Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges?  (Read 4694 times)
bitsdubai

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:47:11 AM

Hacks occur more often where there is money, profit, benefit. There are no cryptocurrencies on the exchanges at the moment, the security system is not properly established. In addition, there are suggestions that the exchange themselves are related to hacking. I also believe that hackers have always been ahead of the rest, they are very smart people. They are even trading on the stock exchange is not necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fideend

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:10:23 PM

Blackhat hackers are becoming smarter, they can easily break through the layers of security that programmers write to protect their bitcoin, but with their intelligence to attack the back door to serve. for theft, profit for yourself.
May be so but I personally have no idea about it. But it is important that the exchanges should increase their security, because we have already seen so many chases where the whole exchanges has been hacked, so that to avoid such kind of cases in future. I think it is also important to choose a good and trusted exchange where we keep our money more secure.
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:21:27 PM

Blackhat hackers are becoming smarter, they can easily break through the layers of security that programmers write to protect their bitcoin, but with their intelligence to attack the back door to serve. for theft, profit for yourself.

The whole time exchanges were already hacked. This is not very new, but always a big problem for exchanges. No exchange is 100% safe. There will always be new ways to hack such pages. Therefore, my constant advice, no longer leave coins there as necessary.  Wink
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:50:18 PM

Well it's actually a cycle. Hackers threaten the exchanges then exhanges prepare and beat them with something new. I know that hackers will lose this because exchanges are backed up by resources that hackers don't necessarily have. Besides, hackers use human error to hack accounts and not necessarily challenging the exchanges security system

pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:55:19 PM

Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
Securing systems is hard, even when systems are technically secure a person such as an admin reusing a password and haviong that pasword exposed somewhere else can lead to a breach. I guess when there is big money involved the hacking attempts are relentless. This isnt an excuse, I guess to be in that business (exchanges) they should have their sh*t in order - but clearly, the problems continue.

Am I spamming? Report me!
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:21:43 PM

Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

What about asking if the hackers are really different person?or with connivance with the exchangers ?ooopps dont get me wrong but this plays in my mind since then,exchanges being highly secured and protected are getting hacked that easy,nowadays this sites are very vulnerable with this criminals i dont really know whats happening behind this scene
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:21:15 PM

I think those blackhat hackers are just being hired of a specific companies in order to take down their competitors and those investors are just being affected intensely if they are holding a huge amount of coins.
ntarah langger

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:01:37 PM

human nature, want to have something.
but they abuse their advantages for unlawful deeds and harm others.
I believe the hackers are people who have an above average IQ, should they use it for useful things not the other way around.
store our personal data very securely, and never give it to anyone but the person you trust the most.
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:47:24 PM

Hackers nowadays have devised tactical strategies and they bare always alert to get someone to hack. This scares most traders and investors to do trading or invest respectively. My account was nearly hacked when i forgot to put my wallet password in filling forms instead of the wallet itself. Let us all be very vigilant with hackers. 
ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

You are right buddy! The hackers are scaring away the new investors for the fact being that their funds may not be secure and that people will take them away. But I don't blame exchanges fully. We are still under development as a new venture (I mean cryptocurrencies ) and so it might take sometime for us to get ourselves established.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:48:11 PM

Hackers are really taking so much time and effort to steal large amounts of money in cryptocurrency, no wonder these large exchanges could not hold as much to prevent hacking. And you maybe right about it, they might have bypassed the security systems of the Exchange before they were able to upgrade it. They are innovative and experts so there are always a potential threat from these hackers. But I know for certain that these can be blocked if they would upgrade their sysytems and hire more experts to monitor attempts of hacking.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:40:24 AM

I am sure that now someone is sitting and working on in order to protect investors from fraud.Let's be patient and soon we will see the crypto world without scams

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:00:55 AM

hackers are hackers, scammers are scammers...
they are in every corner of the world.
all we need to do is to be careful and keep in safe.
exchanges will do their work and will try to put walls that hackers can't get in.
You know everyone becomes smart as technology advances, when hackers get smarter, of course exchanges will also get stronger security, they will not stand in place dude, they must upgrade their security, so you don't have to worry, yeah all you have to do is stay cautious..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:45:07 AM

It is obvious that the hackers are smarter than the exchanges because if they are not smarter than the exchanges then it would be impossible for them to hack or bypass the exchanges to stole some of the cryptocurrencies or money in a certain exchange. They have a lot of information that they can use in order to bypass so they are clearly smarter.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:29:49 AM

I don't think that there is something more on hackers side but there is a high probability of having something less on the side of the exchanges. It is true that hacking incidents are scaring new investors but there is a lack of awareness among the people so they highly rely on the websites to keep their funds secure. It is the need of the hour to spend more resources on security precautions for the exchanges to hold and bring back the trust of investors.
Karakas

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:38:17 AM

maybe this will be a strong example or who has more intelligence or knowledge that will kick the weak, the exchange site owners should employ hackers in their company
dire-2002

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:01:13 AM

I think it comes from the subjectivity of the security mechanisms of trading platforms. They do not improve and extend the security options for users. That's why hackers exploit and cause panic for investors and market trends.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:45:09 AM

Obviously hacker are smarter and they know much there is no doubt. But i mention here if anybody create anything he should make its security power more and more as it gives you income. So team of any exchanger committee should more smarter then hacker. When you taking risk of lot of peoples financial system you should more and more careful otherwise you will lose your system as Etherdelta happen. So i think team of owner should more and more careful.
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:04:25 AM

of course there is always a gap for each technology, no matter how small the gap is, it will certainly be utilized to the maximum extent possible by hackers, so it's true that hackers are smarter than exchange, therefore there are some exchanges recruiting hackers to join them so that exchange they are quite safe
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:04:29 AM

They are not getting smarter than the exchangers, because they are already smartest to be able to hack the great security backed exchanges. Dont you think that it is for real that how they go through the links, and hack most secured crypto exchanges ever built. Sometimes I feel that its we human who create an error based scripts and codes which always have loop holes in them and thus hackers can easily get into it and steal whatever they want. Basically this might be done through the accounts that people create over it and with smallest error they catch the fish. It could be lot of bugs and errors thats causing this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: