Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason why people hate Bounty Hunters  (Read 102 times)
dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:12:32 PM

Do you know why so many people hate bounty hunters?

Because they are demanding, over value themselves, filled with scammers, and hurt the value of the project and coin after it goes to market.

Let me lay it out for you:

Demanding: Screaming "When are we getting paid!!!!!!" in the telegram chat is annoying and makes you look like a selfish child.

Over Valuation: I hear a lot of bounty hunters say, "We worked hard for you! Where is our reward?" The marketing penetration bounty hunters provide is laughable and the amount of actual paying clients they bring in is even more of a big joke.  Where is the data that shows your "marketing" brings in money? There isn't any because there aren't any.  So why do ICOs utilize a very cost-negative way to market? (because a lot of startups don't know wtf their doing)

Scammers: Copy and pasters, plagiarism, dummy accounts, multiple accounts...you name it, bounty hunters do it.

Hurting the project: This is by far the worst.  Bounty hunters are the first to cry SCAM! and spread fud on the very project they had invested time in.  Once they get paid, they are gone with no continued support of the project.  Worse yet, they dump their coins and devalue the project.

Of course, not everyone is like this, but there are enough that a lot of us say, "ugh...bounty hunters *rolls eyes*"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:18:21 PM

Well, it's ironic because you have a signature so it is obvious that you are a bounty hunter and I am too.
I've got the good ol bountyhive avatar thing going on.

But, actually, I do know where you are coming from.
I just don't think it is as widespread as you think.

There have been numerous times where payment was delayed and I got frustrated and there was no way to communicate with devs.
So the only thing I could do was try the main telegram chat.
And then when you're told to ask those questions in bounty chat you are like, "I already did ask there!"

For me, I have learned to vet bounty programs so I don't get caught in those types of situations.
So I wonder what all of these other people are doing? Why would they consistently choose to promote obviously terrible companies?

elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:38:06 PM

Reason is quite simple why people hate bounty hunters - they dump coins right after they got it,no one holding and i understand them, no one want work for free

Suicide101

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:38:59 PM

You are right, man. But, you know, What we can do? Nothing, i think. All what i do i rly work hard in my bounty campaigns, I try to write good posts in Twitter, Fb etc.
I don't swindle
Also I try to do everything fairly. If I trust in the project, and his developers were honest, I help this project even after the end bounty campaign. And i will be to hold the projects tokens.
All this that we can make. We have to be decent. That people have ceased to see in us only swindlers.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

Yes maybe they are so devastated by the behavior of irresponsible people after throwing all tokens that they have a very worrying effect by getting a very small price and forget it can be called only in pay for free, with the number of scams they are naturally so long to work but has no results at all, too much to think about big prizes.

Kamidzy7

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Well, I do not know who hate,on the contrary, the community of bounty helps projects to spin, without them, not one ISO would not start,so to say it, well, it's a waste of time,and so the words to the wind, only when the bounty drained tokens and lower the market, well, it does not depend on them but on the fact that such a market goes down, as when few people want to merge up as understand that the profit

https://www.heta.org/  Build The Smart Industries On Top of HetaChain
nunibanuni

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

Demanding: Screaming "When are we getting paid!!!!!!" in the telegram chat is annoying and makes you look like a selfish child.

I'm not really sure now you know the reason why this is happening. Simple, the project did not take their word, hunters who are asking that questions are left out of the dark meaning the project promise to do this and that but then later on they will eventually changed the rules without even letting the participants know. If they can't keep their own words how will you expect the hunters to trust them after that? Heard of IMT? If not go in their telegram and find out why there is a lot of hunters screaming.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:40:10 PM

Because they are demanding, over value themselves, filled with scammers, and hurt the value of the project and coin after it goes to market.

Over Valuation: I hear a lot of bounty hunters say, "We worked hard for you! Where is our reward?" The marketing penetration bounty hunters provide is laughable and the amount of actual paying clients they bring in is even more of a big joke.  Where is the data that shows your "marketing" brings in money? There isn't any because there aren't any.  So why do ICOs utilize a very cost-negative way to market? (because a lot of startups don't know wtf their doing)

Scammers: Copy and pasters, plagiarism, dummy accounts, multiple accounts...you name it, bounty hunters do it.

Hurting the project: This is by far the worst.  Bounty hunters are the first to cry SCAM! and spread fud on the very project they had invested time in.  Once they get paid, they are gone with no continued support of the project.  Worse yet, they dump their coins and devalue the project.

Of course, not everyone is like this, but there are enough that a lot of us say, "ugh...bounty hunters *rolls eyes*"

Although I'm a bounty  hunter, but I cannot but agree with the author. There is an army of inadequate guys in bounty chats doing all the things the author has mentioned. It is irritating, but you know what? They behave all the same in real life! Just look around and you'll see tons of people who do their job bad and ask for a higher salary; who hurt their employers in the Web if anything goes wrong. So bounty is not the problem, the people are.

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:13:33 AM

To avoid price of the token dumped by bounty hunter, the team developer should be pay reward of bounty hunter in ETH, or if they pay in their token should pay bounty reward by partly like in every month and not at the sametimes for all hunter. This is one of the way to protect investor from loss value of the token. Investor is the main key who supported the project and they should be get more profit and the project should be has protection for them.

Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:18:16 AM

I have never think along this way before and I think we should be able to learn from this post as a hunter. I believe we are also an investors and we are to invest along with those that actually put really cash.
xPotato_02

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

You know what, you're right about everything. I share the same sentiment towards bounty hunters
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Funny that your one of the people you hated.
The is this acts are allowed not because of the majority of the hunters but with the rules they follow.
None of the rules on the bounties prohibits the acts you hated so much.
However like yourself, not all the hunters are spammers and not all of them should be hated.
Hunters are the foundations of the projects. Why? Well some of the investors that participate on projects are actually hunters.
And projects relay on hunters for publicity and possible participation and investment.
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:26:14 AM

there is nothing wrong with the bounty hunters, they are also part of a successful project, I think bounty hunters just do their job and just want bounty managers to keep their promises to pay for it.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:26:46 AM

What you said is true from the perspective of project developers but what choice do bounty hunters have?
Every worker deserves his/her wages.
Bounty hunters are not investing in the future of the project but in the successful promotion of the ICO, so no bounty hunter should be hated for cashing out.
Perhaps I see a more legitimate hatred coming from investors who got scammed from the works of bounty hunters who unknowingly promote scam ICO.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: