Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:31:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deployed Altcoin/Private BC Projects - in light of Jimmy Song on Unchained  (Read 95 times)
biscottigelato (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:18:03 PM

Hi,

After listening to Jimmy Song's podcast on Unchained (by Laura Shin). I am conflicted whether he is right. This summary is basically that blockchain has little to no use-case beyond currency, smart contract is basically impossible due to the oracle problem, especially in the case of private blockchain where it will simply not deliver any value.

What would be the clearest counter-example to refute Jimmy Song's argument? Are there any? Or is 100% of these altcoin/private blockchain projects still in development?

*I know there are projects that have products, but they usually does not actually utilize the blockchain aspect, which is usually stated to be 'in development'.

*This is the episode I'm talking about: http://unchainedpodcast.co/jimmy-song-on-why-bitcoin-will-be-the-winning-cryptocurrency-ep69
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: