Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:34:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Ico Projects Solving Problems Of Humanity?  (Read 227 times)
swaggerkeme (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:07:35 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 12:45:13 PM by swaggerkeme

Blockchain is  increasing becoming popular with great innovation to existing projects  The long time vision of almost all ICO projects' main aim is to provide solutions to some of the problems  facing humanity in the area of health, education  etc. Despite this main motive of most projects, most  tokens end up at the exchanges for only trading without being used for their intended purposes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:11:07 PM

I genuinely do not believe I've ever read one ICO proposal that had me nodding and thinking, man, why didn't I think of that?

Every single one is a solution looking for problems that do not exist. If they do have some merit the chances are thousands of conventional companies are doing the exact same thing perfectly competently right now and not demanding free money from you to do it.
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

Almost all of them think that they are solving human problems but lets face the fact that the solution they are offering is not yet proven and could possibly cause more harm to humanity. One of the negative things I can foresee is the conversion of human workforce into artificial intelligence.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

Actually it's depend on the project it self. Building a startups business is not an easy job, those startups will face many problem that related to their business field. Need more time to see those startups success. There is nothing wrong about cryptocurrencies trading, people are free to choose their way to earn money.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:24:55 PM

I don't know what kind of problems icos can solve as they are problematic themselves, i have taken part in one ico once but i have never faced a bounty campaign that was a scam, i am  a lucky one still)
swaggerkeme (OP)

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

Actually it's depend on the project it self. Building a startups business is not an easy job, those startups will face many problem that related to their business field. Need more time to see those startups success. There is nothing wrong about cryptocurrencies trading, people are free to choose their way to earn money.

Trading is a good thing as far as blockchain technology is concerned. So you have a  good point with regards to the trading aspect, but the main focus is mostly lost at the end of the day.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

Most ICO's coming up are solving humanity problems. The team members take a long time to investigate into problems of humanity and bring up solutions to solve it. The team members are very innovative and creative.

Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

Some are doing good with the motive behind their project but these days the number of scam projects are so many. Nevertheless i know of projects like Flogmall which brands online marketing in a very new way where both sellers and customers can come together and establish businesses. Some projects are good but others are also scam so just becareful when investing.

kofibee12

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:34:51 PM

Blockchain has become popular due to the needs it has been solving for humanity in the field of energy, health service management and environmental issues. A lot of ICO projects in the past and upcoming ones all aim at helping humanity solve it problem by the use of the blockchain.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:37:55 PM

First of all Bitcoins is not synonymous with block chain it's really hard for people to get to know blockchain through Bitcoins, blockchain technology is breakthrough and Bitcoins just are the biggest factor blockchain is popularized.
What we know is that ICO's n other things are soley in here in the market for their own benefits it's not like they are in here to solve problems of humanity, I think everything out there is for personal profit of people and more than 50% of them are fraud therefore more things to support my argument.
I don't think it's that good for you a cause but I really hope that turns out to be like how you potray it to be.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 11:40:05 PM

ICO's solving problems of humanity? Lol, seriously? On whitepaper, roadmap - yes. But in reality - in general main purpose of ICO's to make their creators rich. Many of them aren't planning to solve any problems, their are only thinking about how to get as much money as possible from investors.

pimkobai

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:50:27 AM

I think at some point, it could somehow help solve a bit to people joining ICO mostly in signature bounty campaign whereby gaining profit from their token rewards after the and of the campaign period. Without ICO, these forum might not be the way it is now since most people are here because people are participating from this signature bounty campaign. For those who are unemployed are now earning profit because of this technology that gives opportunity to the people. For those investors that are planning to earn generous profit, this is the chance by achieving such goal by investing through ICO's.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:31:55 AM

99% of them are just looking for cash grab, usually they work hard but once ico has ended - I dunno but they seem like they lose motivation or something. Whatever they claim, never comes into fruition.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:33:38 AM

ICO scammers will do anything to lure their victims, so there are many flavors of ICO promises. Some just bombard potential investors with buzzwords like "universal decentralized blockchain AI platform with machine learning and VR technologies", others are taking existing problems but don't explain exactly how they would solve them, they just say "blockchain will revolutionize it", and then there's a lot of project with really far-fetched ideas that simply try to slap blockchain on to anything imaginable - pets, sports, farming and so on.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:52:14 AM

Maybe, there is a little help but I think it cannot really totally solve the problem of humanity wherein only the power of government in a certain country could somehow initiate good governance to address the humanitarian problem like unemployment, poverty alleviation and other socio economic problem. As a bounty hunter, I had a bad experience with my other ICO bounty campaign such as GREENISH since I had finished the bounty campaign period and just left without any notice. I hope these ICO's should be screened properly prior to let them joined in the forum to prevent from people being scammed.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:52:50 AM

Theoretically speaking, yes. They are bringing new implementations of blockchain technology to the society. Problems were addressed like the elimination of the middleman in e-commerce, paying services thru blockchain and tokenizing stuffs. Similar to the internet where it was created 3 decades ago, it wasn't accepted immediately. In the future, if the adoption goes well, who knows if we would benefit from the cryptocurrency we considered shitcoin today.
redtrus55

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:56:30 AM

Yes, but unfortunately the popularity of cryptocurrency can only be seen from the benefits alone, for example is the investment, not from its usefulness.
Poorman80

Activity: 103

Globalcurrency -100% backed by gold

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:16:08 AM

I believe so, but this depends on what you are really trying to emphasize here. "Problems of Humanity" as a whole is quite impossible to solve as life is full of problems. Sometimes deliberately done others just accidentally happened and some are just the after effect of what problem has been done before it. But if you would be talking about solving problems not in its totality, I would definitely say yes. It did. A friend of my brother-in-law was able to pay for her wifes hospital charges after giving birth. It is quite a coincidence when it happened. And that was just good. Others have bought for them a house and lot. And that was there long time problem. Not totally but in some ways it really did help a lot.

❏ GOLDEN CURRENCY
| First cash private money on blockchain |
▬▬▬▬[ 100% backed by gold ]▬▬▬▬
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:01:28 AM

when you read about the ICOs like reading their topic, website and paper, you can see that they are solving a lot of issues. many of which are interesting. but when you check out their projects and see what they are really doing you can see that it was all fake and only a way of advertising their shitty token to make money from gullible people.
so far not a single ICO has done anything but raise money, dump and go away.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
PTsang

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:23:11 AM

99% of them are just looking for cash grab, usually they work hard but once ico has ended - I dunno but they seem like they lose motivation or something. Whatever they claim, never comes into fruition.

Agree.  At the end of the day, it's the remaining 1% that we all hope for (and look for), which might help changing the world a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: