangers being careless about their securities. It might be the case that hackers are truly gaining more and more knowledge about the back doors of exchangers and rob them accordingly. Exchangers are already backed up with lots of security protocols but well as they say, we are the only creator and destructor of everything here. May be its not that hard to find bug with lots of extensive study. So who knows when the exchangers will be far more secure than the current situation.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:00:34 PM

Security on the internet continues to be one interesting topic each day. Though we cannot stop people from trying to hack websites or exchanges to be more specific, the exchanges need to improve their security measures to make everyone safe.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:09:12 PM

Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
I think that all of this hacking is just an inside job or a flaw from one of the employees, because there is not possible way that they can hack them that simple, either one of the employees was involved and tricked by people and blinded by his greed to open a little port to let the hackers in to the servers for exchange for some of the profit, or one of the computers connected to the main server was infected with virus, i used to study internet security so i know that hacking out of the blue is not possible.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:16:27 PM

agree with you that hackers smarter than exchanges because they can able to find the weakness of the particular sites but this is the current problem for crypto that if hackers always be targeting exchanges then most of exchanges will closed their service because people fear to investing in crypto and do not trust anymore to them
tepakpak

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:37:04 PM

Hackers are always terrorizing us, technology is growing and hackers are getting smarter. Security on the internet is always at risk so it needs more security. I hope the exchange can be better.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:42:51 PM

Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

Yes, hackers are being too smart these days that they could hack even the exchanges nowadays so we, as traders , should be smart and observant because hackers would always find ways to steal our earnings which we must grow. We should handle it wisely and we must choose the safest exchange.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

yeah the hacker todays is more smarter and smarter. they can crack the highest security of binance and bancor and soon other exchanger will be do. If hacker wont do crypto currency will be banned by other country. because it can cause people lossing money if they continue hacking
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:24:51 PM

My friend as a hacker said:
It is not easy to hack exchange for hackers, but no system cannot be hacked or leaked. The whole of the security system on the internet despite an exchange is not 100% safe and perfect. There is always loopholes and bugs etc. which hackers can easily to find it. And when the security system on an exchange is improved, they can still find it.

And the worst:
If a hacker can't find the loopholes or bugs, they will work together as a team to hack a site.

So I think, that means not caused hackers becoming smarter, they just use the loopholes and bug and or work together to infiltrate a site.
Ngemmeng

Activity: 1106
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:25:54 PM

at this time many exchanges are successfully hacked, this should be a warning for the exchange to tighten its security because this can cause bitcoin prices to drop.
abas_ir

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:41:22 PM

at this time many exchanges are successfully hacked, this should be a warning for the exchange to tighten its security because this can cause bitcoin prices to drop.
and today ,we see its effect after bancor hacked and much token stolen from their wallet.exchange must improve their security technology in order to make protection being more secure.
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:42:16 PM

The hacking is happening almost every 2 months that had me thinking if it could possibly be an inside job. I mean, either they did not do their due diligence in protecting their exchange or they are too secured that that hackers will need someone on the inside to give them a backdoor access.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:44:08 PM

That is their real life profession so they will keep finding new ways everyday to break the security of the exchanges and steal their money but we also one of the reasons for that hackers getting more interested into hacks because how many times people saying never store your money in exchange after traded but still many people don't hear that and use exchange as their primary wallets too so hackers are seeing lot of money stored in exchange so they want to get it.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:55:57 PM

They only take advantage of a very unbound system in the platform, they are very clever people who can do such a thing, requires a very cunning skill to get the user's money with a very fast time, it is unfortunate that the famous exchange is very easily revoked by them , many disadvantages for users and also on highly effective market conditions to continue to fall, hopefully can finish minus quickly and tighten security.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:02:54 PM

The hacking is happening almost every 2 months that had me thinking if it could possibly be an inside job. I mean, either they did not do their due diligence in protecting their exchange or they are too secured that that hackers will need someone on the inside to give them a backdoor access.
dont think about that.is to naif for us.if one of exchange employee do that, it will very harmfull.and this man must be arrested.but personally it not happen, hacker have various technique from their team , so they can attack exchange security system.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

Hacking becomes a big threat to the crypto currency. This kind of criminal activity is very difficult to prove and not only because of technical problems. These crimes are committed using the Internet and therefore criminals can be found all over the world. For law enforcement agencies, this is a big problem. State barriers are very strong, legal formalities and harmonization of mutual actions can last for months, while criminals can move from state to state and at the same time remain unpunished. Apparently, we need an interstate police association in this area to combat such types of crimes.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:54:31 PM

AFAIK, crypto security already implement advance SHA things but why it still can be hack ?
Is it possible that inside man play the role for this incident ? or it's really pure the system mistake ?
Of course I hope this will not happen in the future or bitcoin will keep decreasing for eternity !
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:59:39 PM

yeah. and you know what. you can never be sure if it is a real hack or it is exchange platform itself that announced they were hacked but maybe they are just tricking. centralized exchanges are always very risky for traders.
bowals

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:16:38 PM

Hackers are always smarter but it's the effectiveness and backing of the security agents to track them down and block further transfers that prevents this. Since crypto is decentralised and unregulated, it's the perfect medium for hackers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: