Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isnt it time to give up cryptocurrency ranking  (Read 484 times)
taksrkanah

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:14:00 PM

ranking of cryptocurrencies becomes outdated in my oppinion, its quite easy to create a currency which has a higher marketcap than bitcoin, but a corrupt sect arround the indexes prevents listening of those.

with the end of national banking cartels a time called "coins of style" will come, in this it will be more about a cryptocurrency and about its management and much less about a pretended selffullfilling ranking.

this could then also help prevent to get the market divided into new marketmovements. that want to free themselves from attention monopolies of established top 10 coins.
etc.

regards

Rankings are always based on the price in the market but i think that the ranks should be based on its popularity because it is always depending on the investors on how the coin will grow in the market.
and I think people will be more confident in coins that are there first and in trade.
and I think it's also very difficult to compete with the current market if it happens later.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

One thing I know. Stop looking at coinmarketcap. That is a hell of fake news for me.
There is not much of a legitimate market of one crypto currency.

I saw a lot of projects which are really good and yet they are ranked at the thousands number. It is disappointing to see more people are relying on that and they are doing some math with the market cap and whatever it is.
Even with the good exchanges listed by them they are still somewhere at the bottom.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 08:47:03 PM

One thing I know. Stop looking at coinmarketcap. That is a hell of fake news for me.

I saw a lot of projects which are really good and yet they are ranked at the thousands number. It is disappointing to see more people are relying on that and they are doing some math with the market cap and whatever it is.
Even with the good exchanges listed by them they are still somewhere at the bottom.

Don't blame coinmarketcap for that. Their ranking is quite clear and that is based on the market capitalization. Indeed, sometimes not all exchanges are listed there, but the biggest ones are present. If the project is low, it's because its coin is just trading cheap.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
dev9t9ok

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:14:45 PM

If really, I have not understood your idea completly. Crypto technologies are just technologies and everybody can use them by its own intention that is why there are so much various coins on the market. I do not consider that it is wrong because every coin is a particular technology, a project or a company and this situation is similar to the real life where thare are a lot of various business and companies. Of course there are high ranked coins like successful companies in the real life as well as there are low ranked companies like less successful companies in the real life.
SplendidHunter

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:33:39 PM

ranking of cryptocurrencies becomes outdated in my oppinion, its quite easy to create a currency which has a higher marketcap than bitcoin, but a corrupt sect arround the indexes prevents listening of those.

with the end of national banking cartels a time called "coins of style" will come, in this it will be more about a cryptocurrency and about its management and much less about a pretended selffullfilling ranking.

this could then also help prevent to get the market divided into new marketmovements. that want to free themselves from attention monopolies of established top 10 coins.
etc.

regards
In my opinion the main problem with the ranking of cryptocurrency is that those ranks are usually subjective, I haven't heard that somebody is paying money in order to get higher ranks and ICO bench and whatever else sources.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:16:44 PM

Regardless of how reliable or unreliable CMC is, they provide a free to use site that has grown out to be one of the highest ranked sites in the world. It's attracting millions and millions of visitors every month, which means that people like it a lot. It's not really fair to blame CMC for being a noob site by how people take market cap ranking seriously -- they provide a site that nurses the demand, that's all. I would do the same in their position. Even if CMC wasn't there, people would still debate on what currency should be at what rank based on its market cap. Just let people do what they think is good for them, it really doesn't bother me.
Gdra467

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 11:49:36 PM

First time I joined crypto I was surprised some of the coins in the top 50 didn't have a real world use product/service. I asked myself if how they got there in the first place? The rankings don't reflect the true value of the coins in y opinion. Some very good coins may be lingering below 300th position but with a top product.
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:58:00 PM

No, I don't believe the market ranking should be scrapped. It serves as a guide to people to make their investment choices especially the new comers into the market and as such, let the ranking continues, and also the competition between similar Cryptos also continue.
narielle

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:58:00 AM

etc.

regards
You are totally right! It should not be based on market cap instead it should be based upon the popularity of the cryptocurrency. Just like what you said, it can be tampered and easy to create a currency with huge market cap. However, it will become useless if the people does not want that coin, so it is better to look upon the usage of the coin, price, volume and dominance so that they will sort well.
Andrea23

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:41:22 AM

I agree with you. Market cap shouldn't be the only we look at when we judge the coin. We need change. If we are going to create a society where crypto currency is used everyday for just about everything we need a new way to rank coins. Plus if you are knowledgeable about crypto you wouldn't be ranking coins by the market only.
greengirl

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:48:34 AM

Rankings should count on community use because a successful coin must have a large user community. Next came new products, and applied to life. Don't trust the evaluation sites, they give the data themselves, no one checked the data. There should be a VoteUp system for everyone
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:21:30 AM

etc.

regards
This is not going to change besides you can only deceive the really dumb investors because another very important metric is volume, if a coin supposedly has a bigger market cap than bitcoin but this was created in an artificial way then this will show in the volume with a volume that is very low or almost non existent compared to bitcoin, so while the ranking by market cap is flawed it is the best system we have.
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:42:14 AM

The market price notice is just the algorithm of the website being programmed. The price of each cash flow is due to the market or the owner of the project that updates the situation. All information is just behind them, the reality is very different. Do not spend too much time listening to the market. Be prepared for your plans to achieve certain goals do not be too greedy...
Elwin_Dog

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

The market price notice is just the algorithm of the website being programmed. The price of each cash flow is due to the market or the owner of the project that updates the situation. All information is just behind them, the reality is very different. Do not spend too much time listening to the market. Be prepared for your plans to achieve certain goals do not be too greedy...

Do you think there's a bit of favoritism going on with some of these sites? Some false promotion in exchange for some coins under the table? It's insider trading like on wall street, except no one will ever know it happened. That's what you've really got to be careful about with crypto.

It's not worth spending much energy crawling through these sites anyway. Learn your own criteria for judging the value of a coin and then invest little by little until you have enough conviction that it is worth that money. And certainly, don't get too greedy or it might all disappear.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:55:47 PM

It's really easy for new coins to do wash trading and price manipulation to get a higher ranking on coinmarketcap.  I've seen some really useless coins make their way to the top 50 of CMC overnight.  It's very concerning that a ponzi scam (bitconnect) was once a top 10 coin. Coinmarketcap has started to crack down on fraudulent coins but the problem still persists. 
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

etc.

regards
In my opinion the main problem with the ranking of cryptocurrency is that those ranks are usually subjective, I haven't heard that somebody is paying money in order to get higher ranks and ICO bench and whatever else sources.

No it was not subjective, the rankings of cryptocurrency is always based on the prices in different market's because in this way you can determine what coin has the highest progress in the industry.
KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

I have long been convinced that all these ratings do not show the real reality. All reviews comments are ordered from freelancers and there is no objective truth about the ICO. Therefore, we have to study all the coins and all the companies ourselves. Their products, websites, white paper, etc. are Time consuming, but it is more productive.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:20:39 PM

Cryptocurrency rankings are indeed flawed. It comes from a traditional (and obvisously correct) approach that market capitalization means number of shares times price per share. However, rankings distinguish between total supply and available supply and even count in tokens that are made on existing blockchains. It is entirely misleading and it confuses investors.
ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:39:22 PM

But in my opinion I think they're also good in some way to rank them. It makes people know where to follow and what to follow. Anyways I think it would also prevent people from manipulating the market though!

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Cointoli

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:43:50 PM

I have long been convinced that all these ratings do not show the real reality. All reviews comments are ordered from freelancers and there is no objective truth about the ICO. Therefore, we have to study all the coins and all the companies ourselves. Their products, websites, white paper, etc. are Time consuming, but it is more productive.
I also do not appreciate ICO analysis websites because I think the information about the ICO projects on those webmasters might be a PR rush for ICO projects. Take the research and analysis methodology of ICO projects you want to invest to take responsibility for your decision, mistakes will be the lessons learned in this market.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: