Quark - 71 (15.8%)
Peercoin - 25 (5.6%)
Namecoin - 1 (0.2%)
Vertcoin - 136 (30.3%)
Nxt - 82 (18.3%)
Total Voters: 449

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin vs Doge vs Quark vs Peercoin vs Namecoin  (Read 11825 times)
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

I didn't vote for quark but I must say out of all of the alt currencies I like mining and using quark the best.

The reason I like mining quark is because I know that everyone else mining it is mining it with CPU's or cloud servers.

As far as why I like using quark the best, well, I love the transaction speed being less then 30 seconds, its amazing.  Sometimes I have the coins in my walled and confirmed before the pop up that I am receiving coins even shows up.

I think the transaction time alone will take quark to the next level as the other coins confirmation times are too long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zzzack (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:39:19 PM

Doge +21%
Quark +2%
Peercoin -2%
Litecoin - 6%
Namecoin -7%
Vertcoin -48%

Sidenote: I'm thinking about removing Vert from the poll. This one is too risky considering that it hasn't gone up in price since it was listed on cryptsy. There might be claims of it being 'undervalued' because of this, but this coin has a lot of tell-tale signs of just being a hyped coin that got pumped and has bagholders still talking about it..

Producer
SpaceRaccoon

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

Sidenote: I'm thinking about removing Vert from the poll. This one is too risky considering that it hasn't gone up in price since it was listed on cryptsy. There might be claims of it being 'undervalued' because of this, but this coin has a lot of tell-tale signs of just being a hyped coin that got pumped and has bagholders still talking about it..
The reason the price dropped so much is because at the price it was at, it was incredibly profitable to mine. At the current price it is still near the top for profitability.
Zzzack (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

The reason the price dropped so much is because at the price it was at, it was incredibly profitable to mine. At the current price it is still near the top for profitability.

Agreed. It may still be too overvalued. Considering the rate of mining and the price right now, I think this coin may not be an option till it drops by 50%.

Producer
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:35:26 AM

Vertcoin was created by a man that didn't know sh!t about marketing and stuff like that. Look at it now. It's getting power and capitalization, because smart people see its potential.
The mining troubles scared the weak ones, but the stong ones are mining and getting profit off that. It's 100% ASIC-proof-ness may not be valuated high now, but surely will, in few months.
My vote - VERTCOIN
lagur

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:41:34 AM

Vertcoin was created by a man that didn't know sh!t about marketing and stuff like that. Look at it now. It's getting power and capitalization, because smart people see its potential.
The mining troubles scared the weak ones, but the stong ones are mining and getting profit off that. It's 100% ASIC-proof-ness may not be valuated high now, but surely will, in few months.
My vote - VERTCOIN

+1
Zzzack (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:55:06 AM

My vote - VERTCOIN

+1

You and your friend who posted above completely ignored me!! Why shouldn't I be worried that Vert has been so unprofitable ever since it was put on exchanges? It hasn't moved up in price according to the graph I posted.

Producer
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:56:39 AM

But please think about this thread:
"Re: Bitcoin vs Litecoin vs Doge vs Quark vs Peercoin vs Namecoin"

Bitcoin is a sun.

Rest are making rounds around bitcoin Smiley

Bitcoin will always win.
(I believe that).

Altcoins are altcoins.
Bitcoin is much different for now.

Time will show am I right or not.

Regards!
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:39:44 AM

My vote - VERTCOIN

+1

Vertcoin makes a lot of people scared, thats for sure!

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
Zonata

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:46:48 AM

LTC - horrifically over-valued, long-term trend is down
Doge - in two years this will be passé, the teenagers will have found something else to have fun with
Quark - the speed and security will attract Joe Bloggs, massive growth at some point is likely.

LTC overvalued? on what basis? It was the first scrypt coin, so as BTC it is there to stay. Also, there is 8millions $ in transaction everyday and 80GH/s on the network. Quark is what, another scrypt based coin? with like 160k$ in transaction? and only 1 GH/s. I don't know which coin will be there in 10 years, but LTC will be rising for a long time... I don't see the point of speed before major adoption, and I don't see major adoption in the coming years. But we'll see.

I agree with you on DOGE thought, but for the moment to come, it is one of the best short term investment.

LTC was not the first scrypt coin and Quark is not a scrypt coin.

Bitcoin ASIC (SHA 256)
Litecoin GPU (scrypt)
Quark CPU (9 algos 6 hashes)

I read about Quark today. I agree I misjudged the coin. Also, let's say the first scrypt coin that hit major exchange... Tenebrix does not really count man.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 05:24:07 AM

Dogecoin is no type of long term investment. Over 5 billion new coins per year forever, so that means in less than 20 years there will be two times the number of coins they originally sold us on as the "cap".

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
bitjedi

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:55:46 AM

My vote - VERTCOIN

+1

You and your friend who posted above completely ignored me!! Why shouldn't I be worried that Vert has been so unprofitable ever since it was put on exchanges? It hasn't moved up in price according to the graph I posted.

this is not true, I don't mine and I bought 100% of my vert on the open market and it's made a killing.  you're looking at graphs that don't go back to the beginning when the coins were trading at 0.0003.  sucks if you bought in at the top of the last peak, but that's how coins trade....very peaky.  just look at bitcoin, litecoin, doge, and all the others and you'll see the same pattern.

buy with your fundamental analysis and gut and forget following the swings or you'll get burned.

edit: here's a graph that goes back to inception.  http://coinmarketcap.com/vtc_30.html
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:36:04 PM

Vertcoin has some technical potential , but it's true effect will revealed when Scyprt-Asics comes out and people need to point their rigs to somewhere worth it.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:04:23 PM

Fascinating how Vertcoin is winning. Puts confidence in one's heart Wink

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:09:27 PM

My vote - VERTCOIN

+1

It has technological advantage, it does not need daytrader trust to prove it's long-term value.

moriartypants

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

Vertcoin all the way.   

Bought my ticket to the moon.  Keeping it in my bag.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:31:12 PM

Top 8 Crypto currencies right here, very nice list.

Bitcoin   
Litecoin
Doge   
Quark
Peercoin   
Namecoin   
Vertcoin   
Nxt
Zzzack (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

Bitcoin   
Litecoin
Doge   
Quark
Peercoin   
Namecoin   
Vertcoin   
Nxt

I think I might take Namecoin off my list. 0 votes so far.

Producer
bitjedi

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:25:16 PM

Bitcoin   
Litecoin
Doge   
Quark
Peercoin   
Namecoin   
Vertcoin   
Nxt

i think you should leave it.  it's important to see the coins that aren't popular too.  im considering moving into a portfolio of coins based on these voting results.
GreenWins

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:31:43 PM

Bitcoin   
Litecoin
Doge   
Quark
Peercoin   
Namecoin   
Vertcoin   
Nxt

i think you should leave it.  it's important to see the coins that aren't popular too.  im considering moving into a portfolio of coins based on these voting results.

Don't base your portfolio off voting. The voting system on this forum can be easily manipulated. Do actual research on the coins first.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: