Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:21:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No more withdrawals from Coinbase?  (Read 1183 times)
miragecash (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:54:47 PM

HI all,

I saw that Bitstamp halted all withdrawals and I heard on this forum that Coinbase uses Bitstamp. Does that mean Coinbase has halted withdrawals but just hasn't announced it on their website? I am thinking about using Coinbase (reluctantly, see my other posts) but I don't want to use it if they don't allow withdrawals because that is a red flag of possible;

1. "malleability" bug that they haven't bothered to do the workaround for in their coding.
2. ddos attack that their security guy haven't bothered to plan for.
3. insolvency.
4. scam.

Can anyone who uses coinbase confirm that you've been able to withdraw your money (usd? btc?) in the last 48 hours?

Thanks,
 Smiley

P.S. does coinbase allow withdrawal with bitcoin as well as usd? This is not entirely clear on their website.
supersajin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:00:28 PM

No idea where you heard this info?

I made multiple withdrawals today 2/14

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:04:10 PM

No kidding.  This is just bad info.  Perhaps trolling with FUD.
Stevets

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

I just withdrew 88000 Bitcoins that I "acquired" yesterday so no prob.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

1. "malleability" bug that they haven't bothered to do the workaround for in their coding.

This only affected a few exchanges.
miragecash (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:26:02 PM

No, I don't have "bad info" because it was a question. Notice the question mark at the end of my sentence.
Anyways, thanks for the info. I shall proceed with putting funds into coinbase, then.

BTW, can you withdraw BTC from coinbase? I know you can receive BTC and dollars into your account. I know you can withdraw dollars, but can you withdraw BTC?

Thanks,
 Smiley

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:01:32 PM

No, I don't have "bad info" because it was a question. Notice the question mark at the end of my sentence.
Anyways, thanks for the info. I shall proceed with putting funds into coinbase, then.

BTW, can you withdraw BTC from coinbase? I know you can receive BTC and dollars into your account. I know you can withdraw dollars, but can you withdraw BTC?

Thanks,
 Smiley

Holy moly man. Welcome to the forum, but you're not off to the best start. If you're not going to take the time to read the extremely simple documentation provided by these services, you're going to have a bad time.

It sounds like you haven't even signed up. If you signed up and poked around a bit, you would find all of your answers right in front of you. This would be a very important step considering you're thinking about putting your hard earned dollars in there. Remember, signing up doesn't mean you have to put money in there, if you take a look at what they have to offer and you don't like it, you can walk away no problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: