Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Stipend-Zenith Freelancing |Pow-PoS 3.0| Zerocoin Technology | Quark  (Read 482 times)
marathonic (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:55:23 AM

The official link for this coin is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4641258.0

This is the unmoderated version that Bitcointalk requests to be created if anyone is unsatisfied with a self-moderated topic. From the original post above:

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

The dev has created this as a self-moderated topic to allow him to delete anything that would warn would-be masternode investors that it's a scam coin.

There is a single developer of this coin which he describes as a 'better' version of Stipend who he argues have developers of a lesser quality than himself.

The original chain stopped at block 999 due to issues in the developers code. The original chain has been stopped, miners balances are going to be nullified and the new chain will be starting shortly.

As per the developer in relation to Github:

There are no official main net links that will coincide with the new release.

Are you aware of any other coins that are unwilling to publish their code for review? The industry is almost entirely open-source. It's highly unusual to not publish your code and the sole reason I can think of for this is to avoid developers reviewing it and highlighting issues. The prior version of his code did have issues which I highlighted on their Discord and on their Bitcointalk announcement - before all messages were deleted and I was banned from their Discord. This is probably the main influence for not publishing the current version of their code.

After their chain stopped at height 999 due to zerocoin not being implemented properly, the fix involved changing the zerocoin start height (nZerocoinStartHeight) in chainparams.cpp to block 1000000000 - effectively disabling it for 1,902 years. This is one of their main selling points - apart from their 'working product' which is nothing more than a basic template that could be set up by any competent developer in less than 30 minutes.

Masternode sales start soon and will be priced at the same as a Stipend masternode - currently 0.29970 BTC.

Be careful out there.

marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:31:43 AM

The good news from the Stipend Zenith developers is the following:

The wait is finally over Zenith family, the new improved wallets have been released!

This is their first MANDATORY update.

The bad news is that there are still issues in their code and the next MANDATORY update will be coming soon.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:25:55 AM

Sorry, but all the issues are fixed. I'm not sure why you are obsessed with this project. Zenith is superior, period. And we aren't asking for 'Donations' because we blew the entire capital raised from MN sales, and can't afford to maintain the project further due to the price drop.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:29:01 AM

And further, the devs are searching through my code to improve their crappy Alpha now.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:36:25 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 12:57:00 AM by Zenith Developer

Additionally and lastly, we aren't trying to sell MNs. The Stipend devs however have been involved in many scams. Some of them are below

Seather Coin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4420113.0

Sigil Coin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710157.0

Jolt Gas  - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3008241.0 - which isn't a scam, but the developer Nick took their BTC to create the blockchain but never followed up with helping them afterwards and just ran off with 0.8 BTC according to the developer there. I'm currently helping them build their new wallets.

Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:01:20 AM

And here is proof from the Jolt Developers that they worked together, and Nick ran off with their BTC.

marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:33:37 AM

Sorry, but all the issues are fixed. I'm not sure why you are obsessed with this project. Zenith is superior, period. And we aren't asking for 'Donations' because we blew the entire capital raised from MN sales, and can't afford to maintain the project further due to the price drop.

The code is NOT fixed and the issues will come in the very near future. Hopefully, you don't fool too many masternode investors before then.

By the way, NO developer in their right mind tells people that their code is 100% perfect. You were telling everyone the same thing at block 1 of your original chain but, low and behold, the chain came crashing down at block 999.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:38:17 AM

The code is NOT fixed and the issues will come in the very near future. Hopefully, you don't fool too many masternode investors before then.

By the way, NO developer in their right mind tells people that their code is 100% perfect. You were telling everyone the same thing at block 1 of your original chain but, low and behold, the chain came crashing down at block 999.

You seem upset....
marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:41:19 AM

You seem upset....

I would be if I owned this coin and was telling everyone "Zenith is superior, period". Did the chain come crashing down before, or after, that period?
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AM

And to say this code is inferior when the old Stipend coin is set to produce infinite blocks but claim a max supply of 19 million is laughable.

else if (pindexBest->nHeight+1 > 840001 && pindexBest->nHeight+1 <= 1890000) {
   // end game - further discussion needed
        nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
    } else if (pindexBest->nHeight+1 > 1890000) {
        nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
        nSubsidy >>= ((pindexBest->nHeight + 210000) / 1050000);
    }

There is a mandatory hard fork required in the Stipend code, or it will produce an infinite number of blocks. THIS is unfixed code.
marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:48:23 AM

And to say this code is inferior when the old Stipend coin is set to produce infinite blocks but claim a max supply of 19 million is laughable.

nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
        nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
    }

There is a mandatory hard fork required in the Stipend code, or it will produce an infinite number of blocks. THIS is unfixed code.

There is a mandatory hard fork also required in the Stipend Zenith code,  but much, much sooner (although after your masternodes are sold which is probably all the concerns you). THIS is unfixed code.

When I reveal the issue I'm aware of in your code, you'll see how the Stipend Zenith code issue is much, much more basic - and will cause problems a hell of a lot sooner. I wouldn't expect the issue I'm aware of in a school project, never mind an officially released cryptocurrency.

Personally, I haven't reviewed the Stipend code so cannot comment on the above.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:50:39 AM

nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
        nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
    }

There is a mandatory hard fork also required in the Stipend Zenith code,  but much, much sooner (although after your masternodes are sold which is probably all the concerns you). THIS is unfixed code.

When I reveal the issue I'm aware of in your code, you'll see how the Stipend Zenith code issue is much, much more basic - and will cause problems a hell of a lot sooner. I wouldn't expect the issue I'm aware of in a school project, never mind an officially released cryptocurrency.

Nope, I've tested all methods in the code PoW is functional, Masternodes are operable, Zercoin tech is working, and PoS functions perfectly. You are Nick and you're mainly upset that I won't tell you how to integrate a blockchain into your site. Which is incredibly simple for any competent developer.

You actually thought nZercoinStartHeight modified the ability to mint coins, you have no clue what you're talking about.

You claimed that PoS 3.0 was attached to Zerocoin functionality, the only thing you can point out is your ignorance.
marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:58:12 AM

nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
        nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;
    }

There is a mandatory hard fork also required in the Stipend Zenith code,  but much, much sooner (although after your masternodes are sold which is probably all the concerns you). THIS is unfixed code.

Nope, I've tested all methods in the code PoW is functional, Masternodes are operable, Zercoin tech is working, and PoS functions perfectly. You are Nick and you're mainly upset that I won't tell you how to integrate a blockchain into your site. Which is incredibly simple for any competent developer.

Did you also 'test all methods' prior to the chain come crashing down? Every coin has potential code bugs - you just have to look at the Github of any of the top coins to realize that code fixes are put in place pretty frequently.

It's only the worst developers that claim their code is 100% perfect and don't even try to obtain details of the issue - instead claiming your coin as the first in history that is without potential issue. The unbelievable part is that such a claim was made on day 1 and is still being made after a reset of the chain was required and all miners balances on the previous chain were 'nullified'. I laughed at that comment from you on Discord. It just slid off the tongue as if nullifying the coin balances of all your miners was nothing to be in the slightest bit concerned about.

You consistently call me Nick (I believe one of the Stipend developers). That is not me. There is a big difference between 'obsession' and getting burned in a masternode presale before and wanting to help others avoid the same when you spot a blatantly obvious scamcoin.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:01:54 AM

Are we promoting a MN sale...no. The only time MN sales come up is if someone directly asked. I'm not a starving developer. I have the funds to continue the project with or without a MN sale.
zayachkivska

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:04:19 AM

when Github has a new view and creates a new system in which the system has a role in all the blockchain in the world and can minimize the scam project is a genius concept. I really hope big success of this project in the future. and dev is able to overcome all the problems he will face
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:07:21 AM

You are also neglecting the fact that I am a single developer. Once I build a team this project will have daily significant updates. I have helped many "big" projects you mention. But now I am working to fix many projects that can't function on their own. The Stipend team refused to implement many of the suggestions I gave them, even though I asked to assist them for free, so I created the project myself and made it free.
marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:10:46 AM

You are also neglecting the fact that I am a single developer. Once I build a team this project will have daily significant updates.

Whether a coin was built by a single developer, or a team of 500, a bug is a bug and you should have been using an approach of asking for me to provide information so that you could fix it. Instead, you took the approach of arguing that I was a Stipend developer and that your code is perfect.

You are not promoting a masternode sale because you know that those that invest in MN sales will be asking anyway. They always do. Hell, I even see them ask at times on Discords of coins with no masternode functionality.

I like how you avoid the 'Did you also 'test all methods' prior to the chain come crashing down?' question. Nicely done!!!
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

You are also neglecting the fact that I am a single developer. Once I build a team this project will have daily significant updates.

Whether a coin was built by a single developer, or a team of 500, a bug is a bug and you should have been using an approach of asking for me to provide information so that you could fix it. Instead, you took the approach of arguing that I was a Stipend developer and that your code is perfect.

You are not promoting a masternode sale because you know that those that invest in MN sales will be asking anyway. They always do. Hell, I even see them ask at times on Discords of coins with no masternode functionality.

I like how you avoid the 'Did you also 'test all methods' prior to the chain come crashing down?' question. Nicely done!!!

The issue that froze the chain was due to Terahertz of ASICs jumping on the project too soon, with such hash power the header versions didn't update with the modifier. So at block 1k the headers were at version 3 when they were supposed to update to version 4. That is impossible to test, but what wasn't impossible was a fix, which I coded.
marathonic (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:17:53 AM

Let's come back to this a little closer to the time of your next hard-fork - it's not far away.
Zenith Developer
Copper Member

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:49:13 AM

Let's come back to this a little closer to the time of your next hard-fork - it's not far away.

Cool...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: