Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Bitcoin QR generator  (Read 156 times)
cwaqrgen (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:18:39 AM

This unique QR is fused with the cryptocurrency logo & has a nice border. It makes it easier to identify what type of wallet address is in the QR code. This project is still ongoing and I am open to your suggestions.

Best Regards
CWAQRGEN
https://cwaqrgen.com
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaidman

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

There is future in cryptocurrency

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:22:31 AM

This unique QR is fused with the cryptocurrency logo & has a nice border. It makes it easier to identify what type of wallet address is in the QR code. This project is still ongoing and I am open to your suggestions.

Best Regards
CWAQRGEN

Please explain the function more for most of us to understand. I know QR code but what makes yours special
cwaqrgen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:25:48 AM

Best Regards
CWAQRGEN

Please explain the function more for most of us to understand. I know QR code but what makes yours special

It allows you to create a custom QR which makes it easier to identify what type of crypto asset, address or text is embeded the QR code. Please visit the link in the description.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:28:44 AM

I think most of the wallets provide their own QR codes for the wallet. Still showing the asset logo and a custom border will really make it personal.

Suggestion: If you let users to add their name in the border, then many of them will start using it as it makes something special.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cwaqrgen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:32:53 AM

I think most of the wallets provide their own QR codes for the wallet. Still showing the asset logo and a custom border will really make it personal.

Suggestion: If you let users to add their name in the border, then many of them will start using it as it makes something special.

I will consider that. Thanks for the suggestion Smiley
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

Those bubbly bitcoin logos around the main square section makes it look ugly rather than fancy, don't you think so?
Also add input section for BTC amoung they would like to get paid, if possible put converter using preev.com api or similar one for currency of user's choice.

Like the concept and found it quite smooth, yet to scan the created QR hope system don't tweak the bitcoin address in the process  Grin
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

Those bubbly bitcoin logos around the main square section makes it look ugly rather than fancy, don't you think so?

those bubbly things around the QR are not a part of the final result. it is some weird designing choice that they put there. I don't think it is that bad though. the result will only be the QR code with a bitcoin logo in the middle of it and also an additional orange boarder around the whole thing. if you download the result you will see it.
something like the donation QR at the bottom.

to OP, your system does not recognize Bech32 addresses which are bitcoin addresses starting with bc1, the result is just clean QR without BTC in the middle.

also it would have been best if your system detected each address automatically instead of needing the user to select the coin. for example
- if an address starts with 1 it is most probably bitcoin
- if an address starts with L it is most probably litecoins, D is Dogecoin
- if it starts with bc1 it is 100% bitcoins
- if it starts with bitcoincash: then it is 100% a bitcoin cash address (rip off of bech32 address by BCash people Cheesy)
... a lot more of these conditions which are simple to find.

Only Bitcoin
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3427

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:19:44 PM

Like the concept and found it quite smooth, yet to scan the created QR hope system don't tweak the bitcoin address in the process  Grin
You can always use an online QR scanner (ex. WebQR) and check everything (before using it).

to OP, your system does not recognize Bech32 addresses which are bitcoin addresses starting with bc1, the result is just clean QR without BTC in the middle.
It works on my side.

I am open to your suggestions.
- If you can't implement what "Pursuer suggested", then I suggest to get rid of the "Search for Cryptocurrency... field" and instead, add those 29 supported cryptos to the top (heading - just use their logos) so users can easily click on them.
- At least try to offer it for the top 50 crypto-currencies.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cwaqrgen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:42:55 PM

Also add input section for BTC amoung they would like to get paid, if possible put converter using preev.com api or similar one for currency of user's choice.

The code is clean & transparent so no monkey business Grin. Those fancy bubbly icons are just there to make the QR generation process look fancy Smiley. Only the QR is downloaded in the end
cwaqrgen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 12:51:30 PM

those bubbly things around the QR are not a part of the final result. it is some weird designing choice that they put there. I don't think it is that bad though. the result will only be the QR code with a bitcoin logo in the middle of it and also an additional orange boarder around the whole thing. if you download the result you will see it.
something like the donation QR at the bottom.

also it would have been best if your system detected each address automatically instead of needing the user to select the coin. for example
- if an address starts with 1 it is most probably bitcoin
- if an address starts with L it is most probably litecoins, D is Dogecoin
- if it starts with bc1 it is 100% bitcoins
- if it starts with bitcoincash: then it is 100% a bitcoin cash address (rip off of bech32 address by BCash people Cheesy)
... a lot more of these conditions which are simple to find.

I get your drift, but you have to remember address are ever changing. The QR border already tells you whats in the QR as opposed to identifying each individual address. as you rightfully said, its main purpose is to create a clean QR code.
cwaqrgen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:03:32 PM

- If you can't implement what "Pursuer suggested", then I suggest to get rid of the "Search for Cryptocurrency... field" and instead, add those 29 supported cryptos to the top (heading - just use their logos) so users can easily click on them.
- At least try to offer it for the top 50 crypto-currencies.
[/quote]

I am only doing cryptos that are supported for cold storage devices( eg Ledger nano, trezor, etc etc.) If i do 50 I probably would have to do the whole 1600+ crypto's in the market (that takes time my friend). People have whined about not seeing their crypto. However, custom cryptos can be done at the users request, where a special link will be created within the site to create your crypto QR. I just like to keep things simple Smiley.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:37:58 PM

I tested the site and trying to make a qr code with my bitcoin address the generating is fast.
Can I request you to add BTX because I tried to search for other coins but only a few of them are supported?
And I suggest you increase the size of the QR code image because it's too small.

Anyway, great work and hope that you can add more tools or design about the QR code so that if they print it on the paper, not only QR code is inside the paper also the bitcoin address and the name of the owner or label.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: