Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:11:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mining hardware company will win  (Read 1438 times)
bitcointodayand (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:51:33 PM

and why.

My vote is on Cointerra. http://cointerra.com/

Why? They have the most powerful machine, confirmed at 1.63 - 1.72TH in initial batch and improving.

They ship pretty much on time.

They have the best technical team in the world.

They are the most transparent company.

They do right by their customers, when they come up short on specs, even though they are still very good they give future discounts, free machines offer refunds etc.

No, I don't work for them, or know anyone who does.

LogicalUnit

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:50:12 PM

Currently cointerra is sold out. I'd vote for a company that has product in stock.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:28:16 AM

Hopefully not company outright wins. 
The more companies making gear the better as it will help drop prices a bit if there are many viable, in stock options to choose from.
Then we all win.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:40:46 AM

The more companies making gear the better as it will help drop prices a bit if there are many viable, in stock options to choose from.
Then we all win.

Unfortunately no company seems to be willing to sell hardware at a pricepoint where you can mine more BTC that you could have bought directly.  It would be in their interest to mine with the hardware instead of collecting presales in BTC.
Bonio

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:16:28 AM

BFL! They have the best mining hardware ever! Or should that be: never! LOL Smiley

The Monarch did look like it was going to be a good investment, then it looked like it might break even and now it is looking like its going to be even later than a late thing that has missed the bus.

If it ever does become reality, as of right now the developers seem to have gone quiet, which is a worry.

DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:58:22 PM

I made 3 purchased on BFL and was always disappointed.
Faulty devices, min 6 months delays.  It was always bullshit with them and will avoid at all cost
I hope one day they go down with an avalanche of lawsuits.
they deserve it!
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:17:39 PM

You are totally correct there.
It is unfortunate. 
I was reading a group buy recently and saw that several people who had supposedly purchased new miners from the manufacture said they were full of dust and looked used not new at all.
That is one crappy part of it all.  Build and use the gear to mine then sell at a premium to people and call it new because it had not actually left the facility before then.

Then we all win.

Unfortunately no company seems to be willing to sell hardware at a pricepoint where you can mine more BTC that you could have bought directly.  It would be in their interest to mine with the hardware instead of collecting presales in BTC.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:36:17 PM

Right now they are all winning and miners are all losing.

Some of them do not even have working prototypes but are still selling pre-orders like there's no tomorrow.
Some have hardware but mine with it for weeks before delivering to the rightful owner.
Some over promise and under deliver.
ALL way overcharge for what hardware they eventually do deliver.  A $6,000 miner should cost maybe $1,000.  The entire industry is one big gauge of the customers they supposedly serve.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

Not sure what winning is.  All of them are making a shit-ton of money, thanks to the pre-order gambit, which basically assures they cannot lose.  In terms of the ones building the biguns

KnC is crazy expensive, but is covering their customers' asses on their delays, and is getting product out.  I'm still not coughing up 13k for a miner.

Cointerra is only mildly insane when it comes to pricing @ 6K, seems pretty solid as an organization, have had good communications, and is shipping miners.  Cointerra just announced a new PCI miner today @ 1500/unit.  Of course that thing is a pre-order also for, I think, June.

Black Arrow has a delayed roll-out of their supposed 2 Th/s unit, which was due end of Feb, but is now looking more like May, if their customers are lucky, making positive ROI unlikely at this point.  Their communications and support need some serious improvement, as apparently does their R&D department.

I think KnC and Cointerra survive, BA is done due to their bungled rollout, and new players will enter the market.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:27:51 AM

If ASICMiner's chips are as good as they claim, their chips will win out for sure.  There should be a working prototype in a month or so.  They are hoping to have chips at 0.2J/GHash

Disclaimer: I own AM shares.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:14:09 AM

It's still too early to tell.

December, January, and February belonged to Bitmaintech.  Depending on AsicMiner and what miners use their chips could be a gamechanger in late March/April and possibly beyond.

Cointerra/Bitmine/KNC/Black Arrow will duke it out in the middle of the year.

Sorry BFL, but only noobs will fall for your schemes.

Plenty of year yet, still early to tell who will win.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:16:06 AM

December, January, and February belonged to Bitmaintech.  Depending on AsicMiner and what miners use their chips could be a gamechanger in late March/April and possibly beyond.

This also depends on the price of bitcoin.  If the price rises, more miners will join the party.  If the price falls, the electricity to run the miner will cost more than the miner brings in.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:27:55 AM

December, January, and February belonged to Bitmaintech.  Depending on AsicMiner and what miners use their chips could be a gamechanger in late March/April and possibly beyond.

This also depends on the price of bitcoin.  If the price rises, more miners will join the party.  If the price falls, the electricity to run the miner will cost more than the miner brings in.

True, this is all price based although I can't see it get much worse than Shrem, Silk Road 1 & 2, and MtGox news.

Unless there's another "malleability" issue or money laundering case or another Bitcoin Foundation member ends up arrested, Bitcoin should be more about progress, regulation, and adoption throughout the world going forward.

At least that's the hope.   Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:47:11 AM

December, January, and February belonged to Bitmaintech.  Depending on AsicMiner and what miners use their chips could be a gamechanger in late March/April and possibly beyond.

This also depends on the price of bitcoin.  If the price rises, more miners will join the party.  If the price falls, the electricity to run the miner will cost more than the miner brings in.

True, this is all price based although I can't see it get much worse than Shrem, Silk Road 1 & 2, and MtGox news.

Unless there's another "malleability" issue or money laundering case or another Bitcoin Foundation member ends up arrested, Bitcoin should be more about progress, regulation, and adoption throughout the world going forward.

At least that's the hope.   Cool

Yet will all of those issues, the price of bitcoin is still higher than it was 6 months ago.   And it is being accepted more and more

http://coinmap.org/

http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/chart/coinmap/num_venues/total
kthejung

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:49:38 AM

It seems that the earlier owners of Antminer S1 prospered quite a bit.  First batch of Cointerra IV seems to have been a decent choice as well.  When were the pre-orders for the first batch of Cointerra IV taken?  Wish I would have heard of Antminer S1 earlier; never heard of them until it was relatively late.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:51:26 PM

kncminer already wins on nanoscale.

LightningBlade

Activity: 259

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:23:28 PM

cointerra wins knc!!!

bolverk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:35:53 PM

It seems that the earlier owners of Antminer S1 prospered quite a bit.  First batch of Cointerra IV seems to have been a decent choice as well.  When were the pre-orders for the first batch of Cointerra IV taken?  Wish I would have heard of Antminer S1 earlier; never heard of them until it was relatively late.

Every Bitmain product I've touched so far has been able to reliably overclock, too.  Solid gear.  Next generation of antminers are coming in April according to the company.  And the fact that they won't take money until they have product to ship makes me feel more confident in them.  I'm not ponying up money for vaporware.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: