Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you see crypto-currency take us in the next 5, 10, 15 or 20+ years?  (Read 1638 times)
Pesh (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

Finally, and it may take 10 years- everything will be 'on chain' as the technology is far superior.  However I don't agree with the early adopters that it will result in some sort of social or economic changes.  The power brokers and big firms that control finance will be in a position to start their own coins and dominate the landscape just as they have for the past 300 years.  Perhaps it is they who is behind Bitcoin in the firstplace (as claimed by some sources like http://bloc10.com/splittingbits/ ) -

But to answer the question, Blockchain in some form will replace all financial instruments in the world, and serve as a useful accounting systems for large scale I.T. systems, the military, logistics, education, healthcare, government, basically everything.  Yeah, it will.
Could not agree with you more my friend! Yesterday was great though, when watching the world cup final I saw a blockchain ad for hdac on a UK broadcasting channel called ITV. The future looks bright, how bright? We'll just have to wait and see what it hold for us.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:54:21 PM

The PoS and PoW thing has been discussed to death already and most people prefer PoW over PoS.  Roll Eyes  I think the most important reason why most people use Bitcoin is because of the privacy aspect of it, so we should never make sacrifices on privacy to satisfy these governments need for control.

If they do change this in the future, people would move back to PoW based coins and this would have accomplished nothing.   Tongue
You make some valid points there. But I must say if you have not tried zPIVX yet you really should! It's as private as they come. Only downside to it is that the transactions for zPIVX can only be made in the following 1 zPIVX, 5 zPIVX, 10 and so on... Can't pick a 0.2 or 0.302342... But check it out and you will not be disappointed. Yeah I personally am a fan of PoS, super quick and super affordable to set up in most cases.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:56:52 PM

Finally, and it may take 10 years- everything will be 'on chain' as the technology is far superior.  However I don't agree with the early adopters that it will result in some sort of social or economic changes.  The power brokers and big firms that control finance will be in a position to start their own coins and dominate the landscape just as they have for the past 300 years.  Perhaps it is they who is behind Bitcoin in the firstplace (as claimed by some sources like http://bloc10.com/splittingbits/ ) -

But to answer the question, Blockchain in some form will replace all financial instruments in the world, and serve as a useful accounting systems for large scale I.T. systems, the military, logistics, education, healthcare, government, basically everything.  Yeah, it will.

I fint it very interesting what you said in the first paragraph. ¿BTC could change someway economics? To me yes --> Be you own bank, thats all.  ¿Could you imagine people managing their own money, not paying maintenance fee, credit cards fees...? That is the future BTC provide us, not the future we would have by doing the same things as now. In addition you know where did you spend your money, only you.

Big companies would do everything to preserve their position but blockchain its not an expensive technology and we will have plenty of options to choose between. Its going to be an exciting moment.

Hmm I have a hard time getting to grips with it. The thing is the big players can get in this any time they wish to do so and when they do you are talking about a market that's largely owned by those who already control the banks. But as for making payments in private, yes you are right that's a huge upside to all this.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:58:14 PM

Only when Bitcoin is out of trend will electronic money die on it .
But I think this is the right time to invest in it

People speculating on the Bitcoin price are not "investing", they are gambling!
Well said. I'm partly in it for a profit but a large part of me is there for the technology, I'm actively learning code to try and participate in some way to this crypto-community
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:01:00 AM

I see crypto currency taking us to the thrive stage in the future because the of the coiuntries which still seek to become more advanced economically and socially are dying to get involve in cryptocurrency because of the good tiding they have heard about cryptocurrency and I believe in 5,10 or more years the government as well be more friendly towards cryptocurrency.
Your point are certainly not wrong mate, but I have a hard time believing they will be friendly to cryptocurrency users. They'll find some bull way of getting tax out of you one way or another... Complete financial control is something the heir-achy wouldn't be too fond of.
NeeNts

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

I was on discord writing post as I normally do for a few coins I help out with moderation. I stopped typing for a minute and thought to myself, "How well can crypto-currency influence the way we live and how will it all be regulated without it interfering with out privacy?".

There is of course the idea that data will be stored on the block chain but how will that positively/negatively affect us? Yes transparency is great and I am all for it but where would you draw the line? More importantly is the security of the network also, how can security be maintained and kept at the highest level? I was thinking of a wallet that would update the network every few months  with new hash's that gets linked to the wallet address and the whole system would be kept alive through PoS as I find that to be more of an efficient solution to PoW and of course doesn't require miners to run the network for you a single masternode would be enough to generate blocks on the network without major problems ( there are problems of course but not great in nature).  
I don't see good future of bitcoins i know its popular and most of people are attracting to it but its not enough.There's many issues are still pending against crypto currencies like most of country are willing to ban these currency
maivui5411241@gmail.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

Bitcoin is a good coin. There are predictions that in the next 5 years may reach $ 250000. I find it workable too
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:04:33 AM

this mainly my hope but i think after a couple of years we will stop seeing a lot of shitcoins exist or be created and we will start seeing a much smaller number of them while these top big pumped altcoins die away and give their place to good projects that are doing something real.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
adnandanish102

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:13:59 AM

In this fastly progressing market,bitcoin and cryptocurrency have made a great name.Much of the websites accepted bitcoin and most of the payment are being done through bitcoin and I am sure that in 5 to 10 years,bitcoin will take over flat currency.
sevenjoy

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:08:37 AM

I was on discord writing post as I normally do for a few coins I help out with moderation. I stopped typing for a minute and thought to myself, "How well can crypto-currency influence the way we live and how will it all be regulated without it interfering with out privacy?".

There is of course the idea that data will be stored on the block chain but how will that positively/negatively affect us? Yes transparency is great and I am all for it but where would you draw the line? More importantly is the security of the network also, how can security be maintained and kept at the highest level? I was thinking of a wallet that would update the network every few months  with new hash's that gets linked to the wallet address and the whole system would be kept alive through PoS as I find that to be more of an efficient solution to PoW and of course doesn't require miners to run the network for you a single masternode would be enough to generate blocks on the network without major problems ( there are problems of course but not great in nature).  
Banks are not ready to accept it and the main point is government are not supporting it.We have to clear these issues first if we want to see bright future of bitcoins.
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:13:38 AM

In my opinion, in 20 years there will not be "real" money anymore ( aka FIAT). I don't see another future if not with digital money only. I don't say Bitcoin for sure, but the main currency could be anything else.. surely not physical money in my opinion.
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:21:20 AM

Crypto-currency for me is the next internet 2.0. The way we live today will be changed after a few years. Some jobs would become easier and some also would lose their job because of blockchain and cryptocurrency. Manpower would become less while artificial intelligence will take place of the duty nor work of a human.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:23:11 AM

just because PoS seems more interesting and fast than PoW it doesn't mean it really is safer, faster, ... than it. there is always pros and cons to all the designs. you can already find the problems and attack vectors of PoS online if you do some research. and it certainly doesn't mean it is the future of cryptocurrency.
the problem with most of these things is that they are never fully tested. bitcoin with its PoW is battle hardened since it has been at the center of attention for 9 years and under attack and it has worked properly all this time. others weren't tested or attacked as well to pass or fail although there has been fail cases in some altcoins.

Only Bitcoin
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

Almost everything will become digital most specially our FIAT money. no more physical money which you can hold and cyber crimes will increase in number. The one world currency will occur and there will be one government which would lead the whole human race which I believe that it will cause disaster to everyone of us.
hknknitin
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:50:26 AM

Cryptocurrency Progress in the next coming few years, is going to be great. Number of transactions is surely going to increase as this would become more user-friendly day by day. With the recent advancement, one can say that the value of the cryptocurrencies will increase for sure, no matter how many bumps come in the way. Regrets will be there to some people at some point of time in the future who are fearing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin investment. Development of new cryptocurrencies is very much frequent nowadays which clearly indicates the rising market of it.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:32:18 PM

I don't see good future of bitcoins i know its popular and most of people are attracting to it but its not enough.There's many issues are still pending against crypto currencies like most of country are willing to ban these currency
There are countries out there willing to go fully crypto. I do understand where you are coming from though, there are many drawbacks to BTC like it's slow transactions and scalability issues but I really do see crypto in general being used in the very near future. Just a matter of time.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:33:56 PM

Bitcoin is a good coin. There are predictions that in the next 5 years may reach $ 250000. I find it workable too
I honestly don't know where people get these predictions from? I think people fart it out these days. I could also say bitcoin will reach a million in 5 years or it could reach ten dollars in 5 years time. Only time will tell my man. We will just have to wait and see what the future holds.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:38:33 PM

Maybe Bitcoin has a future. But I do not think Bitcoin can exist in 10 or 20 years. Because the blockchain platform will certainly be old and replaced by other technology platforms. and Bitcoin will be forgotten

I'm thinking along the same lines. I don't think it will be completely forgotten but technology would surpass what see today as cutting edge. A solution where scale ability is no issue and the currency can be monitored by the higher power that be.

Yes, the technology will certainly improve over the years which may deal with the current issue of scale but even so bitcoin could still be in the game because its platform will simply be upgraded, no?
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:49:34 PM

this mainly my hope but i think after a couple of years we will stop seeing a lot of shitcoins exist or be created and we will start seeing a much smaller number of them while these top big pumped altcoins die away and give their place to good projects that are doing something real.
Yeah mate I could not agree with you more. There are a lot of coins in the market which are just speculative coins with no real value in them. Just huge hype and nothing to show for it.
Pesh (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:50:46 PM

Maybe Bitcoin has a future. But I do not think Bitcoin can exist in 10 or 20 years. Because the blockchain platform will certainly be old and replaced by other technology platforms. and Bitcoin will be forgotten

I'm thinking along the same lines. I don't think it will be completely forgotten but technology would surpass what see today as cutting edge. A solution where scale ability is no issue and the currency can be monitored by the higher power that be.

Yes, the technology will certainly improve over the years which may deal with the current issue of scale but even so bitcoin could still be in the game because its platform will simply be upgraded, no?
I do think they will be upgraded yes. But how fast? It's competitors are catching up to it and even surpassing it pretty quickly. It's only a matter of time once again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: